Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Howdy all - I've been working on WebOSJournal, a LiveJournal client. It still needs a bit of work, but right now you can view your friends list (with comments) on your Pre. I have some features planned, but I'd love for people to try it out and get some feedback.

I plan to release it for free as open source when it's ready. Anyone interested?
    My apps: FlightPredictor, LJ for WebOS (LiveJournal client), We the People, Private Browser, GAuth (Google two-factor authenticator), BoardGameGeek, PasswordHash
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I'd try it out.
  3.    #3  
    To be more specific - I'll send you a PM with instructions on how to try it out if you're interested.
    My apps: FlightPredictor, LJ for WebOS (LiveJournal client), We the People, Private Browser, GAuth (Google two-factor authenticator), BoardGameGeek, PasswordHash
    I would be so for that. I may actually be able to post something without my email killing it.
  5.    #5  
    Unfortunately I haven't added the posting part yet (just the viewing of friends posts), but it's definitely on the list!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I'd certainly be interested in trying it out.
  7.    #7  
    The app is currently freezing, so I'll work on fixing that and send y'all a PM when I have a new version to try. Thanks all!
    Good news, Greg--It logged me in! Success!

I actually got to view my flist. So far, so good. I like how simple it is.

[Just need the posting ;D ]
    I would be intrested in trying a live journal app for the pre.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I'll give it a go...maybe it'll get me to start using LJ again.
    Could I try it out too?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    I'd love to give it a try!
  13.    #13  
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to y'all, but I've just posted a new version and I would love if y'all could give it a try! It should be fairly usable. Url is

gregstoll.dyndns.org/webosjournal/webosjournal.ipk

and the website for it is WebOSJournal - a LiveJournal client for WebOS.

Let me know what you think and if you have any problems!
  14.    #14  
    Just to be clear, I'll put it up in the PreCentral homebrew section in a week or two if no one reports any serious problems.
    Greg, my wife is using it now.
    Are we missing something, or have you not added the ability to comment on existing posts?

She also tried making a new post, but we are not seeing that sent to the main site.
  16.    #16  
    Indeed, you can't comment on existing posts right now, but it's something I'm planning on doing.

Hmm, making a new post should work - is it showing up in the list of posts on the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by gregstoll View Post
    Indeed, you can't comment on existing posts right now, but it's something I'm planning on doing.

Hmm, making a new post should work - is it showing up in the list of posts on the Pre?
    We found what were were doing wrong.
    We typed something into the subject line, but we could not see the cursor in the main body.

So we just hit the paper airplane. Seems that with a subject only, it wont post.

Is there something that can be done to make the cursor more visible in the main body? Maybe making the border indentation thicker? Right now it is right against the edge of the screen
  18.    #18  
    Yeah - I just uploaded a new version that has a thicker border around the post content, so it should be much more obvious. Thanks for the feedback!
    Will install, tonight.
    Do I need to uninstall the old version?
    If yes, I imagine "orange + click + delete" would work?
    Quote Originally Posted by gregstoll View Post
    Yeah - I just uploaded a new version that has a thicker border around the post content, so it should be much more obvious. Thanks for the feedback!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Nifty. Just loaded it.

This is a subjective thing, but How about putting the LJ pic -before- the lj username? Then the pics all look aligned instead of all staggered as they do now because of the differences in lengths in the LJ user names (at least the ones in my friends list)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast