Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Touch Board

Turn your phone into a mouse and keyboard for your computer!

Have a Home Theater PC? Having a extra keyboard and mouse attached to it can be cumbersome and annoying.

With Touch Board you can use your phone as a keyboard / mouse!

The touch screen on the WebOS Device becomes a touch pad for input to your Windows PC.

Works exactly as you would expect, move your finger around the screen to move the mouse, tap the screen to click. Double tap to double click.

The buttons at the bottom of the screen control left and right mouse clicks.

The phone keyboard will send keystrokes.

Requires the use of the Remote Server application, and currently is available only for Windows PC's

A Mac / Linux version is under development.

----------------------------------------

Currently in a limited beta version

If you currently have Remote Win Installed it is the same server application, so you do not need to have 2 running copies.

Currently the application is in a free Beta version with a paid final version coming soon.

http://www.deepthoughtsoftware.com/TouchBoard
    I look forward to seeing this one progress. I can see many uses for this type of app.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ll-sort-2.htmlYAY! I can close the other thread.
    Where do I send the beer?
    Where is the Pre app? I cant seem to find it.
  5.    #5  
    Doesn't seem to have been posted yet. I submitted it to the homebrew catalog. Probably show up soon.
    Great! I'm looking forward to trying this out, for exactly the use you describe, I have a remote for my HTPC, but I always wished I could have a wireless mouse and keyboard that wasn't huge and in the way.
    Um, but how do you get this Remote Server set up to use?
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I would love to see a similar app that just uses Bluetooth and acts as a mouse-- this would be a great presentation remote that is always around when I need it!
    I've wondered if it would be possible to use the camera in much the same way that optical mice operate. They essentially photograph the surface they're on, compare to a previous photo, and figure out from the differences the direction moved. Of course, doing that on a Pre would be a lot of work for what amounts to a stupid tech trick.

Of course, there's always the GPS mouse idea... just use GPS to determine if the Pre has moved, and where, and transmit the changes via Bluetooth. It can't fail!!!.
    how do you setup the remote server?
    I installed and am running Remote Server, I forwarded the correct port to the computer I am trying to control. But I'm getting invalid password when I try to Login. Any suggestions?

Never mind, I got it. I couldn't figure out how to get the the remote server settings page at first. Now I figure it out. Everything is working.
    Last edited by userengel; 10/09/2009 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by slim210 View Post
    how do you setup the remote server?
    I was confused as well ... apparently it's a Windows server application distributed by this same developer for their RemoteWin app. There's a RemoteWin-Lite app in the Homebrew catalog, or you can follow the developers homepage link to get more details.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I have RemoteWin running already with the Remote Server setup at home.

Installed Touch Board and put in the exact same server info, port and password that I have in RemoteWin.

But Touch Board keeps telling me the password is invalid.

I even went into the RemoteWin config and retyped the password, it works there but not in Touch Board.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I see the version number on the Remote Server changed, so that's probably my issue
    Ubuntu version please!

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    i think this app would be perfect if instead of using a remote server, just connect using bluetooth. for instance, when you connect the pre to a computer, the pre shows up as a bluetooth mouse. I don't know how much trouble it would be, but just an idea.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Got it to work. It's very alpha. Very choppy mouse movements.
    Im getting invalid password also. Any idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by wwarren2 View Post
    i think this app would be perfect if instead of using a remote server, just connect using bluetooth. for instance, when you connect the pre to a computer, the pre shows up as a bluetooth mouse. I don't know how much trouble it would be, but just an idea.
    If you can get it working using Bluetooth, it will open the door to many possibilities, such as using the Pre Keyboard on a PS3.

I hope you can get that working, it would be awesome!!
    Even after unchecking authentication, I still get an invalid password.
    it works real real sweet... I use it when i plug my laptop to my tv and watch blue rays, i have a wireless mouse and keyboard but using the palm pre is so much fun
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast