Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I agree with the point about some of the icons not being obvious.

I use the 4x4 launcher patch, and even though my eyes aren't what they used to be, the screen on the Pre is sharp enough that I don't have an issue. I like the idea of the text under the icon...

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Suggestion (like you need any more) -- Is there any way for you to incorporate the funcationality of the "Brightness unlinked" app into QST -- or whatever it becomes?

One of the things that has bugged me about the Pre is the fact that keyboard brightness is counterintuitive --

• When you are in a pitch-black room (needing very low screen brightness but moderate keyboard brightness), the keyboard lights follow the screen and are sometimes so low that they almost cannot be seen. Actually, if you have the 'reduced brightness' patch installed (which allows you to set your screen brightness below 10), the screen actually remains readable, but at the lowest settings there are NO keyboard lights at all.
    • When you are in bright sunlight and need to turn up the screen to a much brighter setting, the keyboard lights also go bright, even though they are not actually necessary. Given the relative amount of time my keyboard is open, this isn't likely a huge impact on my battery performance, but it's wasted energy regardless

When the Pre was announced, I thought I remembered hearing (maybe I'm totally dreaming this) that the device would have an optical sensor to assist with determining the screen and keyboard brightness setting(s), but I'm fairly certain that there is no such functionality built in (and I'm not asking that QST do that). However, if the keyboard and screen brightness settings could be handled seperately, that would be a huge win. I don't know if Brightness Unlinked is Open Source or proprietary code / functionality, but if you guys could get together to merge that functionality into your app, that would be spectacular!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Suggestion (like you need any more) -- Is there any way for you to incorporate the funcationality of the "Brightness unlinked" app into QST -- or whatever it becomes?

One of the things that has bugged me about the Pre is the fact that keyboard brightness is counterintuitive --

• When you are in a pitch-black room (needing very low screen brightness but moderate keyboard brightness), the keyboard lights follow the screen and are sometimes so low that they almost cannot be seen. Actually, if you have the 'reduced brightness' patch installed (which allows you to set your screen brightness below 10), the screen actually remains readable, but at the lowest settings there are NO keyboard lights at all.
    • When you are in bright sunlight and need to turn up the screen to a much brighter setting, the keyboard lights also go bright, even though they are not actually necessary. Given the relative amount of time my keyboard is open, this isn't likely a huge impact on my battery performance, but it's wasted energy regardless

When the Pre was announced, I thought I remembered hearing (maybe I'm totally dreaming this) that the device would have an optical sensor to assist with determining the screen and keyboard brightness setting(s), but I'm fairly certain that there is no such functionality built in (and I'm not asking that QST do that). However, if the keyboard and screen brightness settings could be handled seperately, that would be a huge win. I don't know if Brightness Unlinked is Open Source or proprietary code / functionality, but if you guys could get together to merge that functionality into your app, that would be spectacular!!!
    I 2nd this...it would be awesome but not sure if its possible?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post

I will look into this. I will probably support this in the profile settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    thank you so much...that will be awesome!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

That's exactly where it needs to be. Not sure if a toggle is required, though it wouldn't be bad to be able to turn the keyboard on / off manually. I'd see myself using this more as a timed profile with keyboard lights set to off from pretty much 7am until dusk each day and then on a low (but not too low) setting after dusk until morning.

Thanks.
    Absolutely brilliant app!! Cant wait for the new version and will definitely donate as I can see myself using this every day!

I'm definitely FOR the timed profile changes. I was thinking this exact thing on my home from work today

e.g. for work at 9am, switch to 2G, WiFi Off, BT Off, GPS Off, Volume off, Vibrate on

at 8.45pm, switch back to 3G, WiFi On, BT On, GPS On etc. etc.

One quick ask though, is there any chance the Data switch could be made to work for the GSM Version of the Pre which I've got as im in the UK and its only just been released!

Thanks in advance
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwilliams View Post

One quick ask though, is there any chance the Data switch could be made to work for the GSM Version of the Pre which I've got as im in the UK and its only just been released!
    When you guys get the WebOS 1.3.x update it should start working for you. The ability to toggle data showed up in WebOS 1.2.x update. I think your running 1.1.3???
    When you guys get the WebOS 1.3.x update it should start working for you. The ability to toggle data showed up in WebOS 1.2.x update. I think your running 1.1.3???
    We are indeed! Wish they'd hurry up and get the updates out. Want to see how much more this puppy can do
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    @gobanjoboy - That's looking Real Good!
    I agree, I really like the new look.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    SysMan - System Manager (got this one from OpenVMS)
    SysMan has my vote.
    Sorry, I joined this discussion late, but I was wondering, does anyone else have problems with the GPS? I keep trying to switch it on, and it switches itself off after a few seconds. The tray button won't even let me switch it on at all.

Love the app! Just want this one bug fixed!
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by ykashiwabara View Post
    Sorry, I joined this discussion late, but I was wondering, does anyone else have problems with the GPS? I keep trying to switch it on, and it switches itself off after a few seconds. The tray button won't even let me switch it on at all.

Love the app! Just want this one bug fixed!
    What OS version are you running?
    What Version of this app are you running?
    OS version 1.2.1
    Version 0.6.2
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by ykashiwabara View Post
    OS version 1.2.1
    Version 0.6.2
    Palm's location services app does not update live. Have you closed that card and reopened to see if it sees the change?
    Last edited by gobanjoboy; 10/20/2009 at 08:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Wow! it is awesome.
    so when will this update be coming out?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Maybe you could call it PREferences

Keep up the good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by karishbhr View Post
    Maybe you could call it PREferences

Keep up the good work.
    Definitely the best one yet. Love it
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    so when will this update be coming out?
    I do not have an ETA yet, but it should not be too far way.
    I do not have an ETA yet, but it should not be too far way.
    awesome cant w8...thanks for the reply btw thought my post was ignored
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast