Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    Calling for all user input. I am in the process of reworking QST. Now is the time to sound off. Some things to note, Profiles will come in the new updated QST. QST will never come in patch form.

What would you change in QST :
    What would you change about the dashboard view?
    What would you change in the main card view?
    Originally posted in this thread on January 13th:

1. Is it possible to have the app running in the background without the little icon in the notification position, and be able to bring up the launcher by tapping the gesture area? I would prefer to leave that area for notices only requiring my attention.
    2. The icon in the launcher on the left that launches the settings page for your app, can it instead be an up arrow which launches a second launcher area (vertical or horizontal (preferred, closer to thumb)) in which would contain a launcher for your settings and 5 other apps? These could be slightly less used apps than the now 6 on the first row, but yet still critical. And your settings page would be less critical because once set, they need little adjustment.

The icon constantly running has really grown to bug me. Unless there is a legit notification, I don't want anything in the notification bar.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Love the app! It does its job very well.

I would like to be able to schedule on and off times for the various settings - for example: Bluetooth on in the morning so it's ready for my commute to work and through the workday and off at night. I could see where being able to schedule on and off times for a day of the week, all weekdays, weekends only, or every day would be a real battery saver.

Thanks for the app.

/john
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeefe1 View Post
    Love the app! It does its job very well.

I would like to be able to schedule on and off times for the various settings - for example: Bluetooth on in the morning so it's ready for my commute to work and through the workday and off at night. I could see where being able to schedule on and off times for a day of the week, all weekdays, weekends only, or every day would be a real battery saver.

Thanks for the app.

/john
    you should look into Mode Switcher. MS can do that sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Originally posted in this thread on January 13th:

1. Is it possible to have the app running in the background without the little icon in the notification position, and be able to bring up the launcher by tapping the gesture area? I would prefer to leave that area for notices only requiring my attention.
    2. The icon in the launcher on the left that launches the settings page for your app, can it instead be an up arrow which launches a second launcher area (vertical or horizontal (preferred, closer to thumb)) in which would contain a launcher for your settings and 5 other apps? These could be slightly less used apps than the now 6 on the first row, but yet still critical. And your settings page would be less critical because once set, they need little adjustment.

The icon constantly running has really grown to bug me. Unless there is a legit notification, I don't want anything in the notification bar.
    I AGREE! The only thing that bugs me about this app is the notification icon constantly running. Otherwise, this app ROCKS! Hide the icon and reach Nirvana!
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    you should look into Mode Switcher. MS can do that sort of thing.
    I have Mode Switcher - it's still in Beta and is a little quirky to say the least.

The "modes" concept is pretty nice but the triggering is a little awkward and the fact that it's all-or-nothing on the settings (course granularity of control) is less than ideal - setting the Sounds volume controls in MS also wants to replace the ringer or system alert tone. The stated "future" development of the ability to leave certain settings untouched in MS will be a very welcome addition. Also, MS needs the installation of patches to operate correctly but the "required" patches fails to play nice with other installed patches - this is worrisome. I uspect that MS suffers from trying to be the omnibus of apps without doing any one core capability extremely well. Perhaps a step back to a slightly less ambitious app would help MS to peacefully co-exist with other valuable patches and apps from the homebre/app developer community.

Untill MS emerges from beta and is a little better behaved around other patches and apps I'm afraid that I cannot rely on it. (I'll try to keep working with it, but so far it gets in the way as much as it helps.)

It would seem to me that there is a place for both MS and QST on my list of installed apps.

So far though, the fit and finish of QST makes it the better app of the two IMO. The addition of simple profiles to QST would make it a solid keeper forever because its core capability - controllng the state of the various device functions - is rock solid and 100% trustworthy.

That's my $.02 worth anyway.
    Last edited by jkeefe1; 06/08/2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: typos - add more info
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I AGREE! The only thing that bugs me about this app is the notification icon constantly running. Otherwise, this app ROCKS! Hide the icon and reach Nirvana!
    Hold on there - having the icon reminds you that you have a faceless app running on your Pre. Otherwise there is no card for QST and no way to stop it if you should so desire. Or are you saying that you would rather have a card hanging in the system rather than the really elegant "start in tray mode" capability? If it's the latter rather than the former then just turn off the "start in tray mode setting" and the icon disappears (leaving a card open in the system).

Or am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Hold on there - having the icon reminds you that you have a faceless app running on your Pre. Otherwise there is no card for QST and no way to stop it if you should so desire. Or are you saying that you would rather have a card hanging in the system rather than the really elegant "start in tray mode" capability? If it's the latter rather than the former then just turn off the "start in tray mode setting" and the icon disappears (leaving a card open in the system).

I am not sure, really, I know I don't like the icon there all the time, it is annoying to me, some apps don't format well around it, which for regular notices thats fine because you generally take care of them, but this one is there all day. Perhaps have an icon in the launcher to bring up the first row of apps rather than the icon.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Calling for all user input. I am in the process of reworking QST. Now is the time to sound off. Some things to note, Profiles will come in the new updated QST. QST will never come in patch form.

What would you change in QST :
    • I'd add more toggles. The two that come to mind are:
      1. something that controls the roaming feature in phone prefs. I'd like to be able to easily toggle between: Automatic, Sprint Only & Roam Only.
      2. a toggle for keeping the screen always on (e.g. while on the touchstone in a car). Update: oops! This is already there.
    • I'd like a way to develop my own toggles and roll them into the app w/o having to get you to develop them. I'm not afraid of going in and editing a config file to add these. (This is a bit on the far end of the wish list. I don't know how hard it is to do.)

What would you change about the dashboard view?
    • I'd make an option to bring it back up after a swipe away. I don't know if this is possible. But I frequently accidentally swipe away the dashboard. It'd be nice if it automatically recovered from that
    • I'd add another toggle in place of the QST icon. I can start up QST easily enough by just starting the app. I don't need it on the dashboard - 5 toggles isn't enough.
    • I'd add an option for a 2nd dashboard row - 5 toggles isn't enough.

What would you change in the main card view?
    • I'd make the switches a row of 5x5 toggles instead of one toggle per row. (Maybe 4x4 since there are currently only 11 toggles.)

I know you're planning on making profiles. I presume a profile allows me to do more than one thing at once. If so, I'm really looking forward to them. A profile may obviate the need for some of the requests above. With profiles, I probably only need 3 dashboard items for each of my profiles: Work, Home, Car.

Thanks for asking! I *LOVE* QST and would pay money for it from the Catalog. Although I'm guessing that it's not a candidate for the catalog. Is there a donation button somewhere that I haven't yet found? I'd make a donation to encourage further development.
    Last edited by mu7efcer; 06/13/2010 at 03:22 PM.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    For CDMA phones, it turns off the radio that is used for internet traffic. Turning it off when your not needing internet access saves lots of battery. You can still get SMS messages when the Data radio is turned off. I don't know if this is the same for GMS phones though.
    Is there any battery advantage to turning off Cell Data while wifi is on?
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Ok, so when I am at the install screen for this app is says" Device Supported: Palm Pre WebOS 1.3.x. So does that mean it doesnt work for versions after that?
  11.    #511  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    Ok, so when I am at the install screen for this app is says" Device Supported: Palm Pre WebOS 1.3.x. So does that mean it doesnt work for versions after that?
    It works with 1.4.x also.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    What a great app, and I can't wait to see what's next... I have a feature request, (and I may be in the minority here, I know...)

When I'm at my desk, I don't want the Pre to go to sleep... No prob. check "no sleep" - perfect. ...except for the fact "no sleep" works all the time, and I keep forgetting that, finding the battery drained a few hours after removing it from the Touchstone, because the screen has been on the whole time.

So is it possible to have an additional option within "No Sleep" for: "while on Touchstone only". ...that way, the Pre will stay on, and unlocked on the Touchstone, but will "sleep" as per the screen lock settings when off the Touchstone.
    I just started using the app, is there a way to change what is in the dashboard icons. Eg, i dont need cellphone data as a toggle, but do need 2g only as one?
  14.    #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I just started using the app, is there a way to change what is in the dashboard icons. Eg, i dont need cellphone data as a toggle, but do need 2g only as one?
    Yes, you can remove and add new items using 'Dashboard Items' in Perferences.
  15.    #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    What a great app, and I can't wait to see what's next... I have a feature request, (and I may be in the minority here, I know...)

When I'm at my desk, I don't want the Pre to go to sleep... No prob. check "no sleep" - perfect. ...except for the fact "no sleep" works all the time, and I keep forgetting that, finding the battery drained a few hours after removing it from the Touchstone, because the screen has been on the whole time.

So is it possible to have an additional option within "No Sleep" for: "while on Touchstone only". ...that way, the Pre will stay on, and unlocked on the Touchstone, but will "sleep" as per the screen lock settings when off the Touchstone.
    I will keep this idea in mind while I am writing the new version of QST.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post

Also adding a timer to the "No Sleep" feature would be great! (ie. No Sleep for: 15, 30, 45 60 mins., etc.)

Once, I turn on the settings I desire, I want to totally hide QST. I would have no problem having to relaunch QST to adjust my settings. I like to see a completely empty "desktop".
  18.    #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Once, I turn on the settings I desire, I want to totally hide QST. I would have no problem having to relaunch QST to adjust my settings. I like to see a completely empty "desktop".
    QST gives you the option to run in Dashboard mode, but it does not run faceless anymore.
    QST gives you the option to run in Dashboard mode, but it does not run faceless anymore.
    Yes, I understand that. Is it possible to make it run faceless again as an option? Other than this annoyance, the app ROCKS!
    I have down loaded this app to my palm pre but can not get the touchstone s.o. to work. Any ideas or help would be great. It is turned on but still not working. I have restarted my palm and it still does not work.
    Thanks.