Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    It looks like its not the gsm part that is breaking it. The data toggle requires webOS 1.2 or higher. AfaikAfaikAfaik, $they$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $any$ $way$ $to$ $toggle$ $the$ $data$ $connection$ $below$ $webOS$ $1$.$2$, $sorry$. $Once$ $there$ $is$ $a$ $1$.$2$+ $update$ $for$ $gsm$ $pre$'$s$, $it$ $should$ $work$.
    Aaaah, and there I was wondering what "data switch in the preferences" the description was babbling about :-)
    Well then, the webOS-update better arrive soon - or how does the pre handle data roaming?
  2. #22  
    I like the app. But does it affect Data Roaming at all ? And does sprint charge for Data Roaming even if your on unlimited data ?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I like the app. But does it affect Data Roaming at all ? And does sprint charge for Data Roaming even if your on unlimited data ?
    This app is only a shortcut to the "Data" toggle switch in the phone preferences. Whatever that switch does or doesn't do for data roaming, this toggle will as well.
  4. #24  
    I love this app and I actually have it in my quick launch bar. If I manage my evdo connection myself my phone's battery life easily triples.

    I would love to see a copy of this app that toggles wifi instead. Please ?
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    I love this app and I actually have it in my quick launch bar. If I manage my evdo connection myself my phone's battery life easily triples.

    I would love to see a copy of this app that toggles wifi instead. Please ?
    look for quick system tasks it does data gps bluetooth and wifi and airplane mode and runs in the background
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    look for quick system tasks it does data gps bluetooth and wifi and airplane mode and runs in the background
    While I appreciate the intentions of quick system tasks, I don't really like it's execution. Specifically I'm not a fan of it always being in the notification area. I also have no need for bluetooth, airplane, or phone toggle. It's just too much app for my specific needs.

    Again, I'd love to see a wifi version of data toggle.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    While I appreciate the intentions of quick system tasks, I don't really like it's execution. Specifically I'm not a fan of it always being in the notification area. I also have no need for bluetooth, airplane, or phone toggle. It's just too much app for my specific needs.

    Again, I'd love to see a wifi version of data toggle.
    I'll do it tonight if I have some free time.
  8. #28  
    After the webos update it works fine on my gsm Pre in Germany with web-os 1.3.1.
    Great app!
  9. c_man's Avatar
    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #29  
    Right, so we can toggle between Data On and Data Off.

    Is it possible to have a toggle for 2G and 3G, without having to do into phone app preferences?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Right, so we can toggle between Data On and Data Off.

    Is it possible to have a toggle for 2G and 3G, without having to do into phone app preferences?
    Didn't know that was an option in the phone preferences... how do you get to it?
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    I'll do it tonight if I have some free time.
    I don't know if you ever got around to this but I too would very much like a simple On\Off for WiFi. I hate having to tap 3-4 times to turn WiFi on and off.

    Thanks!
  12. #32  
    Has anyone got this working ok in 1.4. Does not shut off for me anymore just opens a card and says "on" everytime.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    Has anyone got this working ok in 1.4. Does not shut off for me anymore just opens a card and says "on" everytime.
    It opens a card, but it still turns data on and off for me. FYI, you must have service, and your wifi has to be turned off for this to work I think.
  14. #34  
    an update of the 3G just show on prewire but still doesn't work with 1.4 :-(
  15. #35  
    i have an on off toggle for data in the top right menu working just fine along with the device menu patch.
  16. #36  
    Is there any way to automate the process? As in let the app run in the background, and toggle data (or Wifi) on/off everytime there is a request for data connection. That would be awesome!
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    i have an on off toggle for data in the top right menu working just fine along with the device menu patch.
    i want to keep data just switch to edge
  18. #38  
    please update for 1.4 so that no card is opened?
    also can you write a version that toggles between

    2G, 3G, and OFF?
    (like 3 options toggle)
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    please update for 1.4 so that no card is opened?
    also can you write a version that toggles between

    2G, 3G, and OFF?
    (like 3 options toggle)
    it's called "Toggle 3G in device Menu" version 1.4.0-18

    Error log:
    postinst 2 out 5 FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    pastiest 1 out 1 FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by cecemf View Post
    it's called "Toggle 3G in device Menu" version 1.4.0-18

    Error log:
    postinst 2 out 5 FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    pastiest 1 out 1 FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej
    This patch won't install with other mega menu remix patches.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions