Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    App is working again. Thank you.
    Many thanks for a killer app...still setting up my portfolios on google. But all looks good.

HD version for Touchpad please...this seems to the only app in app catalog that supports UK and european stocks...way ahead of the competition and deserves a Touchpad facelift.

Plzzzzzzz

Thanks
    hi vitalyxx
    is it possible to make the portfolio to show local currency?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Sorry, guys. I haven't been visiting these forums for a while. It's a shame the webOS platform failed. Even though LOTS of developers want to make their mobile apps using web technologies, the level of support for this in latest versions of Android and iOS is still not at the level webOS offered 2.5 years ago! Unfortunately, I had to move on. If you are interested, you can check out my Android puzzle game called Pyro Shelf: Pyro Shelf for Android

@charles1128 I don't think so.
    @MDBr Thanks

- Vitaly
    Hi Vitaly

Any chance we could see Top Stocks for Android? I was a Pre fan since day one, but sadly had to move to Android. Top Stocks blows away every portfolio app available for Android and I probably miss your Top Stocks as much as WebOS.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Hi saddlere,

Thanks for your comments.

I was thinking about this and even spent considerable amount of time playing with different web technologies for Android and iOS phones, like jQuery mobile, Appcelerator Titanium, Phone Gap and Sencha Touch. Unfortunately, they are all a bleak shadow of what webOS offered - don't provide the level of stability and performance and don't integrate into the platform nearly as nicely. So that means porting is not possible at the moment and the only option to provide the desired user experience is by re-writing the app from scratch in Java, which I'm unwilling to do.

Developer preview of Sencha Touch 2 has been released last month. It looks quite promising, so I'm watching the progress. There are a lot developer excitement around it as well as community involvement, so I'm hoping this could become the technology I could use to bring Top Stocks to Android and iOS in the future.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Just bought this app and am somewhat unimpressed. I am in the UK and there is no feed info for the FTSE index and I am also dissapointed that there seems no way to add in the FTSE 100.

Anyone?

G
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    @GougeUK,

I'm sorry, I haven't really looked at the app for a long time. The feed URL has probably changed. The webOS is now basically dead and I can't justify spending time on the app which brings $50/month to the table. Too bad I cannot change app status from paid to free, HP does not allow this. When sales of webOS phones were great, Top Stocks sales were great. In fact, it was the most popular stock app for the platform and a winner of the Hot Apps competition. But a rising tide lifts all boats. With webOS it's vice versa. A dying platform takes down the apps written for it, along with developers' motivation.

However, THE GOOD NEWS IS:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-717826/
    Last edited by vitalyx; 04/21/2012 at 07:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Top Stocks is finally available for Android!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....vit.topstocks

I know you asked for this long time ago, guys, but only latest Android versions have good enough browser to bring Top Stocks experience to Android. The app has been optimized for tablets and currently only works on Android 4.0 ICS tablets.

Cheers,
    Vitaly
    So you released an update today?

What's new?

Does this signify a renewed commitment to keeping the webOS app current?

Any plans for an Enyo version (which I could see enabling you to simultaneously update across all platforms)?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    @bethel95 Whoops, sorry for my late reply. Just finally resubscribed to this thread.

This updated was kindly provided by one of the users (Julio Guijarro).

What's new:
    + Some outdated news feeds and ticker symbols for market indexes were updated.
    + Markets tab now also shows currency rates.
    + The app was optimized to work on hi-res screens of the Pre 3 and the Touchpad.
    + Possibly some other fixes.

My commitment ultimately depends on HP's. If we'll see new webOS devices showing up, I'm in.

Android and Blackberry versions of Top Stocks don't use Enyo and I currently don't plan on migrating.

A free Google Chrome extension is going to be available soon
    Any plans an android phone version? What about Google sync on the tablet version?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    Any plans an android phone version? What about Google sync on the tablet version?
    I was thinking about the Android phone version but haven't committed to do it yet. What's interesting is that performance on Android 2.x looks better than on Android 4.0.

Regarding Google Finance integration (if I understood you correctly), their API has been deprecated since last year and will be going away this October. So, unfortunately, it makes no sense adding it now, only to disappoint users by removing it a few months later.

That also means that Portfolios feature will stop working in the webOS version of the app sometime in October :\
    So please plan accordingly.

- Vitaly
    I was thinking about the Android phone version but haven't committed to do it yet. What's interesting is that performance on Android 2.x looks better than on Android 4.0.

Regarding Google Finance integration (if I understood you correctly), their API has been deprecated since last year and will be going away this October. So, unfortunately, it makes no sense adding it now, only to disappoint users by removing it a few months later.

That also means that Portfolios feature will stop working in the webOS version of the app sometime in October :\
    So please plan accordingly.

- Vitaly
    im sorry to hear that. Top Stocks is my go-to stocks app on webos and android tablet.

-- Sent from my 4G Touchpad using Communities
    really sad this stopped working :-( I have since moved on to the Surface. Any plans for a Windows 8 version?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    really sad this stopped working :-( I have since moved on to the Surface. Any plans for a Windows 8 version?
    Doesn't Windows 8 have a pretty good default app for stocks?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213