Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I love the idea and definitely will buy this app. Right now though ... I'm hating it.

I couldn't get it to shut off for 15 minutes. My girlfriend was yelling at me, I was wide a** awake and half the time when I would answer I would inadvertently click on of the icons overlapping the answer button. Then, all I could do was wait until the alarm went off to try and answer again.

3 suggestions:
    1 remove the overlap of the icons and the answer button. Probably due notifications bar taking screen area on the bottom of the screen.
    2 remove the icons from the question answering screen when trying to "defeat" the alarm. Alternatively, allow the user to navigate back to the questions (and still contribute to the 5 q's) if they accidentally click one of the icons.
    3 adopt the pre standard back gesture to navigate back to the menu and home screens.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the finished product.
    Last edited by Deltfather; 10/12/2009 at 08:01 AM. Reason: posted from pre ... too many typos
  2.    #22  
    I agree, incorporating the gestures would mean no need for the bottom icons. I'll work on it.
    Please, Please, keep working on this app to fix the bugs! I downloaded it last night and had to delete it this morning because I could only get up to three correct answers before the 45 seconds were up and was forced to start over. Mostly, the menu keyes covering the answer button was my greatest hinderance.

I absolutely love this app and have needed this all of my life. I have narcolepsy and waking up is the most difficult task of my day! More math or puzzle questions would awesome! The trivia is cool to learn but as far as trying to make my brain embrace awakeness, puzzles and such would be more effective. Waking up a narcoleptic just might be your app's greatest test!

I will reinstall the app and wait anxiously for the updates!

Thanks,

Faith
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    It definitely needs to be refined, but this app is something I sorely need and would gladly pay for if it had some increased functionality.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by sookibong View Post
    It definitely needs to be refined, but this app is something I sorely need and would gladly pay for if it had some increased functionality.
    What other functionality would you like to see?
    Quote Originally Posted by kedohmen View Post
    we're working on users being able to change the alam sound -notice the settings screen has different sounds listed, but they're not working at this point. I don't think we can make a clickable icon animated.
    hopefully the finished version will be ready to upload to here in a week.
    First, I have not made any attempts to develop any apps so I can't offer the slightest bit of help but... look at the standard calendar icon included from Palm. It shows the current date. Maybe look at how they did it?

Second, I agree with the peanut gallery, having the 'answer' button overlap the menu icons makes it extremely difficult to use. Why not just change the answers to 3 or 4 seperate buttons, then the 'answer' button wouldn't even be necessary.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    love this app but I have same problem stated by mandystreasures above- questions font is too small for me to read without glasses. very effective at waking me either way though!
  8.    #28  
    just a quick update, a lot of the issues being mentioned are being worked out and I hope to have it uploaded by this weekend!

That's awesome - looking forward to seeing it!
    Just chiming in to say this is the alarm clock app I've always needed. Am a little concerned about the functionality bugs mentioned thus far, but I've downloaded the app and will be waiting for the fixes -- if this thing works as advertised I'll be chipping in. It's sorely needed on my bedside table.

Thanks for your continued effort!
    I can't get this app to work. I'll keep trying.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by faderrific View Post
    I can't get this app to work. I'll keep trying.
    What isn't working?
    Great app, one that makes sense paying for.
    A couple things, it took me about 10 minutes before I could finally get 5 right in a row. I would get to 3 and I guess the 45 seconds is up and I would have to start over. Got alittle frustrating, but I did get up. There is no need for the alarm to go off after 45 seconds if I am obviously trying, or even start over for that matter.

I am all for the user being able to enter questions. If I could review my school questions every morning, that would be awesome. This would make the app much more important to me.

More options to choose the questions. I don't know very much history and would love to have the option to exclude these questions.

Another thing to think about adding to the preferences is the users ability to change the time, and amount of questions to get right to shut off alarm. Thus just giving it more of a personal touch per user.

You might even think about an actually snooze for some of us that like a snooze, but every time the user uses the snooze the time gets shorter and shorter. And maybe even "I am awake" button, so if you can get 5 right you can at least shut it off.

Thanks
  14.    #34  
    @speedygodzilla
    The 45 second time is a bit of an issue I am finding, I believe upping it to 60seconds will help out a lot -I don't have an issue w/ the 45sec cuz I made up the questions so I know the answers w/o reading the questions -LOL. Also, in the version I will put up next week, I added a count down to the Q&A screen so people will know they've gotta hurry.
    Adding your own questions, is an idea that I've wanted to do for a while and will probably make a different version of the app just for that -prob, 200 Questions and the ability to add up to 50 of your own and be able to delete your questions when you're done with that lesson in school. I'm going to make it a different app b/c it'll probably have to be more expensive due to programing time and all that -but I'm sure I'll add in a few other bells and whistles to make it worth it!
    As for snooze, I didn't add it b/c I figured it defeats the purpose of "I have to get up at this time -Period", you know?

Thanks for the feedback!
    An app that could just be user questions would be great. I think 50 is kind of limiting. I would rather have the app just with the 250 questions I've made. Is there a reason why the number of questions is max at 250?

The snooze thing might be something you could add to preferences. Thus making the app more able to be personalized.

What about being able to selecting what categories for random questions. This would require the questions to catergorized.
  16.    #36  
    The 250 questions thing, was just an arbitrary number.
    But I do want to keep the app as light as possible considering the limited space on the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by kedohmen View Post
    The 250 questions thing, was just an arbitrary number.
    But I do want to keep the app as light as possible considering the limited space on the Pre
    Ahh that makes sense.
    Found out this evening that the alarm clock does not alert you with sound if the phone is set to silence. Any way you can bypass this just like the clock app that come with the phone?

I resorted back to pressing the snooze button only this evening.
  19.    #39  
    @speedygodzilla -The alarm sound went off a few times while my phone was switched to silent.

And to all: The new version is still buggy. I'm working on it. Hopefully the major issue of the alarm repeating will be taken care of and uploaded by midweek.
    Thanks for your understanding.
  20.    #40  
    @speedygodzilla -The alarm sound went off a few times while my phone was switched to silent.

And to all: The new version is still buggy. I'm working on it. Hopefully the major issue of the alarm repeating will be taken care of and uploaded by midweek.
    Thanks for your understanding.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast