Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    The bluetooth appears to only toggle one way, either on or off depending on whichever it was when the app was opened. Once the toggle is activated or deactivated any subsequent toggle of bluetooth does not work (unless as mentioned you close the app and restart it, which isn't a true toggle).

Bluetooth is the only one of the included toggles that I'd switch on and off regularly during the day. I often lose the connection with my various headsets and find that turning bluetooth on and off is the quickest way to reset the connection. So I was looking forward to this app. Good Idea, just needs some work.

Thanks!
    Thanks for your feed back. I will take a look and address this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    The bluetooth appears to only toggle one way, either on or off depending on whichever it was when the app was opened. Once the toggle is activated or deactivated any subsequent toggle of bluetooth does not work (unless as mentioned you close the app and restart it, which isn't a true toggle).

Bluetooth is the only one of the included toggles that I'd switch on and off regularly during the day. I often lose the connection with my various headsets and find that turning bluetooth on and off is the quickest way to reset the connection. So I was looking forward to this app. Good Idea, just needs some work.

Thanks!

Are you sure this is the app though? 1.2 introduced a delay timer on bluetooth where it does not let you turn it on and off without waiting a bit.

Try it through the normal pull down menu. Turn off bluetooth and then try and turn it right back on. Can't.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    Are you sure this is the app though? 1.2 introduced a delay timer on bluetooth where it does not let you turn it on and off without waiting a bit.

Try it through the normal pull down menu. Turn off bluetooth and then try and turn it right back on. Can't.
    This is what I just found out. I will need to implement a delay on the toggle switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    This is by design. I have been thinking of changing this now that there is an option to run in tray mode on start up.
    Makes sense... it'd be great if you could implement this change with the next iteration.

The app is fantastic, thanks so much!
  5.    #85  
    I uploaded a new version to address the tap happy bluetooth toggle button problem. No more quick toggle on and off. The bluetooth service does not cycle that fast. You should see the update(0.6.2) once the Mod updates the feed.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I just download this little gem and can't see how I lived without it before.
    This should be the missing link in terms of extending the battery life.

Features Requested (mostly already):

Profiles - possibly linked to GPS/Location - auto on/off
    Phone Radio On/Off
    Schedules/Timer
    Keypad brightness adjustments with Day/Night mode
    Always On Toggle
    Locked Mode Toggle
    Ability to Select Toggles to Display - Possibly even a second row of toggles in Tray
    Mute All Toggle
    EVDO/1x/ROAM toggle

I think this is a wonderful program and look forward to the continued improvements.
    Brightness mode settings, is that the same as the settings on the Screen & Lock settings?
    I love this app!

Over time, you know that we are going to basically ask that you add every possible feature. Sorry. It is just how we are...

For now, maybe keep the controls all on the main screen and just let us scroll down? For instance right now, Brightness is not really a preference about the Quick System Tasks app so Palm would say it should not be in the Preference menu. I know you were just putting it somewhere as you added the features. Could the Brightness settings just be at the bottom of the list on the main screen?

Longer term, the only thing keeping you from adding two dozen controls is screen real estate. They are all just variables that you can set with toggle switches or sliders.

How about if you went with the Preware interface approach. On the main screen you would have a list or areas like:

-------------------------------------
    Profile: _______(dropdown)
    Settings:
    * Radios: Phone, WiFi, GPS, Roam Only, etc.
    * Display: Brightness Day/Night, keyboard, etc.
    * Sounds: Ring, Alert, Notification, Vibrate When Silent
    * Schedule: Time On
    -------------------------------------

Tap Radio, Display, Sound, or Schedule to go to that screen. To keep it simple at first make it just On/Off except brightness settings.

At first, it might only have one Profile, Normal, until you get Profiles set up. Some sample Profiles it might come with:
    * Normal (All On at 6:00 AM?)
    * Sleep (Everything off at 11:00 PM?)
    * Meeting (Phone Off, All sounds off)
    * Charger (All On, keep Display on)
    * WiFi (WiFi On, Data Off, etc.)
    * Battery Saver - Phone Only
    * Battery Saver - Email Only
    * Battery Saver - PDA Only

Each profile could be edited. If no profile is set for this time, use Normal.

Each sample Profile is customizable or deletable. Under the Profile dropdown, one option would be New Profile.

As you look ahead, * Schedule: Time On could be *Trigger: Time or location. So when a student gets close to school it goes to the Meeting Profile so he does not end up going to see the dean.

I also notice that you are using "com.palm_.app_" in your app name. This app should be in the Palm App Catalog but they will not let you use that name.

The trial version could just offer the Normal Profile and disable the timer and location triggers and gray out many of the settings. Everyone will want the full version. It is 10 apps in one. Maybe $4.99?

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 10/09/2009 at 10:28 AM.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Wow. This is awesome. Many Thanks.

I would suggest that if you plan on implementing all those suggestions, make the card view more like the notifications bar view to make better use of the screen real estate-- remove the on/off slider switches, and implement the colour changing icons, so you can have all the options on one screen without scrolling.

Profiles, with scheduling would put this over the top.
    I see sales potential for this app as well.

Free/trial is manual, paid version has profiles, etc.

I'll be donating anyway as this app already replaced all the cool, individual toggle apps that I had installed. No disrespect to that programmer, but combining them all into 1 easy spot WAS the next logical step!
    funny I seem to be able to turn wifi on off as quick as I want to no problems here, through dropdown that is.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    start in tray mode does not work.in fact you can not launch it at all once i select yes in preferences for start in tray mode.i had to uninstall and than reinstall. one other question. do you think that in a future release that the keyboard brightness can be separated from the screen brightness?
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by morty25 View Post
    start in tray mode does not work.in fact you can not launch it at all once i select yes in preferences for start in tray mode.i had to uninstall and than reinstall. one other question. do you think that in a future release that the keyboard brightness can be separated from the screen brightness?
    Is anyone else having this problem? I can not reproduce it.

morty25 - Does it still do this once you reinstalled?
    Last edited by gobanjoboy; 10/09/2009 at 10:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    love this app! .thank you very much !
    i must agree with some requests ...

The ability to choose which toggle to see in the notification area would be AWESOME !
    And a toggle to switch between EVDO & 1x
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    This app is amazing. I know I already said that but the new revision is very cool as well. I agree with a "screen always on toggle". That would be cool for when i'm working with the phone via the computer or I want it to stay on while I charge it.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    this app's cool.. But I don't like using it in tray mode, and it keeps defaulting that to on.. Anyway to make it remember this preference?

I prefer to just launch it when I need it/have it go away after..

Thanks,
    -mark
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Great App! It makes it so easy to toggle things on/off to save battery. With EVDO off, my battery goes a lot longer! It is nice to just toggle it back on in the dashboard when I need it.

I see a lot of requests for adding various toggles. I like the ones that are there, and especially the ones in the Dashboard.

If you add more toggles, I would suggest creating a way for people to customize which ones they have quick access to in the dashboard. There are obviously only so many that would fit.

Some future suggestions to an app like this:
    Give the ability to set certain profiles (certain items on or off for a given profile)
    Give the option to setting timers to the toggles and profiles
    Smartphone/PDA/MP3 History: Palm III, Handspring Visor, iPaq 37XX, iPaq 41XX, HTC PPC6700 - Current: HTC Mogul, Palm Pre, BB 8830 (work), and 32G iPod Touch 2G (oh yeah, wife's BB Curve).
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    I love this app!

I also notice that you are using "com.palm_.app_" in your app name. This app should be in the Palm App Catalog but they will not let you use that name.

The trial version could just offer the Normal Profile and disable the timer and location triggers and gray out many of the settings. Everyone will want the full version. It is 10 apps in one. Maybe $4.99?

- Craig
    Milominderbinder,

I wish I could submit it to the Palm Catalog, but according to Palm's Application Content Criteria/Technical Criteria - ["The application does not use undocumented webOS APIs or other capabilities outside the scope of the public Mojo SDK"] my app would not pass inspection.

If you have any connections with Palm that could help me bypass their public SDK agreement, be sure to let me know
    There is a Tray Mode on/off toggle but even when I turn it off the next time the program opens it is on again. Is there a way to keep it off? I want to keep the app in the launcher task bar and not always go in tray mode.

Also is there a purpose to the icon on the left side of the tray mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by daze20 View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing this:

When you set "tray mode" to "no", close the app and reopen.... the tray mode is being reset to "yes".
    +1

Very nice work on this app!!

I get the impression that it really taxes my battery in tray mode, which is interesting, given that I've seen a few people say the opposite. It could be my imagination, as I haven't actually yet tested the theory. If it continues to give me this impression i'll give it a test to see how much of an impact it's having on my phone.
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast