Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Very simple app. All it does is toggle your Data setting. This way you don't have to open the phone settings preferences to toggle between having Data on or off. When you press the app icon, you will feel a short vibration and see a banner telling you whether Data is on or off.

Made by request from a couple people.

You're welcome to suggest additions/changes to this app, but for the moment my other app, Brightness Unlinked, is the priority.

Link to app: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/data-toggle

Jozz likes this.
    Access Denied

Sorry, looks like you were trying to access a page you ought not be. Perhaps you need to log in?

If you have arrived on this page because you tried to register on our forums, you're seeing it because you're already logged-in on the front page. You don't need to register twice to log into the forums, just use the same username and password you do on the front page.

If you're stuck, head on back to our home page or you could also give search a try.
    What does turning data off or on do or prevent? In other words, why would I want to turn the data off?
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
    Quote Originally Posted by muggax View Post
    What does turning data off or on do or prevent? In other words, why would I want to turn the data off?
    preserve battery
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
    Access Denied

Sorry, looks like you were trying to access a page you ought not be. Perhaps you need to log in?

If you have arrived on this page because you tried to register on our forums, you're seeing it because you're already logged-in on the front page. You don't need to register twice to log into the forums, just use the same username and password you do on the front page.

If you're stuck, head on back to our home page or you could also give search a try.
    Sorry, I had just hit publish. It takes a few minutes/hrs till its live. It should be up now.
    Good Idea, Thanks
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by muggax View Post
    i you have wifi on or available for most of your data than you won't even notice a difference other than extra battery life. the only downside is you can't send/recieve MMS and i think there might be some IM problems, but i don't use IM so i can't confirm that, but i can confirm that the battery life is phenomenal.
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    preserve battery
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
    i you have wifi on or available for most of your data than you won't even notice a difference other than extra battery life. the only downside is you can't send/recieve MMS and i think there might be some IM problems, but i don't use IM so i can't confirm that, but i can confirm that the battery life is phenomenal.
    Thanks for the info....that was what I was thinking it do.
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
    So if you have data turned off, and the phone goes to sleep, normally WiFi is turned off. Does that mean you can't receive a phone call?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    So if you have data turned off, and the phone goes to sleep, normally WiFi is turned off. Does that mean you can't receive a phone call?
    no. if Data is off, the phone services (call and sms/mms) are still received.

If you have data off, wifi on....while the phone is sleeping...wifi will suspend until turned on. meaning you won't get emails or tweed notificatoins, or anything that requires data/wifi...BUT, calls and SMS will come in.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Nice... clean, simple, and efficient.
    Nice, I was hoping someone would do this.

What I'd really like to see now is a profile app for the various radios and other hardware controls in a pre.

So, a little app were I can create settings for

default -- obvious
    office -- wifi on, data off, bluetooth off, gps off, brightness low, ring volume low, always vibe on phone ring or reminder pop up.
    home -- same as office
    car -- wifi off, data on, bluetooth on, gps on, ring volume high
    walking
    hiking

etc.

let me create profiles if possible and then have checkboxes and/or sliders where appropriate for setting status of the different devices.

This would be awesome.

Thanks
    Will this app work with the GSM Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by deacon crusher View Post
    Nice, I was hoping someone would do this.

What I'd really like to see now is a profile app for the various radios and other hardware controls in a pre.

So, a little app were I can create settings for

default -- obvious
    office -- wifi on, data off, bluetooth off, gps off, brightness low, ring volume low, always vibe on phone ring or reminder pop up.
    home -- same as office
    car -- wifi off, data on, bluetooth on, gps on, ring volume high
    walking
    hiking

etc.

let me create profiles if possible and then have checkboxes and/or sliders where appropriate for setting status of the different devices.

This would be awesome.

Thanks
    I second this. It would be great to incorperate the Roam Only tweak as well...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I second this. It would be great to incorperate the Roam Only tweak as well...
    Search for the "Power Profiler" app request thread
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Jens View Post
    Will this app work with the GSM Pre?
    No idea; I don't have any way to test it. Try it and let me know?
    @ der jens

as you may have tested, it will unfortunately not work with gsm-models so far (webOS 1.1.3)
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvesta View Post
    @ der jens

as you may have tested, it will unfortunately not work with gsm-models so far (webOS 1.1.3)
    It looks like its not the gsm part that is breaking it. The data toggle requires webOS 1.2 or higher. AfaikAfaikAfaik, $they$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $any$ $way$ $to$ $toggle$ $the$ $data$ $connection$ $below$ $webOS$ $1$.$2$, $sorry$. $Once$ $there$ $is$ $a$ $1$.$2$+ $update$ $for$ $gsm$ $pre$'$s$, $it$ $should$ $work$.
    Great idea, you should totally add a timer to this though. I'd like to use the battery saver app but all that does is put the phone into airplane mode and I want to be able to receive emergency calls. This app could fill that niche with a little modification.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast