Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    GiftJammer is a gift/wish list tracking application. Create gift lists for yourself and/or for others and add as many items to each list as you want. After your gift list is complete, email the list to yourself or others. Keep prying eyes away from your list by setting a password in the Preferences menu. With a password enabled, you can shake the device to lock the app from any screen. From the edit item details screen, tap and hold on the link field to launch the browser with the link as the URL. Keep track of items purchased and see a running total of items purchased and not yet purchased.

Available in the official Palm app catalog!
    Last edited by moserjj; 10/21/2009 at 04:55 PM. Reason: edited description
    Great idea!

much better than me having to store them in notes =)

One thing that would be awesome is to be able to set reminders/notifications or link with the calendar somehow

Thank you!
    I did notice a bug when emailing the list. It adds an extra $ in the price. For example:

Item: Test
    Price: $$5
    Color: Red
    Store: Best Buy
    Link: Best Buy
    Purchased: No
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I was wanting this app this weekend. I was birthday shopping for my kids and was also finding things for Christmas ideas. The thing that would make this the kicker for me is if it was somehow cloud based so I could share it with my wife. If she updated the list I would get the update and visa versa. I would be willing to help program the cloud piece. I do a lot of web service programming. Is this going to be a free app or paid app?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    good find, I'll fix it

Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I did notice a bug when emailing the list. It adds an extra $ in the price. For example:

Item: Test
    Price: $$5
    Color: Red
    Store: Best Buy
    Link: [url= Buy[/url]
    Purchased: No
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    I like the cloud idea for sharing lists like that. Probably need to identify which of the lists too share. I was planning on it for backup purposes but this adds some more usefulness to it

will be a paid app through palm app cat. Couple bucks probably.

Quote Originally Posted by alansned View Post
    I was wanting this app this weekend. I was birthday shopping for my kids and was also finding things for Christmas ideas. The thing that would make this the kicker for me is if it was somehow cloud based so I could share it with my wife. If she updated the list I would get the update and visa versa. I would be willing to help program the cloud piece. I do a lot of web service programming. Is this going to be a free app or paid app?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Looks like a great app, will play with it more over the coming days.
    I think you should tie it to the Envail Wishlist.

But I'm biased.

/Kevin

P.S. Check out PHP Gift Registry if you're looking for something to use as a web presence/backend. It's open source, so I'm sure you could tie it to that. (And then I could use it with my Envail Wishlist. )
    Thank You for this app! It works perfectly for me. My wife called me from work asking me what I was doing, I told her I was making a xmas list for all the kids in our family and I got a "wow I'm soo proud of you baby!" So thank you for helping me score some major points :-)
    Can you please tell me the difference in the homebrew version 4.0 and the app catalog version 9.0.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Awesome app! I had the homebrew version & then bought the paid version yesterday. It will help me out with my shopping for my husband. He is soo difficult to shop for, I can now keep a yearlong running list.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Can you please tell me the difference in the homebrew version 4.0 and the app catalog version 9.0.
    the app catalog version contains some bug fixes, optimized code to cleanup some memory and other behind the scenes improvements. Most importantly, the homebrew version will expire on November 26th, 2009 (Thanksgiving day) so please upgrade and copy your data before that date. After that date, you won't be able to continue using the homebrew version of GiftJammer.

An update to GiftJammer will be released soon (through the app catalog only) including list reminders (with dashboard notifications) and text notifications upon marking items purchased (a preference, can be enabled/disabled at will). Update will be provided free of charge for anyone who purchases now or has already purchased.
    I need some help. I need to transfer my lists to the pay version. I had been using the homebrew app (0.4.0) until it starting hanging on a white screen at launch with the error "please update giftjammer!" at the bottom of the screen. I bought the pay version but it does not load my lists. I am unable to launch 0.4.0 to get to my lists. Please help!
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    try launching the homebrew version 0.4 again - it should not have expired. you can email yourself the list items to help transfer your info
    0.4 still does not load. It has been this way for 3 or 4 days. How can I get to my lists to email them if I cannot load 0.4?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prepostpre View Post
    0.4 still does not load. It has been this way for 3 or 4 days. How can I get to my lists to email them if I cannot load 0.4?
    My fault again - try loading the 0.4 HB version again (made some changes on our end). It's not supposed to expire until 11/27/09
    Mine is hanging too. Blank screen with the error message at the bottom.
    Still having same issue.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prepostpre View Post
    Still having same issue.
    The homebrew version of 0.4.0 works until 11/27/09 - at least it's supposed to (and does for me)
    This does not appear to be related to the expiration date. I set my system date back to mid October then rebooted and loaded 0.4.0 with the same error. I would either like a fix for this or a way to transfer my lists from 0.4.0. I would not have paid for this app if I knew I was unable to transfer my lists.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast