Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Tried but nothing changes...here's a short video of what's happening...
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thanks!

You are in Extended Hours mode, but the market is still open, so there are no quotes to show yet.

Thanks, that did it....I was wondering what the EHM was. I didn't know that EHM would affect the normal reporting.

Thanks again.

Greg
    While we're on the subject, I kind of feel like extended hours should be a preference rather than a toggle in the menu.

If extended hours is on, it should show the regular hours data during the day and then the extended hours info at night. If extended hours is off, it should just show the regular hours data.

Maybe that's just me though.
    what is the difference between this and "more stocks"

it looks very similar and i already purchased that app a month ago....just wondering if it's worth switching....

more stocks also has a streaming ticker in the notification area...fyi
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Yes, if you are interested in world markets, not just U.S. one.
    Another question for you...still love the app, BTW...just installed an update and now the Markets page says U.S. and Canada...but there's still no TSX shown on there. Is there a toggle I have to switch?

Thanks

Greg
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Hmm... It should look like this now:

You have to scroll down a little.
  9. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I just installed the update... and same thing... no TSE. The first 3 appear but not the 4th.

Awesome program by the way!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Sorry guys. Update will follow soon. Extra indices show up for new users but not for upgraders.
    EDIT: OK, update that fixes this has been submitted for review
    Last edited by vitalyx; 05/21/2010 at 02:33 AM.
    Anyone have a screen shot of the new stock ticket?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Here you go:

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If extended hours is on, it should show the regular hours data during the day and then the extended hours info at night. If extended hours is off, it should just show the regular hours data.
    What if extended hours info is displayed like this (left), when available, and like this (right) otherwise:

Last edited by vitalyx; 05/23/2010 at 10:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Top Stocks 2.1 is being reviewed now
    after installing the update, I am unable to change the update interval from 10 seconds. I change it in the preferences, then go back to the watchlist and find that it is still updating at 10 seconds. It doesn't change no matter what I change it to (1 min, 5 min, manual, etc). Is this a known glitch with the update? Is there a fix?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    @kkumar99

Yes, this is a known bug present in Top Stocks 2.0.0 and Top Stocks 2.0.1.
    Top Stocks 2.1 that has been submitted for review today fixes this. Should be only a day or two before it's out.

Top Stocks 2.1 also brings intelligent (auto show/hide) extended hours quotes in the watchlist and quotes in portfolios.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Top Stocks 2.1 is in the App Catalog now
    I noticed that Top Stocks does not update stock info in the dashboard unless you click on it (minimize the dashboard and then tap on it to maximize the dashboard). The More Stocks trial I have does update (although their most frequent setting is every 1 min). On the touchstone, for example, I see the stocks in the More Stocks dashboard updating, but I have to unlock the Pre, tap on the Top Stocks dashboard and get it to update manually like that.

Any plans for an update so that the stocks will update in the dashboard view w/o having to "stimulate" it like I'm describing? Also, any plans for additional graphing features like the More Stocks app has? Love your app, by the way!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    No problem, I will make it update quotes in the dashboard automatically. Just didn't think about this use case when designing the ticker. Thanks for pointing it out!

Advanced charts will come some time later.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    All paid apps are now half the price, including Top Stocks! An incredible value, compared both to the full price and the Lite version. If you are currently using the free Lite version, here is what you'll get for just 2 bucks:

Features added to Top Stocks since version 1.0.1:

In v1.5.1:

* symbol lookup
    * integration with Google Finance portfolios
    * dividend and yield data added
    * mini charts for the current trading day for market indices and watchlist items
    * green and red marks are now used to show the most recent trend of the stock

In v1.6.1:

* many watchlist sorting options
    * day's gain for portfolios and positions
    * improved navigation in both landscape and portrait modes

In v1.7:

* ability to set alerts for securities and market indices
    * option to send all portfolio's positions to the watchlist
    * option to clear the watchlist
    * option to show extended hours prices/change in the watchlist
    * more newsfeeds added
    * symbol lookup improvements (now searches in the watchlist as well as online)

In v1.8:

* Preview stock quotes/charts/news before adding symbols to your watchlist
    * Portfolios, Positions and Transactions screens all have "Show in Google Finance" menu item now

In v1.8.2:

* Local news for Canada, UK and France

In v2.0:

* Stock ticker
    * Toronto Stock Exchange, Australian Securities Exchange, Bombay Stock Exchange and UK FTSE All Share indices
    * Configurable alert sound

In v2.1:

* New intelligent behaviour of extended hours quotes in the watchlist
    * Stock quotes in portfolios

This offering from Palm is valid till July 9, so you have plenty of time to... think this through? But if you are into stocks, than this is a no-brainer!
    Last edited by vitalyx; 06/18/2010 at 04:24 AM.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast