Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233 LastLast
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    The Beta Version of the App QST has expired. It appears there is no other version. Does anyone know of an app that is close to doing the same things. I particularly like where when charging you phone it would black out the screen and stop calls.
    I don't know what's the reason, but go to Quick System Tasks - BETA | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community and download a new posted version *.ipk from there and install with WOSQI. Works perfectly..........
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    FYI - you need to be *logged in* to see the download link on this page:

Quick System Tasks - BETA | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    I don't know what's the reason, but go to Quick System Tasks - BETA | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community and download a new posted version *.ipk from there and install with WOSQI. Works perfectly..........
    Thanks... Got it re-installed
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

You can also visit the site on the Pre, save the file to the USB drive, and install with Preware!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    The Beta Version of the App QST has expired. It appears there is no other version. Does anyone know of an app that is close to doing the same things. I particularly like where when charging you phone it would black out the screen and stop calls.
    Hi!

I saved the file to my dropbox, used dropboxify to dl to my sprint pre and opened and installed it with Internalz. Love the homebrew!
    Cannot load the appl, get a 403 error, was working perfectly before the expiration, do I need to remove any app or patch ? Please help
  8.    #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by lelesf View Post
    Cannot load the appl, get a 403 error, was working perfectly before the expiration, do I need to remove any app or patch ? Please help
    For what ever reason the Precentral feed is not getting updated in Preware.

You can download the app from Here
    Tried installing after downloading thro Web os quick install, get an error, server redirected too many times. Any suggestions
    getting the same erors with a few patches as well as QST... Sad face
    Tried everything suggested but keep getting this error:

Any suggestions?
    First login at precentral, and then download Quick System Tasks.
    It works nice.
    Avigo, Palm V, T, TE, T3, TX, Kyocera 7135, Centro, Pre minus, Pre Plus, PRE Ver, PRE 3
  13.    #593  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottitude View Post
    Tried everything suggested but keep getting this error:

Any suggestions?
    Not sure here, but from that error message it seems that installer does not know how much free space you have left on your device.
    Thanks for the reply but I did all that & still get the error message above. Upgraded WOSQI, uninstalled QST, Pre is in dev mode, the whole nine and no go. It's a drag because I used this app 24/7.
  15.    #595  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottitude View Post
    Thanks for the reply but I did all that & still get the error message above. Upgraded WOSQI, uninstalled QST, Pre is in dev mode, the whole nine and no go. It's a drag because I used this app 24/7.
    If you have Preware setup to handle the app package installs you should be able to download it from precentral in the Pre's browser and Preware should try to install the package once it start downloading.
    Device info says I have 5.8 GB available. Tried the Preware install and it also failed. "unable to run command...requested URL returned error: 403". I'll try to DL through web browser, I guess.

ETA:
    Okay, great program, simple install/update; ***** user

I rebooted the Pre, plugged it into my PC, hit "charge only" and WOSQI installed QST instantly! Either it was the reboot or my fat finger hit USB mode earlier. Either way, the most useful Pre app ever written is back at my fingertips!

Thanks for holding my hand and not calling me an *****.
    Last edited by scottitude; 01/04/2011 at 10:07 PM.
    Try downloading it on your computer, transfer it to your Pre via USB mode, then install it with Preware or Internalz.
    Thanks gollyzilla but it looks like it was classic user error. See my edited comments above.

PreCentral members are the best!
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I need to add this app for an auto start after Preset Reset does its thing. However, I need the Application ID, and I can't find it anywhere. Help, please!

TIA
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  20.    #600  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    I need to add this app for an auto start after Preset Reset does its thing. However, I need the Application ID, and I can't find it anywhere. Help, please!

TIA
    com.palm.app.quicksystemtasks