Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233 LastLast
  1.    #621  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Just noticed this:

With QST loaded in card view if i start Wifi from the top bar menu the application does not update. It shows that wifi is still off.

If i close the app and restart it shows that wifi is enabled.

Yea, I based that on predicted usage. I didn't figure people would be toggle wifi on and off in more than one spot. I could have it monitor wifi status realtime, but opted not to do that anymore because it's a drain on the battery.
    Any chance of getting an update that will disable the exhibition mode in 2.1? My screen is staying on all night again, which is so annoying...
    Any chance of getting an update that will disable the exhibition mode in 2.1? My screen is staying on all night again, which is so annoying...
    Have you tried Mode Switcher
    Last edited by ChasT; 03/15/2011 at 12:08 PM.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  4.    #624  
    I plan to look into this. I am stuck on a Sprint Pre right now and don't have access to webOS 2.x that everyone else is using.
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    I plan to look into this. I am stuck on a Sprint Pre right now and don't have access to webOS 2.x that everyone else is using.
    I'm on a VZW Pre+, and followed the instructions created by Webos-Internals: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

Your phone is definitely upgradeable, though it is not officially supported.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Have you tried Mode Switcher
    Is the Alpha usable? Since i'm on 2.1 i'm hesitant to use the 1.x...
    I really love this app.
    mode switcher won't turn off the screen yet unless I am missing a setting. I have gotten to where I just plug up to the usb and put it on the night stand. I can't figure out the setting for qst either.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    mode switcher won't turn off the screen yet unless I am missing a setting. I have gotten to where I just plug up to the usb and put it on the night stand. I can't figure out the setting for qst either.
    so USB doesn't initiate exhibition mode? Sounds like a way to trick the phone...
    no it doesn't I can sleep throughout the night without my phone coming on to exhibition mode.
    To turn off the screen during Exhibition mode, press the power button.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    To turn off the screen during Exhibition mode, press the power button.
    Thanks for the reply, however, there seems to be a bug where the phone turns itself back on after i have done this. Not sure what the cause is, but every morning i find my screen back on. This is a bit off topic for this thread, but i had posted the question here because QST solved the screen always on problem on 1.4.5.
    Thanks for the reply, however, there seems to be a bug where the phone turns itself back on after i have done this. Not sure what the cause is, but every morning i find my screen back on. This is a bit off topic for this thread, but i had posted the question here because QST solved the screen always on problem on 1.4.5.
    I've also noticed the same thing. It randomly happens and also turns on when Software Manager notifies there are new app updates.
    The screen comes back on after a notification wakes it up - any kind of notification - and then it won't return to it's turned off state. I was really hoping QST handled this too.

Are we gonna have to upgrade gobanjoboy's Sprint Pre for him so he can look into 2.1?
    I've created a patch request thread for keeping the screen off in exhibition mode: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...tion-mode.html

Edit: this has been partly solved by a new exhibition app called "nightstand" see the above post for more info.
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 03/23/2011 at 06:50 AM.
    I'm reporting that when my webOS 2.1 Pre- is in Exhibition mode and I manually turn off the screen, the keyboard light stays on. A way to prevent this is by closing QST.
    Gobanjoboy, so how's development on Quick System Tasks? Do you plan on creating an Enyo version of the app?
    Gobanjoboy, so how's development on Quick System Tasks? Do you plan on creating an Enyo version of the app?
    I'm curious about this too. This is one of my standby apps, and i'd love to see an update.
  19.    #639  
    Yes I still plan on creating a Enyo version of QST. Enyo is still in beta, and I don't have a real Enyo device to test against so.... When is unknown right now.
    I love the app - but I would love it more if we could have more than ON/OFF for toggle settings. I would like to have the option to have the toggle support three settings (LOW/MED/HIGH) and the option to switch back to two in the settings.

The idea is that like a touch lamp you would just toggle through the settings. My problem is that at night I need nearly 0% screen, 30-40% keyboard; in the day outside I need 100% screen / 0% keyboard; and in the regular office setting about 50% of each. Today I do this by loading brightness unlinked along with QST but it's a pain compared to a quick toggle.