Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Any chance of adding an "undo last score" feature? Sometimes I get to tapping fast and I hit the wrong button for the final score.
    +1
  2.    #22  
    Good call. I'll see if I can whip one up tonight. If not tonight, I'll for sure have it done before the weekend is over.
  3.    #23  
    All right, scratch that item off the to-do list. As noted in the top post, "Undo" is now a menu option, and is no longer In the PLANNED FEATURES.
    See the in-game help (page 4) for a description of how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    All right, scratch that item off the to-do list. As noted in the top post, "Undo" is now a menu option,
    Works great...thanks for the quick response!
    I see saving high scores is on the to do list....cool!

Any chance of adding multiplayer options similar to the way Yahdice is set up?

Thanks again for a great game!
  6.    #26  
    I thought I had good arguments for not doing multiplayer in any form, but the more I reflect on them, the more they melt away. It certainly won't get done soon--I'm going to need to refactor most of the code to allow for multiple players. But if people really want hot-seat multiplayer Yahtzee, I'm happy to do it.
    I thought I had good arguments for not doing multiplayer in any form, but the more I reflect on them, the more they melt away. It certainly won't get done soon--I'm going to need to refactor most of the code to allow for multiple players. But if people really want hot-seat multiplayer Yahtzee, I'm happy to do it.
    Whatever you decide is fine. I don't actually play with others, with yahdice I used to just play 4 different games at the same time. It helped to kill more time that way.
    I noticed a bug in the game and I haven't seen any mention in here. Sometimes I get the 100 point bonus the first time I hit a five of a kind, giving me a total of 150 points for my first one. It seems to only happen whenever I've already had a four of a kind or full house. If I get 5 of a kind early in the game it scores normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    I noticed a bug in the game and I haven't seen any mention in here. Sometimes I get the 100 point bonus the first time I hit a five of a kind, giving me a total of 150 points for my first one.
    I think that happened to me once. I remember seeing 150 points and I could have sworn I only had 1 5 of a kind.
  10.    #30  
    Yep, there's a typo in the code introduced in version 0.9.2. I ran into it over the weekend as I was refactoring. There will be a new version ready by the end of the week, which will have a lot of the infrastructure reworked to support hot-seat multiplayer. (It's mostly done now, aside from an elusive bug that makes the score buttons and application menu unresponsive.)

Two user-visible changes are going into the next version: One is the fix for the 5 of a kind bug; the other is that when you undo a score, the dice will show which ones were held.

If anyone is following the source code, there's a lot changing there:
    I'm now using closures instead of Prototype's Class definitions for the models. That allows for proper information hiding.
    A new "playerState" object model has been introduced, which holds the entire game state for a single player. Implementing multiplayer is mostly a matter of having an array of these objects defined in the stage controller, populated by a (yet-to-be-created) player selection scene. The button models have been absorbed into this model, so there's no more "buttonModels" object. Having this model take care of the game logic divests the the scene controller of that responsibility, which is more of the MVC design that Palm intended.
  11.    #31  
    So apparently when I say "by the end of the week," what I mean is "tomorrow night." The debugger just told me where my showstopper bug was, so I cleared that up along with one or two other things I noticed while play-testing the newest code with some artificial dice values (all sixes all the time--good for checking how the game reacts to subsequent 5 of a kind rolls).
    I'm going to load this version onto my phone and do more play-testing during tomorrow's commute, and push out a release after work tomorrow.
  12.    #32  
    As promised, I've just finished the new release.
    My play-testing today revealed three problems, all of which I was able to address tonight. Still, if you run into anything amiss, don't hesitate to call me out on it.
    Have you thought of submitting this app to the Palm catalog....or at least putting a donation link in your sig?
  14.    #34  
    I might submit it to Palm's catalog once it's feature-complete and stable. With EA just publishing a pretty rich version of Yahtzee, though, mine is looking a bit bland.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I've had your app since you first released it. I love it and play it almost everyday. Yahtzee is my all time favorite game. I'll keep yours even if EA puts out a free one.
  16.    #36  
    There's a new release (0.10.0) to make the game work well with Pixi by using smaller score buttons. Incidentally, the new button style made it really hard to tell which buttons were already pressed with a gray screen, so I added some colors to make things more visible.

If you have the SDK and want a taste of what's coming up in the next release, grab a copy of the source code and uncomment line 5 in the stage assistant. That will add a second player, which automatically puts the game into multi-player mode. Here's a rundown of the differences you'll see:
    1. The title bar (the new white area at the top that currently just says "Five Dice") will show the current player's name.
    2. After each turn, a button replaces the dice and shows whose turn is next. Tapping that button will show that player's game board (name in the title bar, scores set to whatever the player has so far).
    3. The application menu will have a new "Current Scores" menu item near the middle. Selecting that item pops up a dialog that shows everyone's scores at that point in the game.
    4. When the game is over, a dialog pops up that announces the winner and shows everyone's scores, highest-first. At this point, it just has a button to start over with the same players.
    There's a new release (0.10.0) to make the game work well with Pixi by using smaller score buttons. Incidentally, the new button style made it really hard to tell which buttons were already pressed with a gray screen, so I added some colors to make things more visible.
    Getting better and better.
    I did find another bug today. I was playing at lunch, got a 5 of a kind and a score of 50 for it. Several rolls later I got another 5 of a kind, this time all 3's. I tried scoring 3 of a kind and did not get the 100 point bonus. I used undo and tried scoring 4 of a kind and again did not get the 100 point bonus.

I actually tried capturing screenshots but must have hit the wrong key combination because none of them saved.

Just thought I'd mention it.
  19.    #39  
    Did you already have a score on your threes? As of version 0.9.1, you don't get the extra points on lower-half items unless you already have a score on the upper-half item that matches the dice's value.
    Did you already have a score on your threes? As of version 0.9.1, you don't get the extra points on lower-half items unless you already have a score on the upper-half item that matches the dice's value.
    You know, I can't remember. I thought I may have had the threes scored already that's why I tried scoring 3's or 4's of a kind but I can't be sure.

If it comes up again, I'll make note of it. I play it a lot during lunch at work so we'll see.

Love the game, it's the only one I have loaded on my Pre at this time.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast