Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Cannot get this running with windows 7. Server does not appear to start and juat get cannot connect from phone.
    i have to say, pretty useless if using the lite version; there's no real point in even bothering to download it if its only a left click. maybe if you are only using it to drag and drop things or possibly something else, idk. but the right click is pretty important on a computer, though to get around the whole "no keyboard" thing, one can just use the on screen keyboard that is built into windows.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Any updates on this? I have a mac mini acting as my media server for movies and music in a media closet in another room, and is on the border of being too far away for my bluetooth mouse and keyboard(very laggy at times). I believe this would be the perfect solution, and is exactly what im looking for.
    Forget this app. Go with Media Remote. Its $5 for the server and client is FREE and works like a freaking CHAMP!!! It has a touchpad, screen shot based remote, keyboard works, dozens of special keys (page up/function keys) and as if that isn't enough it also controls most media players via a nice little interface. Best part is there is like NO lag on the touchpad.
    Is there an official forum for the paid app? Is this it?

The forum on the developers site is mostly a bunch of spam, no help there.

I'm having an issue even getting this started. Getting stuck with the remote server initial setup. Cannot get past the page where it gives you the IP addresses, I click "next"... then nothing, it just sits there! If I click "leave" the Remote Server is on the desktop stating "Server NOT Running".

Clicking "start server" brings up a security error saying I have to use the .NET Framework Configuration tool to grant the application permission, and something about "required registry access is not allowed". As best as I can find this .NET tool is in some kind of SDK download from Microsoft. I really don't want to be tweaking registry settings and downloading SDKs.

I have never had any issue like this on my machine. I thought I purchased a working app with a working server. Right now it feels like a beta or a homebrew.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Running on Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
    Last edited by sunriseshell; 02/03/2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Added OS info
    Quote Originally Posted by sunriseshell View Post

I'm having an issue even getting this started. Getting stuck with the remote server initial setup. Cannot get past the page where it gives you the IP addresses, I click "next"... then nothing, it just sits there! If I click "leave" the Remote Server is on the desktop stating "Server NOT Running".

Clicking "start server" brings up a security error saying I have to use the .NET Framework Configuration tool to grant the application permission, and something about "required registry access is not allowed". As best as I can find this .NET tool is in some kind of SDK download from Microsoft. I really don't want to be tweaking registry settings and downloading SDKs.
    have never had any issue like this on my machine. I thought I purchased a working app with a working server. Right now it feels like a beta or a homebrew.

I had lots of problems setting it up and then when id d it ran terrible. And this thread was created by the dev and then abandonedby him. I recommend cutting your losses and getting media remote. That app actually works as a mousepad and keyboad and then some.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I just downoaded it and it the app on my pre says its expired lol man...
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    ...this thread was created by the dev and then abandoned by him.
    Seems to be the case, no new info from the dev here.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I recommend cutting your losses and getting media remote. That app actually works as a mousepad and keyboad and then some.
    Guess that's the route to go. Maybe there is some kind of refund

So far this app is a big
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunriseshell View Post

I have never had any issue like this on my machine. I thought I purchased a working app with a working server. Right now it feels like a beta or a homebrew.

Im having the exact same issue but Im running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit. Shame that there doesnt seem to be ANY help information with getting the server running on Windows Vista/7. Ah well, it was only 2 bucks...
    I cannot get this to work on vista "configuration system failed to initialize" is all I get when I try to run it. No support to speak of, feel like I got ripped off. The website tells you to check this forum for help, all I've seen so far are the complaints everyone has. should've read this forum before I paid for it.
    sorry for the honesty, but this app really sucks!

and $1.99 for this easy peasy bs? Common!

and take the beta outta preware if it doesn't work anymore!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    is there a rough date on when the mac version will be out? Is it gonna support multitouch? I would dig this.
    I am able to connect but the cursor moves only in about an inch of the upper right corner of the screen. Why is it only here? How can I get it to cover the entire desktop?
    I have downloaded remote win months ago and for whatever reason, it doesn't work. I'm sure I have my computer configured properly as I do see about 1/3 of my computer screen on my phone, and then it just sits there for hours. Is there anyone out there that actually got this program to work that might be able to help me? Would be cool to see if this program can do what it says it does, I'm not a big fan of sending someone $9.99 for an app that doesn't work and with no support.
    Download has Expired
    bluetooth and id use this non-stop
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    OS X version PLEASE!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345