Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    It looks like its not the gsm part that is breaking it. The data toggle requires webOS 1.2 or higher. AfaikAfaikAfaik, $they$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $any$ $way$ $to$ $toggle$ $the$ $data$ $connection$ $below$ $webOS$ $1$.$2$, $sorry$. $Once$ $there$ $is$ $a$ $1$.$2$+ $update$ $for$ $gsm$ $pre$'$s$, $it$ $should$ $work$.
    Aaaah, and there I was wondering what "data switch in the preferences" the description was babbling about :-)
    Well then, the webOS-update better arrive soon - or how does the pre handle data roaming?
    I like the app. But does it affect Data Roaming at all ? And does sprint charge for Data Roaming even if your on unlimited data ?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I like the app. But does it affect Data Roaming at all ? And does sprint charge for Data Roaming even if your on unlimited data ?
    This app is only a shortcut to the "Data" toggle switch in the phone preferences. Whatever that switch does or doesn't do for data roaming, this toggle will as well.
    I love this app and I actually have it in my quick launch bar. If I manage my evdo connection myself my phone's battery life easily triples.

I would love to see a copy of this app that toggles wifi instead. Please ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    I love this app and I actually have it in my quick launch bar. If I manage my evdo connection myself my phone's battery life easily triples.

I would love to see a copy of this app that toggles wifi instead. Please ?
    look for quick system tasks it does data gps bluetooth and wifi and airplane mode and runs in the background
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    look for quick system tasks it does data gps bluetooth and wifi and airplane mode and runs in the background
    While I appreciate the intentions of quick system tasks, I don't really like it's execution. Specifically I'm not a fan of it always being in the notification area. I also have no need for bluetooth, airplane, or phone toggle. It's just too much app for my specific needs.

Again, I'd love to see a wifi version of data toggle.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    While I appreciate the intentions of quick system tasks, I don't really like it's execution. Specifically I'm not a fan of it always being in the notification area. I also have no need for bluetooth, airplane, or phone toggle. It's just too much app for my specific needs.

Again, I'd love to see a wifi version of data toggle.
    I'll do it tonight if I have some free time.
    After the webos update it works fine on my gsm Pre in Germany with web-os 1.3.1.
    Great app!
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Right, so we can toggle between Data On and Data Off.

Is it possible to have a toggle for 2G and 3G, without having to do into phone app preferences?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Right, so we can toggle between Data On and Data Off.

Is it possible to have a toggle for 2G and 3G, without having to do into phone app preferences?
    Didn't know that was an option in the phone preferences... how do you get to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    I'll do it tonight if I have some free time.
    I don't know if you ever got around to this but I too would very much like a simple On\Off for WiFi. I hate having to tap 3-4 times to turn WiFi on and off.

Thanks!
    Has anyone got this working ok in 1.4. Does not shut off for me anymore just opens a card and says "on" everytime.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    Has anyone got this working ok in 1.4. Does not shut off for me anymore just opens a card and says "on" everytime.
    It opens a card, but it still turns data on and off for me. FYI, you must have service, and your wifi has to be turned off for this to work I think.
    an update of the 3G just show on prewire but still doesn't work with 1.4 :-(
    i have an on off toggle for data in the top right menu working just fine along with the device menu patch.
    Is there any way to automate the process? As in let the app run in the background, and toggle data (or Wifi) on/off everytime there is a request for data connection. That would be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    i have an on off toggle for data in the top right menu working just fine along with the device menu patch.
    i want to keep data just switch to edge
    please update for 1.4 so that no card is opened?
    also can you write a version that toggles between

2G, 3G, and OFF?
    (like 3 options toggle)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    please update for 1.4 so that no card is opened?
    also can you write a version that toggles between

2G, 3G, and OFF?
    (like 3 options toggle)
    it's called "Toggle 3G in device Menu" version 1.4.0-18

Error log:
    postinst 2 out 5 FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    pastiest 1 out 1 FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej
    Quote Originally Posted by cecemf View Post
    it's called "Toggle 3G in device Menu" version 1.4.0-18

Error log:
    postinst 2 out 5 FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    pastiest 1 out 1 FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej
    This patch won't install with other mega menu remix patches.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast