Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    There is a Tray Mode on/off toggle but even when I turn it off the next time the program opens it is on again. Is there a way to keep it off? I want to keep the app in the launcher task bar and not always go in tray mode.

Also is there a purpose to the icon on the left side of the tray mode?
    Tray Mode on/off toggle... is on again by design. This will not be the case in the next release, now that there is an option to start up in tray mode.

Currently the icon to the left on the dashboard does not do anything, but I have plans for it.
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoc View Post
    I get the impression that it really taxes my battery in tray mode, which is interesting, given that I've seen a few people say the opposite. It could be my imagination, as I haven't actually yet tested the theory. If it continues to give me this impression i'll give it a test to see how much of an impact it's having on my phone.
    This shouldn't be the case. Let me know what you find out.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Amazing - exactly the app I was looking for. My battery life is amazing when I turn off data when I don't need it!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Great app. Here's another vote for the roam only toggle in here.
    That'd make it functionally complete for me.

On the long term wishlist.
    I do very much like the idea of a timer, especially for turning data off.
    I currently use the battery saver app to switch to Airplane mode
    at night 20-30 minutes after I go to bed, to shut off my internet
    streaming music, so it doesn't suck my battery dry. I'd much prefer a
    simple sleep timer to kill data.

ian
    Love this app! As with many of the early apps, you wonder why Palm didn't do this right from the start.

I'm running v0.6.2. Had an issue with the WiFi refusing to shift from On to Off. Ended up using the toggle from the home scree using Palm's pulldown. Then when I tried to shift back using the app in Tray mode, my WiFi password was gone.

I do need to run through this a couple more times to prove repeatability, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    Tray Mode on/off toggle... is on again by design. This will not be the case in the next release, now that there is an option to start up in tray mode.

Currently the icon to the left on the dashboard does not do anything, but I have plans for it.
    Thanks for the reply. I am glad that will be changed, thanks.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    Brightness mode settings, is that the same as the settings on the Screen & Lock settings?
    I was wondering the same thing...?
    I love how easy this app makes turning all of this stuff off and on. I am with everyone else who suggested adding a timer onto this... at least for me, it would then replace that Battery Saver app (which is already awesome in and of itself). This could really replace all of those other toggling/timer-based apps. Great job on this!
    Okay, this is definitely a well-done application, don't get me wrong... but I have to ask... is this really better than adding these things to the device menu that comes down from the top right corner? I'd think it'd be better served to add data and GPS to that menu rather than a separate application for this, but that's just me.
    Jhoff, to each, their own. If he gets around to profiles and timed profiles, then yes, it's WAY WAY better than any other method. My goal, as is most working folks, is to automate and streamline the mundane things in their life. Digging thru several menus and/or clicking 4+ different little apps to toggle things on and off is just one more way to do it. Small save sure, but still a save.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Okay, this is definitely a well-done application, don't get me wrong... but I have to ask... is this really better than adding these things to the device menu that comes down from the top right corner? I'd think it'd be better served to add data and GPS to that menu rather than a separate application for this, but that's just me.
    I agree. I love this app, but I would rather have more options added to the drop down, such as this patch to add a phone toggle:

I wish someone would just create similar patches to add gps and data toggles to this drop down. In preware, I see the maintainer of this patch is pEEf and the homepage is webos-internals.org, but I don't see how to contact him. Anyone know?
    Last edited by cwgtex; 10/11/2009 at 09:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    The problem with using patches and adding stuff like this to the various
    system menus is that any OS update breaks one or all of the patches
    and they have to be redone all from scratch. If you have an app like this
    one with all the functionality in one place, then it generally works
    fine both before and after an OS update, since it has hooks directly
    into the functionality rather than to the menus themselves.

ian
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    The problem with using patches and adding stuff like this to the various
    system menus is that any OS update breaks one or all of the patches
    and they have to be redone all from scratch. If you have an app like this
    one with all the functionality in one place, then it generally works
    fine both before and after an OS update, since it has hooks directly
    into the functionality rather than to the menus themselves.

ian
    Too easy, use preware to uninstall the patch before a webos update, then reinstall afterwards. Might have to wait a day or two for the patch maintainer to update the patch. It goes smoothly with the other 15 or so patches I have.
  14.    #114  
    Why would someone want to toggle the phone radio off with another button other then using an Airplane Mode toggle button?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Why would someone want to toggle the phone radio off with another button other then using an Airplane Mode toggle button?
    I'd guess so they'd just use WiFi?

When I have to work in our datacenter, I've got no bars, but WiFi works great. And, at least with my old Treo, trying to find a signal really sucked the life out of the battery...

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    I'd guess so they'd just use WiFi?

When I have to work in our datacenter, I've got no bars, but WiFi works great. And, at least with my old Treo, trying to find a signal really sucked the life out of the battery...

Regards,
    -JerryG
    You can run Wifi in airplane mode though... Once Airplane mode is active you can turn Wifi back on. Same with bluetooth.
    lol, Jerry, we have the same datacenter to work in???? Wifi, BT for my speakers, no phone signal.
    You can run Wifi in airplane mode though... Once Airplane mode is active you can turn Wifi back on. Same with bluetooth.
    yeah but by having phone "off" you don't have to manually turn on wifi..with airplane mode you do
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

everyone has mentioned timers... how about location based settings?

'Global'
    'Custom'
    'Home'

and state-dependant
    'charging'
    'over 75% batt'

etc...

Then add profiles that can be switched. Now we're talking a VERY useful app worth a pretty penny in my book.
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah but by having phone "off" you don't have to manually turn on wifi..with airplane mode you do
    Sure... I think that in a scenario like that, I will just let the user create that feature with a user profile settings. I don't know... I'm really not looking to go to far outside Palms "box".. for stability reasons.