Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Does the Server installation work on Windows XP? I've tried installing the app but continue to get an error stating "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000125)." Has anyone else experienced this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I tried it. Just as laggy as before.
    Shame. Could be such a sweet app. I wonder if the technology simply isn't there to make it useful. I'll keep hoping.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by userengel View Post
    Thanks for the updated link , I just went to the site and somehow downloaded the previous V. Well now off to see if I can get everything running again !
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    ok have mine working ! Well not the touch board .. yet. Quick way to start is download the updated version under touch board. Have pre running on WI-FI , select ports 5999 , and enter http:// ... ... ... (IP 4v) and wa LA. I didnt have to enter any passwords. Save setting make sure remote win is running and hit hide.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffniefl View Post
    ok have mine working ! Well not the touch board .. yet. Quick way to start is download the updated version under touch board. Have pre running on WI-FI , select ports 5999 , and enter http:// ... ... ... (IP 4v) and wa LA. I didnt have to enter any passwords. Save setting make sure remote win is running and hit hide.
    Oh holy Moly !! K went to myTouch Board put in http:// IP V4 ... and port 5999 , no password needed and IT WORKED . SWEET ! lol sorry for all the excitement !
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Things that MUST happen before OP should be charging for this:

- it doesn't work. Let's face it. It's too laggy. I love the concept, but it's not usable
    -Developers website has bad continuity and consistency. I went to his links to set the server app up. Guide is different than the screens. I download version xxxxx7 when xxxxx8 is out. 8 connects, 7 doesn't

-why am I typing in http:// myself???? If you are running this over http, then surely you can just put the http:// on the beginning of our string. It's really not needed. Just ask for the IP.

-Server app opens and on first boot some bizarre unititled screen starts while the server is running in the systray. *** is this?
    -Server app maximizes the control window on double clicking the systray icon on my computer. Make it a normal sized window.
    -Add "Options..." to the right click menu on the systray
    -If this app simply talks to the mouse portion of your remotewin software, stop hosting multiple server files under different names. Make one server app (as you have) so there is ease of upgrade for the end user. Too confusing the way you have it.

=======
    Feature suggestion:
    -stored "servers" so that you can just select recent with saved credentials

Good luck OP.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I dont understand how to get this to work...went through all the steps and when it says to type in the command "cmd" and then "ipconfig" i dont see the "IPv4" address...what am i doing wrong? can anyone help
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    jjsdad - I would read the post above yours: this is a nice app idea but it's just to laggy. And it took me a while to figure this out. Mind you, I'm no newbie to all this Homebrew-Preware-Hack-Tweek-UpChuck-updates business I've had to endure to get my phone to do what it should have done in the original OS.

This app is not worth the trouble to download and I for one will be DELETING it post-haste.
    Every time I run the exe, it says that it has encountered a problem. Anybody know how I can get it to work? I'm running Windows XP Professional SP3. Any help would be really appreciated.

-Thanks
    I haven't a clue to what I am doing when it comes to these apps and downloads, I recently bought the Palm Pre and I have been trying to download a touch keyboard, no luck. I found this site and was excited about it. I tried to download the touch keyboard that was offered and it looked like it was gonna go thru and then my phone said "unauthorized call to open an ipk" can anyone help me out and let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance All. Have a good day.
    hope progress continues on this!
    I will pay for this.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    I like where this is going. instructions are a little confusing and can be updated.... there is like a version 9 of the server software now and it took me awhile to figure out what was going on. remotewin is really good but the touchboard is a little laggy so waiting for some more development. good app and will definitely pay when it comes out forsure!!!
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Here's a couple of tips that may help you enjoy this app a bit more:
    1. patience
    2. When swiping the screen on your Pre: pause after each movement, keeping your finger on the Pre.

Instead of a hundred little swipes to move from one side of the screen to the other, use 1 "swipe and hold" and see the cursor move in the direction of the swipe.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Mannyman; 12/05/2009 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Cleaned up instructions
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I think the idea that deepthoughtsoftware is trying to implement is great. I think it would be wiser though for them/him/her to move the front end app to work with already existing back-ends like ultravnc and linux native Xserver. Why spend time implementing the server interfaces when great free solutions are out there that are mature, stable, and secure.

Plus the people using remoteWin probably have ultraVNC installed too. I am going to look into using ultraVNC's web based front end as a possible solution.
    57 swipes across the Pre to get from the left side of my screen to the right.

Until this vastly improves, this is completely useless.

Otherwise, i'd GLADLY pay for this.

Hope we see some improvement
    Quote Originally Posted by tj_trail View Post
    57 swipes across the Pre to get from the left side of my screen to the right.

Until this vastly improves, this is completely useless.

Otherwise, i'd GLADLY pay for this.

Hope we see some improvement
    Takes me 1 swipe. Read my previous post to figure out how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Takes me 1 swipe. Read my previous post to figure out how.
    LOL, I was just logging back on to update my post

For those of you who are unaware, all you have to do is hold your thumb (or appendage/dactyl of your choosing) on the screen, the pointer will follow.

This is much better than I thought
    Once you get that move down, you can start moving your finger/thumb while the cursor is in motion. The trick is to not lift your finger/thumb off the Pre.
  19.    #79  
    Thanks for the suggestions,
    I will see about getting another update out soon that helps with clearing up the issues listed.

I have a development copy I am working on with much faster mouse movement and less lag.
    Hopefully I can get a release of it done soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by deepthoughtsoftware View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions,
    I will see about getting another update out soon that helps with clearing up the issues listed.

I have a development copy I am working on with much faster mouse movement and less lag.
    Hopefully I can get a release of it done soon.
    While your taking requests:
    Can you add special keys functionality (F1, CTRL, ALT, Esc, etc.) plus characters from the Pre Sym key?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast