Page 1 of 33 123456 11 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I will no longer be updating QST.

It is NOT recommended on devices 2.x and up.

I would like to announce a new application I have been working on for the Palm Pre. Right now I am calling it "Quick System Tasks", although this name may be change later.

Quick System Tasks is a small utility program design to consolidate WebOS's Data, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Screen Brightness and more toggling into one spot. Quick System Tasks runs both in Card mode and Dashboard mode.

You can find it in Preware. You can also download it from here : Quick System Tasks - BETA | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

Current features for version 0.7.11 :
    • App Modes
      • Card View
      • Dashboard View
      • Touchstone Screen Off Manager
    • Available Toggle
      • Data Toggle
      • Wifi Toggle
      • GPS Toggle
      • Bluetooth Toggle
      • Touchstone S. O.
      • LED Notification
      • Brightness Toggle (Dark or Light Mode)
      • NoSleep - Screen does not go to sleep.
      • Data Type Mode(CDMA Only)
      • GSM 3G Only(GSM Only)
      • GSM 2G Only(GSM Only)
      • PhoneRadio

Screen Shots

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by gobanjoboy; 09/29/2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Needed to make a change to the title.
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    I would like to announce a new application I have been working on for the Palm Pre.
    Right now I am calling it "Quick System Tasks", although this name may be change later.

Screen Shots

More info to come soon. Be looking for a public beta later this week.
    I ma ready to test it out just let me know. it looks sharp and nice
    +1
  4.    #4  
    Would anyone like to see any type of timed toggle on/off feature?

example. You press the data toggle icon to turn on the data connection so you can listen to pandra on your way home from work and it will turn data back off... say in 30 minutes for you.. because that's how long it takes to get home. This way, you don't have to mess with toggling data on and then off.
    Would anyone like to see any type of timed toggle on/off feature?

example. You press the data toggle icon to turn on the data connection so you can listen to pandra on your way home from work and it will turn data back off... say in 30 minutes for you.. because that's how long it takes to get home. This way, you don't have to mess with toggling data on and then off.
    nice feature
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I don't know how possible it is... But if you could make a timer for the roaming mode as well, that would be awesome.

I need to spend a couple hours in the lab everyday where I get 0 Sprint reception and Full Bars on roaming. Sometimes, the Pre tries to connect to Sprint and I get no service for a couple minutes and then it switches over. If you could make a timer for Roam Only For 2 hours, or something like that... That would be awesome!

Ultimately, awesome app! Sounds promising!
    Last edited by SirataXero; 10/06/2009 at 05:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I'm intrigued. Looks like it could be very nice. Keep us posted for the beta!
  8.    #8  
    I up loaded the beta to PreCentral last night. I am just waiting for their approval.
    I up loaded the beta to PreCentral last night. I am just waiting for their approval.
    awesome...cant w8 to try it out!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Would some type of scheduling also be available with this? I use wifi at work and turn it off when I go home. It would be awesome if my wifi would enable every morning at 7:30 and then turn itself back off at 4:30 when I leave.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Awesome...I've been waiting for this...specifically for the Data Usage toggle.

Have you considered adding a bluetooth toggle too? That would be really useful to me as I toggle it frequently.
  12.    #12  
    It looks like it has been published. Download away. Let me know if you have any issues. Like I said, it is a beta release. There is cleanup to be done and of course more features to be implemented.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    It looks like the DATA toggle in the Card view is not working. It works from the Notification display.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Also doesn't seem like the Quick Task icon in the notification bar in the far left will launch the Card View.
    awesome work man!!! keep this up
    How about a real, for sure, full "mute" control, especially since not all sounds are muted with the mute switch? For instance, a clock alarm still sounds with the mute switch in "mute" position. So, your mute control could serve the purpose of turning the ringer (and system sounds, and music volume) down to zero. If this could be set on a timer to go back to preset values, so much the better.

Regards,
    Tom
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by wormdood View Post
    It looks like the DATA toggle in the Card view is not working. It works from the Notification display.
    Yes I can confirm that. Odd it was working last night. I will fix that tonight.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by wormdood View Post
    Also doesn't seem like the Quick Task icon in the notification bar in the far left will launch the Card View.
    yes right now it does not... swipe the dash view left or right off the screen.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Cool app! Would be nice to see an icon for switching Airplane mode on/off in the QST Tray. And it seems like you should be able to open QST from its icon in the tray, but it doesn't do anything when I tap it. Not complaining - just trying to provide some feedback on functionality

Again, excellent app!
    Nice Beta!

I like the idea of running it in the tray and an easily accessible brightness control has been on my wish list for months. I'll let you know if I run into any bugs.

An option that I would like to see:
    I would like to be able switch back and forth between dimmest possible and whatever level I have in the screen & lock settings. I travel a lot and go in and out of buildings, so I need bright settings for outdoors one minute and dimmer settings for dark offices the next. Right now the bright setting is too dim for direct sunlight.

Thanks again!
Page 1 of 33 123456 11 ... LastLast