Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    The mini chart is nice i think you should add it. Also would it be possible to add sorting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    Just purchased the full version after using the lite version for the past week or so.

Congrats on getting into the App Catalog!
    I just bought the paid version. Don't know why. What the heck is the difference? I still can't use a portfolio...

What did I just spend my money on? The only thing I notice is that 'Evaluation' isn't there, and the 'Lite' is removed from the title...
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Sammyc53,

Top Stocks is not supposed to be better (just yet) than Top Stocks Lite. It's not like Top Stocks Lite is a free version and Top Stocks is a premium version. Top Stocks Lite is there for you, so that you can "try before you buy", as currently there is no other way to provide a trial. But it's always a good thing to know what you are buying.

Now, I know the "Lite" part in the name might sound a bit misleading, but it's only there to keep the name short and nice. Imagine something like "Top Stocks Evaluation Version"

So Top Stocks Lite's splash screen clearly states that this is indeed an evaluation version. It also says that "future updates will apply to the full version only". So differences between apps will become more apparent

BTW, I'd rather provide small incremental updates, but Palm's review process is going to be almost as thorough for updates as it was for initial version. So I'm forced to provide major updates that take more time to implement. New features will be added based on user feedback and support the app receives.
    Last edited by vitalyx; 10/22/2009 at 03:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyc53 View Post
    I just bought the paid version. Don't know why. What the heck is the difference? I still can't use a portfolio...

What did I just spend my money on? The only thing I notice is that 'Evaluation' isn't there, and the 'Lite' is removed from the title...
    I bought it because it was a lot better than the free on in the app catalog and I wanted to reward the developer for doing it.
    Can do what friends flow do and have beta versions released on precentral and only people who paid for the app able to use betas.
    Nice job on the colors showing recent trend. I think the mini chart is a great idea.

I use this app with NoDoze to keep my screen on so that I can just let it run without having to keep waking up the phone. A low priority request would be to try to incorporate the same functionality into your app.

I am heading off to the app catalog to get the paid version now. Thanks for a great app.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hi i just went to get the Top stocks app and only "lite" shows up???
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Not sure what's going on. Just emailed Palm. Will let you know as soon as I get a reply.
    UPDATE: looks like everything's OK. False alarm?
    Last edited by vitalyx; 10/23/2009 at 01:24 PM.
    Excellent App. – I trade daily and have used many smartphone apps for real time stock quotes. This one has one of the best presentations out there. I love the fact that it refreshes automatically and gives you options as to how often to do so, including not at all.

Here are a few possibilities (wish list) for future versions, but without any of these, the product is terrific.

1. Bid / Ask on the detailed quote window
    2. Bid Size / Ask Size on the detailed quote window
    3. Trade Size on the detailed quoted window
    4. Simple Moving Averages as overlays on the charts

Perhaps you could produce a Pro Version. You could charge a monthly fee for advanced features like:

1. Real Time STREAMING Quotes.
    2. Single or multiple Level II windows.
    3. Portfolios that allow you to track gains and losses. This would have to include commissions and other costs of buying and selling.

Great job, I look forward to future offerings.
    this has been a great app. I love it.

vitalyx, could you add ability to show futures quote? There are some data source from quote.com which can be refresh every 2 min (configurable) from their site.

Thanks
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    bruce99,

Thanks for the excellent feedback!

However, I doubt I can implement most of your suggestions without switching to another data source. But these advanced features would definitely be nice to have, so we'll see.

What I'm already working on is integration with Google Finance portfolios. They are pretty good feature wise, you can use them from any device with a browser and internet access, not just your phone, and all changes to portfolios will be automatically synchronized. Your data is securely stored in the cloud, so you don't have to worry about losing it or entering it again. And going with Google Finance portfolios means less work for me (no need to reimplement the wheel) and less time for you to wait

huytrang90, Thanks for the tip! I'll check.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Hmm... Can't fit the extra button in the view menu without making fonts painfully small:

Other than that the progress is going nicely:

I like painfully small fonts.

PS, better hurry up, there is a great new Stock App in the store

I want you to succeed this race though!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Sammyc53,

Thanks. If it's the app that was announced earlier, I know what to do

BTW, you can go ahead and setup your Google Finance portfolios if you don't have any. Once Top Stocks update is out, you'll get them on your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitalyx View Post
    Sammyc53,

Thanks. If it's the app that was announced earlier, I know what to do

BTW, you can go ahead and setup your Google Finance portfolios if you don't have any. Once Top Stocks update is out, you'll get them on your phone.
    Sweet Actually, I didn't like how the other app stored your portfolio positions on their own servers. I don't now who they are, and I don't trust them yet. I trust Google more. Well, many people don't - but I am just a needle in a haystack with all the portfolios they store.

Also:
    Anyway to view the full news article natively in the app? I don't like viewing them in the web app. Ads, fonts, size, load time... The Pocket Express App seems to do a good job at this...

Alerts (High/Low/Volume/Upgrades/Downgrades/etc) would be pretty beneficial too.

Good luck and thanks!

Sam
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    When will this update be out? I have currently have the Lite version, and I really like it but I am waiting to pull the trigger on one of these stock watching apps. I would love to know more about this update before I jump on to another ship. Thanks
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I'm going to finalize it and submit for review by the end of this week. There is no way for me to tell how long it will take Palm to review the update and publish it.
    By the end of next week I plan to add triggers and refine poftfolios based on user feedback.
    First I love this app, I used it when it was free, and this was the first app I paid for. Thank you!

I would like to be able to add SPY to the watch list. When I try it tells me SPY does not match any company symbol. XLF is another SPDR eft symbol and that symbol seems to OK. Any help would be appreciated.

Brian
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    bwilless,

Thanks!

Please try NYSE:SPY. That should do it. Sometimes using exchange name as a prefix is necessary to help resolve conflicts. I know, I should have added this to the help, sorry. Next version of Top Stock will have symbol lookup feature, so adding quotes to the watch list will be a breeze even in such cases. You would just type SPY and voilà:

Last edited by vitalyx; 10/30/2009 at 12:45 PM.
    Thanks, that works great.

Brian
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast