Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59
  1. #41  
    Had to remove this thing. It was just annoying to me.
    Maybe I missed something, but you should be able to go and set the amount of time you have to answer the questions. 40 seconds for 5 is a bit too little time. The sound is annoying, the laggyness is annoying, overall just annoying. Could be that it's still morning time and I'm cranky. Either way, after about 5 tries I said screw it, rebooted and uninstalled this thing since it kept popping up when I was trying to uninstall it. Like it knew it was going away and was kicking and screaming.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by jan3361 View Post
    Had to remove this thing. It was just annoying to me.
    Maybe I missed something, but you should be able to go and set the amount of time you have to answer the questions. 40 seconds for 5 is a bit too little time. The sound is annoying, the laggyness is annoying, overall just annoying. Could be that it's still morning time and I'm cranky. Either way, after about 5 tries I said screw it, rebooted and uninstalled this thing since it kept popping up when I was trying to uninstall it. Like it knew it was going away and was kicking and screaming.
    I agree with every point of your critique.

    Even knowing the 4 out of 5 answers and being fully awake, it was impossible for me to click through the various areas quickly enough to dismiss the alarm without it starting over. It took me 5 or 6 tries to finally get thought it, that only after I knew 5 of 5 on the first try.

    Mostly this was because 40 seconds isn't enough time to get even a single answer wrong, especially as the app frequently ignores clicks and then forces users to waste time clicking "OK" after every answer.

    Here are a few core items I feel should be addressed before this app is put forward in the official app store.

    The "OK" requester needs to go away entirely. It's redundant and simply slows down the process with no benefit to the user.

    The font of the questions needs to be larger (or customizable). Reading something that small when one first wakes up can be a real challenge.

    Clicking the proper check box is tedious and overly difficult. This could be made far more easy if users were permitted to click anywhere in the correct answer area. The entire line of text of the correct answer could be a live click area. Were that the case, a check box wouldn't even be necessary, the app could simply highlight all the text of the selected answer.

    Clicking the various buttons often doesn't register on the first attempt. When the user knows they are working against a countdown timer, this becomes an overwhelming and completely unnecessary aggravation. (well, unless the idea of the app is to aggravate users into wakefulness)

    The app should use the WebOS convention of back-swipe to navigate through the application. Currently, the app uses a non-standard method of accessing everything through the preferences menu, the back swipe is not even registered.

    Those critiques aside, I very much like the idea of this app. With those issues fixed, I think it would be a very worthwhile program.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post
    I agree with every point of your critique.
    The "OK" requester needs to go away entirely. It's redundant and simply slows down the process with no benefit to the user.

    The font of the questions needs to be larger (or customizable). Reading something that small when one first wakes up can be a real challenge.

    The app should use the WebOS convention of back-swipe to navigate through the application. Currently, the app uses a non-standard method of accessing everything through the preferences menu, the back swipe is not even registered.

    Those critiques aside, I very much like the idea of this app. With those issues fixed, I think it would be a very worthwhile program.
    - Speed is an issue, however, the object is to wake the person up, not get through it as fast as one can. So the "ok" button is there for that reason. Also, to address the not enough time, I have upped the timer to 60 seconds.

    -The questions font can't really get any bigger unless you'd want to have to scroll to read/answer. Or just have simple 4 word sentence questions.

    -I can't use the back swipe feature -not in this version at least. It would take too much time to re-write the whole program to do so.
  4.    #44  
    ***NEWEST and latest version should be up in a bit.
    Hopefully this is it.
    I would delete the current version before installing. I'm keeping the 1.0.0 as the release numbers
  5. #45  
    Hey, I think this is a really great idea - hopefully you'll get the quirks sorted out!
    One major critique after playing with it for a moment, is: It's very "un-palmy" - the back-swipe doesn't take you back, the touch-targets are quite small...
    This way, it's a hassle to use, imho, and it'll stand in the way of getting it into the app store for sure!
  6.    #46  
    Thanks for the criticism, but the Twee twitter client doesn't offer back swipe either
    And yeah the answers are a little small.
  7. #47  
    I've notice that the classic(alarm tone) ring goes off even if I hit stop. Stop should stop the noise, so not to wake the wife

    Another thing I notice is that if I simply ignore the ring of classic(tone) than in the 3 to 5 seconds that it goes off the sound does not repeat and thus meaning I don't get up. Of course I set another alarm.

    In reference to the back gesture, I think it is gonna be required by palm to make it in the official catalog. I've noticed that they are trying to make there apps have some common functions, ie copy and paste, back gesture, etc, besides it would be user friendly.

    Thanks for the hard work, hope to see it soon in the catalog.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by kedohmen View Post
    Thanks for the criticism, but the Twee twitter client doesn't offer back swipe either
    When did 2 wrongs make a right?
  9.    #49  
    Well, a version with the overlapping alarm sound/alarm sound to repeat if the user hasb't clicked to turn off the alarm has been fixed and sent off to Palm. Fingers crossed.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by kedohmen View Post
    Well, a version with the overlapping alarm sound/alarm sound to repeat if the user hasb't clicked to turn off the alarm has been fixed and sent off to Palm. Fingers crossed.
    What about back gesture?
  11.    #51  
    As I said before a few times. I can't throw the gestures on there right now. I would have to basically start it over from scratch.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by kedohmen View Post
    As I said before a few times. I can't throw the gestures on there right now. I would have to basically start it over from scratch.
    Understood, but I wouldn't be surprise if Palm requires it for the catalog. I don't know that will be interesting. I like the apps to have some commonality.
  13.    #53  
    Yeah I understand that. But if they a allowing some on there already, it wouldn't seem right/fair to say no to my app simply for the gestures.
    But if they do have issue with it I guess I only have two options, don't do it and have my time be wasted or fix it and have to wait longer.
    I really just wanted to get it up before the holiday season and the launch of Pixi, but we'll see.
    Anyone have any idea how long it takes to hear back from them? I emailed them about a week ago and haven't even received a "we're reviewing", "we're busy, be patient" or anything.
  14. #54  
    Thank goodness I tested it before using it to wake up. I would have been pretty pi$$ed off. I'm sure you're aware that it's impossible to answer 5 questions before the alarm goes off... needless to say I had to uninstall it to get it to stop. Clever the way it switches to a nuclear bomb warning-like alarm once you've thrown it away/failed a few times...

    Maybe I'll try again sometime after the issues are fixed.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by godboldm View Post
    Clever the way it switches to a nuclear bomb warning-like alarm once you've thrown it away/failed a few times...
    Huh?
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by godboldm View Post
    Thank goodness I tested it before using it to wake up. I would have been pretty pi$$ed off. I'm sure you're aware that it's impossible to answer 5 questions before the alarm goes off... needless to say I had to uninstall it to get it to stop. Clever the way it switches to a nuclear bomb warning-like alarm once you've thrown it away/failed a few times...

    Maybe I'll try again sometime after the issues are fixed.
    Was just browsing through my subscribed threads, and saw this one. Good to see that somebody else had a similar experience as me.

    Probably the most annoying and buggy app I've seen to date.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by jan3361 View Post
    Was just browsing through my subscribed threads, and saw this one. Good to see that somebody else had a similar experience as me.

    Probably the most annoying and buggy app I've seen to date.
    Have you tried the update since your last post on the 19th of October?
  18.    #58  
    Wake N Play is now available on the app catalog, show your support and buy the official 1.0 release!
    Wake N Play
    Update will be coming in a few weeks!
    Thanks
  19. sko
    sko is offline
    sko's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #59  
    Great idea!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions