Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    OMG, yesterday was the launch day. Sorry, I was very busy and totally forgot to update the metadata. Just did now. The app should appear in the catalog soon
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Now published in Canada, France, UK, Ireland and Mexico
    Have you taken a look at some of your competition, lately? Obviously a direct ripoff wouldn't be good for anyone involved, but some of them do some awesome stuff with notifications that would be nice in this.

Edit: I should add that I really like this app and have no intentions of switching to any of the others, but would love some notification support at a future date, especially if it's as nice as a certain other one appears to handle it.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 04/02/2010 at 01:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thanks, ticker style notification in the dashboard is something I was thinking about. It will display either all the stocks in your watch list or only those with alerts attached.
    I think the alerts would work better as notifications rather than an alarm.

Also a bug, some UK stocks are priced in pence i.e. it would show in google as 117 but are indeed worth 1.17 (google calculates it right). On your app the price of the stock is taken as 117 which gives the wrong value for cost/market in portfolios. Also a GBP/ sign instead of a $ would be nice for UK stocks.

The total portfolio value & change is correct regardless if the stock is us/eu/uk. The problem is just with the single stocks in the portfolio.

Would love to see 'add transaction' functionality that could sync with google finance at the same time. is that possible?

Would be great to see full screen graphs/technical indicators.

Portfolio related news (like on the google finance website) would be useful too!

In the single stock 'view' I think it is more intuitive to swipe for the next stock in the watch list rather than press the button at the bottom...

Nice work so far!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thanks for your feedback!

I will definitely look into the possibility of displaying values in local currency. "Add transaction" feature was initially worked on, but proved to be unreliable. I can try again though. Will look into displaying portfolio related news too.

I agree that swiping could be more intuitive... however, summary page contains a lot of different elements, including the news list, where swiping is supposed to remove items.
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    Basic question, is the fee for this application of $3.99 a monthly fee or a one time fee? Also, does the paid version update every 10 seconds?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    It's a one time fee. Paid version updates quotes as frequently as every 10 seconds in auto update mode. You can also update quotes manually as frequently as every 5 seconds. Updating manually between automatic updates is also possible.
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    I found this app to be the exact same cost and it has a nice scrolling feature under the Palm application that is open. What are the advantages of yours. Also, Morestocks uses TD Ameritrade for the data for pricing. Any differance between them and Google.

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Faster updates, support for international exchanges, easier and quicker navigation. Top Stocks gives real time quotes for NYSE and NASDAQ traded stocks, for international exchanges quotes are delayed 15-20 min. Top Stocks also has a French version and shows local news in Canada and France. Ticker will be added in the next update.
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    well due to your prompt responses I just bought it. Only thing I would like to see is the ability to have option qoutes.
    I was able to add exchanged traded funds to my watchlist but when I tried to enter a closed-end fund I got an error message "quote not found". What's the deal? That's very odd if the program can't pick these up!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    What quote is it? Sometimes a symbol may not be recognized by the program. In that case you usually need to specify what exchange it is, e.g. NYSE:BAC
    But it is often easier to just use symbol lookup by typing in the watchlist (without bringing up the Add Symbol dialog) and choosing from the list of search results that are being presented to you as you type. Please let me know if that worked for you.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Can you please confirm if I will be able to drill down into my Google portfolio to see the daily price action, after buying the full version? I know your main portfolio shows just the value of the particular stocks in the portfolio, but I'd also like to see the actual realtime price. Does it work just like your Watch Lists?

I kind of wish your Lite version was really a timed version or something of the full-blown app.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Sure, each stock you have in your portfolio has the Summary button that actually adds that stock to your watchlist if it's not already there and shows stock's details:

You can also add all the stocks in your portfolio to the watchlist by selecting Send to Watchlist from the main menu:

I really like your application. Is there a way to add Options to the watchlist or lookup an Option price?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thanks.
    Sorry, options and bonds are not supported at this time.
    But you can suggest such a feature. Please see my older post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2211841
    I would like to see Options prices added thanks
    Hey...what gives? Watchlist page suddenly stopped updating. If I click on each individual stock, the info is there but nothing on the Watchlist page. Everything has worked perfectly until now. Great Program...just help me with the glitch.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Please try switching to another tab (say Markets) and back or relaunching the app and see if that helps. BTW, could you take a picture of the screen?