Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Are you a turn off the alarm and then over sleep kinda person? Need something to make sure you’re awake? Then check out Wake-N-Play!

With Wake-N-Play the alarm won’t go off until you’ve finished answering the five random questions....if you doze off, the alarm sounds again after 45 second. By the time you've answered all the questions your brain will be awake!

Wake N Play was first developed for the iPhone, but I feel it is best suited for the Pre!(Thanks multi-tasking!) This version has new features that the current iPhone version -a version I consider dead.

-Over 100 trivia questions ranging from a wide variety of topics.

-Desk Top Clock

-Multiple Alarm Sounds

-Multiple Alarms (customize each alarm name)

Feel free to just play the trivia game and not even use the alarm!

*This app will be available in the official palm Catalog soon, so get it now! This is basically the final version, but please let me know if there is any issues -I've been testing it in the real world, but I'm sure I can't find all the bugs!

Also, please donate, as you will basically have the version that will be the pay version on the store! I will post an updated, final version here when it is time.

Donate HERE!

10-18-09
    UPDATES!
    -Removed the bottom icons to help prevent Answer button and icons from overlapping. Now all menu functionality (besides the main page) is on the top left drop down menu. Can't add the left swipe (back) action. I would have to totally re-write some stuff to do this.

-Removed the "App running" screen -Still working on the Alarm Sound issues

-Still working on the Q&A cycle of death! Meaning, the app still gets locked in a Q&A/Alarm cycle and won't stop. I know this is a major issue!

-Added a count down timer to the Question screen so users will know how much time they have to answer ALL 5 questions. Will be upping the time to 60 Seconds.

-Still working on why it is not accepting/reading the mp3 files I added to the application.
    Last edited by kedohmen; 10/19/2009 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Adding known issues
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    sounds awesome, hope it wakes my lazy **** up n the morning. Looking forward to trying/buying t when it comes out!
    Sounds like just what I need -- but I wouldn't be able to read the small screen without my glasses. By the time I fumble around looking for glasses, I'm awake
  4.    #4  
    Either way, mission accomplished!
    Couldnt you just swipe the card away to make it stop? Is there a way to stop someone from doing this? (sorry if it's already implemented, havent downloaded it to try yet)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    Couldnt you just swipe the card away to make it stop? Is there a way to stop someone from doing this? (sorry if it's already implemented, havent downloaded it to try yet)
    Nope. Even if you set the alarm and throw the card away, it'll still go off. If the alarm is going off and you throw the card away, the alarm starts again after 45 seconds.
    I have been playing with this for the past 20 min and I have noticed when I answer wrong sometimes it will tell me I'm wrong and let me reanswer and other times it will kick me back to the clock. I never got more than 1/5 right. When I go to answer the second question no matter if it was right or wrong it would kick me back to the clock.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bored***re View Post
    I have been playing with this for the past 20 min and I have noticed when I answer wrong sometimes it will tell me I'm wrong and let me reanswer and other times it will kick me back to the clock. I never got more than 1/5 right. When I go to answer the second question no matter if it was right or wrong it would kick me back to the clock.
    Yes, that is another issue I've been working on. I've only seen it happen once or twice, so I thought it was just a random flaw. Thanks, I will look further into it.
    I'm going to play with it some more along with reiinstalling it to see if it continues.
    I also have a couple suggestions. One is that you can set your own alarm sound and if there is a way to change the 4:12 clock icon to make it an active icon that actually tells the time.

As far as the questions not being accepted, reinstalling the app didn't fix it. Even if I deleted the alarm, it doesn't shut the alarm off.

Had to delete the app just to get it to shut off
    Last edited by boredwopre; 10/11/2009 at 02:36 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bored***re View Post
    I also have a couple suggestions. One is that you can set your own alarm sound and if there is a way to change the 4:12 clock icon to make it an active icon that actually tells the time.

As far as the questions not being accepted, reinstalling the app didn't fix it. Even if I deleted the alarm, it doesn't shut the alarm off.

Had to delete the app just to get it to shut off
    we're working on users being able to change the alam sound -notice the settings screen has different sounds listed, but they're not working at this point. I don't think we can make a clickable icon animated.
    hopefully the finished version will be ready to upload to here in a week.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    This app is going to be perfect once the bugs are worked out! I guess it wouldn't be possible to integrate this with the alarms in the Clock App?
    Awesome! I've been waiting for something like this. One of the apps I really miss coming from Windows Mobile is G-Alarm. This is a great substitute.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Throughout the app I keep seeing these screens stating "if you are seeing this it is..." blah blah blah. Seems to be some kind of stock SDK / hello world type thing.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by p4trickh View Post
    Throughout the app I keep seeing these screens stating "if you are seeing this it is..." blah blah blah. Seems to be some kind of stock SDK / hello world type thing.
    yeah it is a stock thing, I'll remove it on the final
    Quote Originally Posted by kedohmen View Post
    yeah it is a stock thing, I'll remove it on the final
    I noticed you mentioned not knowing why this happens when I downloaded it thru Preware and thought I would tell you what it is, incase you don't already know.

You need to modify index.html in your app directory and remove that text from it. Simple as that. Palm just has to include that for whatever reason..
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    the "this verifies your app is running" is located in the .html files.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    LOVE the app and it's a pretty amazing new concept. Here is an idea I would like to see implemented.

The ability to enter your own questions. As a college student, I think it would be amazing to be awaken every morning with questions pertaining to the 'big' exam at the end of the week. A good was to study and get myself awake for my classes.

If you pull this off, I would gladly slap a hefty donation your way as well as an app store purchase when it's available.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by tehskazz View Post
    LOVE the app and it's a pretty amazing new concept. Here is an idea I would like to see implemented.

The ability to enter your own questions. As a college student, I think it would be amazing to be awaken every morning with questions pertaining to the 'big' exam at the end of the week. A good was to study and get myself awake for my classes.

If you pull this off, I would gladly slap a hefty donation your way as well as an app store purchase when it's available.
    It is an idea I've been thinking about. If this version is successful on the Catalog then I will definitely add that feature.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Awesome. I think it may even help as a feature and selling point to a lot of college bound people such as myself. Every little study helper is welcome especially if it's a requirement to get the darn alarm off :P
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast