Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scottitude View Post
    Device info says I have 5.8 GB available. Tried the Preware install and it also failed. "unable to run command...requested URL returned error: 403". I'll try to DL through web browser, I guess.

ETA:
    Okay, great program, simple install/update; ***** user

I rebooted the Pre, plugged it into my PC, hit "charge only" and WOSQI installed QST instantly! Either it was the reboot or my fat finger hit USB mode earlier. Either way, the most useful Pre app ever written is back at my fingertips!

Thanks for holding my hand and not calling me an *****.

Don't feel bad scottitude I just did the same thing.

Thanks for updating your post with the solution!
    i have to remove old version or i can install the ipk over the old QST?

EDIT: i have removed the old version downloaded the ipk and installed it with preware, works fine
    Last edited by Torakiki76; 01/05/2011 at 07:37 PM.
    My Pre started freezing: I can move between cards already opened but cannot open new ones and in each card opened nothing happens. The only change that I made was to remove the old version and installed the new one. Do you think can be something related to this pach? Should I remove and install it again? For now Iḿ removing the battery but sooner or latter the problem arrives again. Thanks. BTW this is a great patch and I need it because I must block 3G connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    My Pre started freezing: I can move between cards already opened but cannot open new ones and in each card opened nothing happens. The only change that I made was to remove the old version and installed the new one. Do you think can be something related to this pach? Should I remove and install it again? For now Iḿ removing the battery but sooner or latter the problem arrives again. Thanks. BTW this is a great patch and I need it because I must block 3G connection.
    Quick System Tasks is an application, not a patch, so it shouldn't be causing freezing, unless it had a memory leak, but then more people would report freezing. The freezing is probably caused by something else you downloaded or the apps that you open.
  5.    #605  
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    The is nothing new in this new version other than, I reset the expiration date.
    Help - Can't reinstall QST nor any other app that lets me turn off the data radio and thus ny Pre dies after about 3 hoursor even less! It will last at 10 hours or longer with the data radio off.
    I saw some used InternalZ to install QST - but InternalZ also will not load.
    QST eror logs is:
    well I just now went to try to reload it - If I have tried 5 times I have tried 20! - in order to get the log to post here and you know what?!?!
    It finally Installed!!!
    Thank You Thank You Thank You!!
    first, thanks for the great app.

though, funny story, the touchscreen of my pre is half brocken, exactly the complete right side. so i am not able to toggle any of the functions.

would it be possible to make the app turn upside down with the pre so i could actually access all the functions? Thanks alot...
  8.    #608  
    Quote Originally Posted by celphi View Post
    first, thanks for the great app.

though, funny story, the touchscreen of my pre is half brocken, exactly the complete right side. so i am not able to toggle any of the functions.

would it be possible to make the app turn upside down with the pre so i could actually access all the functions? Thanks alot...
    Enjoy.. you can now flip your phone around.

To All,

The new version also has the expiration date removed all together. Being that this app will no longer see any major updates, I don't see forcing anyone to update necessary. Once HP has released their new SDK framework, I will be rewriting QuickSystemTasks as a new app, "QST".

Would have been rewritten the app already, but I have been working on a new project recake.com.
    Hello,
    The touchstone screen off does not seem to work. Tried in card mode and dashboard mode and nothing, lock/time screen stays on. Tried to install/reinstall, nothing. Did not have a previous version installed. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
  10.    #610  
    Quote Originally Posted by push2shock View Post
    Hello,
    The touchstone screen off does not seem to work. Tried in card mode and dashboard mode and nothing, lock/time screen stays on. Tried to install/reinstall, nothing. Did not have a previous version installed. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
    QST does not run in the background. If that app is not in card mode or running in dashbaord mode, it won't know that phone is on the touchstone when you put the phone on the touchstone.

Won't work : QST not running, put phone on touchstone, then open QST.

Will work : QST is running. Put phone on touchstone.

QST was design to stay open in dashboard mode. It does not rely on any patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    To All,

The new version also has the expiration date removed all together. Being that this app will no longer see any major updates, I don't see forcing anyone to update necessary. Once HP has released their new SDK framework, I will be rewriting QuickSystemTasks as a new app, "QST".

Would have been rewritten the app already, but I have been working on a new project recake.com.
    Thanks for the new version (and this app in general).
    I downloaded the latest version, and though I didn't notice this immediately, I now see that I only have 4 icons in my ribbon, with the phone icon gone. I have done a shut down/battery pull with the same results. I have not made any other changes. So a couple questions:
    -has anyone else seen this?
    -Is there a way to modify the ribbon to get it back?
    I know there is some debate that the phone app shouldn't be there, but for 1 handed operation (not needing to open/type on the keyboard) I find it convenient.

Thanks...
  12.    #612  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    Thanks for the new version (and this app in general).
    I downloaded the latest version, and though I didn't notice this immediately, I now see that I only have 4 icons in my ribbon, with the phone icon gone. I have done a shut down/battery pull with the same results. I have not made any other changes. So a couple questions:
    -has anyone else seen this?
    -Is there a way to modify the ribbon to get it back?
    I know there is some debate that the phone app shouldn't be there, but for 1 handed operation (not needing to open/type on the keyboard) I find it convenient.

Thanks...
    Which ribbon do you speak of? The webOS ribbon?

After a reboot, do you see the phone icon with all the other icons in the launcher? If so, you should be able to drag it back onto the ribbon.

Others have seen this happen. Not because of QST though.
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...unch-wave.html

Phone Dialer Icon Disappeared from Quicklanch - No... - Palm Support Community

Missing Dialer in Menu Bar | webOS Forums
    Which ribbon do you speak of? The webOS ribbon?

After a reboot, do you see the phone icon with all the other icons in the launcher? If so, you should be able to drag it back onto the ribbon.
    I guess others call this the wave bar, per another currently active thread. I did what you recommend above and the phone icon is now in there (didn't know how to edit that).

Thanks...
    Gobanjoboy, what are your plans now for QST after hearing everything from the event?
  15.    #615  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Gobanjoboy, what are your plans now for QST after hearing everything from the event?
    Well, looks like enyo is still pretty far off. I was wanting to create QST in the new framework, but now I don't know.

I am still thinking about layout changes and cross app interfacing ideas. So over all, I'm still thinking about things.
    I have a question, or possible feature request.

I like having no programs in the notification area, as a way of maximizing screen real estate.

would it be possible to add functionality that would make qst available from the top bar? (yes,i know there are patches that sort of do this, but those require 3 or more taps to turn on a radio)

any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
  17.    #617  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I have a question, or possible feature request.

I like having no programs in the notification area, as a way of maximizing screen real estate.

would it be possible to add functionality that would make qst available from the top bar? (yes,i know there are patches that sort of do this, but those require 3 or more taps to turn on a radio)

any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Hey NickVTPre, Thanks for the feed back! The short answer is no. This would require a patch. As I have stated before; currently QST will never come in the form of a patch. This insures that QST's functionality works the same across all devices. Being that this is a free app, I don't have the time to update a complicated patch every time a a system update comes out. Sorry to disappoint but this is how things are for now.
    Hey NickVTPre, Thanks for the feed back! The short answer is no. This would require a patch. As I have stated before; currently QST will never come in the form of a patch. This insures that QST's functionality works the same across all devices. Being that this is a free app, I don't have the time to update a complicated patch every time a a system update comes out. Sorry to disappoint but this is how things are for now.
    Too bad, but i understand. QST is such a key part of what makes my phone usable.
    Can't wait for the official 2.x version!
    A couple more requests/suggestions:

Having "flashlight" access from QST would be most excellent.

Any way to expand the number of icons in Dashboard mode so that there are 6 or more? perhaps adding two rows of icons?

Thanks again.
    Just noticed this:

With QST loaded in card view if i start Wifi from the top bar menu the application does not update. It shows that wifi is still off.

If i close the app and restart it shows that wifi is enabled.