Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by westnoble View Post
    I have down loaded this app to my palm pre but can not get the touchstone s.o. to work. Any ideas or help would be great. It is turned on but still not working. I have restarted my palm and it still does not work.
    Thanks.
    Make sure you lift the phone off the touchstone and place it back on it.
    OK. I'll try it tonight. Thanks!
    I tried this last night and it didn't work. Any other suggestions?
  4.    #524  
    Quote Originally Posted by westnoble View Post
    I have down loaded this app to my palm pre but can not get the touchstone s.o. to work. Any ideas or help would be great. It is turned on but still not working. I have restarted my palm and it still does not work.
    Thanks.
    I'm sorry your having problems getting the Touchstone S.O. working.

How to get this feature to work.

Open QST. Leave QST running. QST must be running in order to this feature to work. Once QST is running turn on this feature. Once this feature is turned on put Pre or Pixi on the touchstone. Hit the power button or just wait for the screen to time out. By default the screen will turn off 5 seconds after the lock screen comes up.
    I love this app. I like that it's simple and can be done from the notifications area. It makes it easy to turn off 3G when I don't want to burn my data plan. Thanks for the great app!
    YES!!! That worked. THANK YOU!!!!
    Can you update us on your progress of the rewrite please?
    is there anyway to incorperate brightness unlinked into the app? Or atleast put in an option to let brightness unlinked manage screen and keyboard brightness? I seem to have aproblem where your app will makemy keyboard go black no matter what setting I use in your app.
    Holy shi........!! I was just IMAGINE some kind of app that could do all this without using a Patch (I just canīt get them to work).
    I will try it right now and play with it a while befores coments.

Just one question.... Why It says WebOS 1.3.x? No 1.4.5 supported? I have 1.4.5 and willt try it all nigth.

GREAT - AWESOME JOB !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bolija View Post
    Holy shi........!! I was just IMAGINE some kind of app that could do all this without using a Patch (I just canīt get them to work).
    I will try it right now and play with it a while befores coments.

Just one question.... Why It says WebOS 1.3.x? No 1.4.5 supported? I have 1.4.5 and willt try it all nigth.

GREAT - AWESOME JOB !!!!
    Quick System Tasks is an application so it can work on the current or future webOS firmware version.
  11.    #531  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Can you update us on your progress of the rewrite please?
    Sorry guys, I have been unrealistically busy lately with my real job. The rewrite was put on hold while I finished up a another webOS app that I can not talk about because of an NDA. Rest assured that I plan to finish the rewrite. No ETA yet though.. sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    Sorry guys, I have been unrealistically busy lately with my real job. The rewrite was put on hold while I finished up a another webOS app that I can not talk about because of an NDA. Rest assured that I plan to finish the rewrite. No ETA yet though.. sorry.
    No worries. Take your time. I think people understand that homebrew developers do all have lives and others jobs. I'm just discovering the current version of QST... I 'spose I'm late to the party Good luck!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Shameless plug: For more of my thoughts, ideas, sarcastic remarks, and other things you're probably better off not not thinking about, follow me on Twitter
    I LOVE this app, and after using it for a month, cannot use my phone without this app. I just have a couple querells with it. I know that the supported device listed is a palm pre, and I use a pixi plus, so not everything is going to work, but could you add a way to turn brightness control completely off? When I try to use brightness control, no matter what settings I use, the backlit keyboard never turns on when this app is running. When I close the app and re-turn on my phone, the backlight turns on...

If there was some way to have this app not effect the brightness on the pixi, it would be perfect for me. That's pretty much my only problem with this app. Everything else is great.
  14.    #534  
    Quote Originally Posted by microapple View Post
    I LOVE this app, and after using it for a month, cannot use my phone without this app. I just have a couple querells with it. I know that the supported device listed is a palm pre, and I use a pixi plus, so not everything is going to work, but could you add a way to turn brightness control completely off? When I try to use brightness control, no matter what settings I use, the backlit keyboard never turns on when this app is running. When I close the app and re-turn on my phone, the backlight turns on...

If there was some way to have this app not effect the brightness on the pixi, it would be perfect for me. That's pretty much my only problem with this app. Everything else is great.
    Thanks for this feed back. I'll see what I can do for you and other Pixi users.
    Quote Originally Posted by microapple View Post
    could you add a way to turn brightness control completely off? When I try to use brightness control, no matter what settings I use, the backlit keyboard never turns on when this app is running. When I close the app and re-turn on my phone, the backlight turns on...
    Are you perhaps also running Mode Switcher? If so, there is a known conflict between the two regarding keylights. Until the two developers get together to figure how to make their applications cooperate you'll have to choose one or the other.

Personally, I prefer QST because of its clean, no-patches design over the much more complicated (and in my experience, unstable) Mode Switcher. As for me: I'm holding out for the "profiles" feature to be added to QST.

/john
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeefe1 View Post
    Are you perhaps also running Mode Switcher? If so, there is a known conflict between the two regarding keylights. Until the two developers get together to figure how to make their applications cooperate you'll have to choose one or the other.

Personally, I prefer QST because of its clean, no-patches design over the much more complicated (and in my experience, unstable) Mode Switcher. As for me: I'm holding out for the "profiles" feature to be added to QST.

/john
    Yeah, not running mode switcher or any other app that would/should change the keyboard brightness.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    gobanjoboy,

I decided to give your app a try after learning about it and I have to say I'm impressed. It's an amazing app with a bunch of functionality. Between BT, WiFi, airplane mode and changing brightness levels I was forever digging around menus for these. And I was using Brightness Unlinked for my touchstone blanking, and manually turning off LED notifications.

Wow, this does it all. And I can customize it to put what I want in the tray.

Thanks a ton! This makes a lot of repetitive changes easy to do. I give it 5 thumbs up!

Last edited by jp99; 08/30/2010 at 07:53 AM. Reason: typo correction
    i love QST!
    i like this alot i will be taking the gps and data toggles out of my top menu and using this app.
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    hello,

a big thank you for this wonderful application that I use every day.

Unfortunately I am denied yesterday with the following message: "Time Expired"

how?

good day everyone and congratulations to this site

ps: sorry I do not practice the English translation google is my friend