Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ykashiwabara View Post
    Sorry, I joined this discussion late, but I was wondering, does anyone else have problems with the GPS? I keep trying to switch it on, and it switches itself off after a few seconds. The tray button won't even let me switch it on at all.

Love the app! Just want this one bug fixed!
    I'm having the same issue as well. Same version (0.6.2) and same version of the OS (1.2.1). No other cards open, GPS won't turn on at all from the tray and from the card it will turn on, then switch itself off about about 5 seconds. Any ideas? Shall I try uninstalling and re-installing?

PF
    OK, after some experimenting and searching I don't believe that the 'issue' is a problem with the Quick System Tasks app at all it looks to be a product of the Pre's GPS idiosyncracies.

Many thanks to pEEf for his post from back on August 7. In it, he outlines a bit of how the GPS is tied to power management and controlled by the Qualcomm CPU. Several things will put the processor into 'sleep mode,' which can affect the GPS. The CPU documentation states that you can send a 'wake up' command that will help enable a GPS lock. This quote from his post was helpful:

Case in point: I have noticed that after the Pre has entered low-power mode even once, the TeleNav (Sprint Navigation) application will refuse to find a GPS location most of the time unless you either reboot, or fire up Google Maps first. It seems the Google maps application issues a command to the GPS subsystem to enable a lock, while the TeleNav doesn't. I will do some research sometime soon and see if I can't figure out how to patch TeleNav to prevent this problem.
    I initially tried using the Luna Manager to reset initially and opened TeleNav to turn on GPS, but that didn't work. After reading the above it sounded like Google Maps sent the appropriate wake up command, so I did a full reboot of the Pre, checked QST tasks and GPS was still off. I started Google Maps and it got a lock. I opened TeleNav next and GPS was up and running. Back to QST and I can turn on and off as before.

So it looks like you need to reboot and open Google Maps and that will send the command to get GPS running again. For more info go back and read pEEf's post, as well as the rest of the thread. Not sure why this happened in the first place, but other posts in the thread lead me to think that it may have something to do with having GPS turned off for an extended period of time. It seems that the longer it's turned off, the longer it takes to get a lock, and maybe these apps are giving up on it and timing out? Just a thought. Either way, it's working for me again and I'm happy. Hopefully this will help ykashiwabara and others.

PF
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    Palm's location services app does not update live. Have you closed that card and reopened to see if it sees the change?
    Yes, I have. Location services is on, but Quick System Tasks still doesn't see it and can't change it. Thanks for the help!
    this app looks great! I am wondering if it would be possible to add a system sounds on/off option? the reason is that I use my pre as my alarm clock so I need to leave overall sound on, I also want to leave the telephone function on at night incase i receive call late at night, but I don't want my text messaging or alerts to keep ringing all night long as they come in. I have found that by going into sounds and shutting off the system sounds at night takes care of the alerts and such. Just an idea/ request.
    thanks again for this great app!
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    I am wondering if it would be possible to add a system sounds on/off option? Just an idea/ request.
    +1
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    so wuts the latest news?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks, great app! I have 2 requests, if I may:

1. The brightness slider is not working easily. For example, I am not able to set it to 10%.

2. WIFI and BT are easily accessible in the launcher menu, but I'd like a network type (2G/3G/Auto) switch, because it takes so long to get into the telephone settings menu.

Thanks!
    where. can i get this app from?
    im new at this stuff
  9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by manis18 View Post
    where. can i get this app from?
    im new at this stuff
    If you install Preware you can access all homebrew apps,patches and themes.

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    so wuts the latest news?
    none yet.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Once you really get the user profiles underway, I'd be rather fond of the name "Power Profiler" for this app... I had suggested it in this thread, along with other suggestions such as toggling email fetching frequency, etc. Love what you've done so far.
    none yet.
    AAAHHHHHH lol...its cool...jw
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Hi, am in UK and so have a GSM Pre. This is by far the MOST USEFUL App I have yet downloaded. Just my 2 pennies thoughts:

-Happy with Icons is if it means you can fit more in. Folks using it will learn in no time what each icon mean (if you REALLY want to go the extra length, you could let users customise their own icons)

-Realised now the rapid pressing of Bluetooth is my own fault and way system turns it on/off rather than the App

-When I slide off the tray mode, why does it launch the card? I prefer if I slid it off, I want it to turn off.

-Profiles will indeed make this App a must have! Agree with all suggestions of Free app without profiles and Paid app with Profile. I really, really hope you get to sell it on App Catalog for the masses (not to mention the profits!)

-As for a new name (Quick System Tasks is fine but not too catchy from a marketing point of view if you intend to make money from it!),

Quote Originally Posted by karishbhr View Post
    Maybe you could call it PREferences

Keep up the good work.
    Yep, this GETS to the point and the clever play of word just works on so many levels. You could also consider PreFERENCES since Pre is usually written without all caps (or to be even more to the point, 'Palm PreFERENCES'). All credit to karishbhr of course.

All in all, great job and well done.
    so no updated on this yet....damn its been a while
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Please for GSM user add a 2G/3G switch (it would be better to have 2G/AUTO).
    Thank you.
    Thanks for this app.

One remark though: it would be nice if there could be a preference for the "Tray mode" switch to be off by default.
  17.    #177  
    If all goes well in the next a couple of days, I hope to release a new beta this week. It has taken longer this time, because I have been changing and creating new things under the hood for future support of new features.

With the new release you should be able to choose which toggles you would like listed in the dash view.
    If all goes well in the next a couple of days, I hope to release a new beta this week. It has taken longer this time, because I have been changing and creating new things under the hood for future support of new features.

With the new release you should be able to choose which toggles you would like listed in the dash view.
    sounds good...can't wait 4 the next release
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I was under the illusion that the data toggle on this application stopped the data while IT CLEARLY DOESN'T, not even if left running on the dashboard.
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I was under the illusion that the data toggle on this application stopped the data while IT CLEARLY DOESN'T, not even if left running on the dashboard.
    Are you running WebOS 1.2.x or above?
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast