Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Hey, thanks for this, I was looking for something that would let me toggle to 2g only if I wanted/needed it, and this is great. One complaint though. When the screen is off, and I push the power button to turn it back on, I see the little screen unlock button as usual, but instead of the background, I get the view that I was last at with the unlock button on top of that instead of the nice background with the unlock button. I do have some other patches and stuff installed, could it be a conflict somewhere? I'd like my nice background back on the lock screen if I could...

UPDATE: Interesting. I had a Luna crash, and when it came back up it was fine as expected showing the background.
    Last edited by Drizzt321; 05/20/2010 at 05:40 PM.
  2.    #482  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt321 View Post
    Hey, thanks for this, I was looking for something that would let me toggle to 2g only if I wanted/needed it, and this is great. One complaint though. When the screen is off, and I push the power button to turn it back on, I see the little screen unlock button as usual, but instead of the background, I get the view that I was last at with the unlock button on top of that instead of the nice background with the unlock button. I do have some other patches and stuff installed, could it be a conflict somewhere? I'd like my nice background back on the lock screen if I could...

UPDATE: Interesting. I had a Luna crash, and when it came back up it was fine as expected showing the background.
    I know preware can sometimes cause the background/lock issue. Reboot does clean it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    I know preware can sometimes cause the background/lock issue. Reboot does clean it up.
    Ah, ok. I'll keep that in mind if anything gets messed up again.

I'm of 2 minds about having it sit in the tray. I get quick access to some things, but at the same time it's visible on the lock screen when I turn the screen back on which is annoying. I know that has nothing to do with you, it's the way the OS is. I think since I don't normally need those quick toggles, I'll leave it shutdown unless I need it.
  4.    #484  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt321 View Post
    Ah, ok. I'll keep that in mind if anything gets messed up again.

I'm of 2 minds about having it sit in the tray. I get quick access to some things, but at the same time it's visible on the lock screen when I turn the screen back on which is annoying. I know that has nothing to do with you, it's the way the OS is. I think since I don't normally need those quick toggles, I'll leave it shutdown unless I need it.
    I have future plans to let you hide the tray while the phone is locked, but i am not 100% sure what i can do to detect when the phone is locked. I plan to look into it. On the flip side though, if you have the "Dash Lock ByPass" option turned on you can toggle the icons without unlocking your phone... should you find a need for that.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi,

thanks for this great app. Usually when at home, I turn my phone radio and wifi off at night.

I have a feature request:
    A possibility to automatically turn WiFi and/or phone radio off and on at times, that can be specified in the preferences. Like turn it off between 00:30 and turn it on at 6:30a.m. automatically. That would be great

Marcel
    Hello, awesome application. I had a question for you folks: ever since the last webOS patch, anytime you press an app, a card opens up. However, I always want to use Quick System Tasks in tray mode when it opens up.

Is there any way to bypass the card popup, so that it goes straight to tray mode when I tap on the app?

Thanks,

Asim
  7.    #487  
    Quote Originally Posted by AsimAbbasi View Post
    Hello, awesome application. I had a question for you folks: ever since the last webOS patch, anytime you press an app, a card opens up. However, I always want to use Quick System Tasks in tray mode when it opens up.

Is there any way to bypass the card popup, so that it goes straight to tray mode when I tap on the app?

Thanks,

Asim
    No, this is something forced by webOS.
    What is the Cell Data functionality?
  9.    #489  
    For CDMA phones, it turns off the radio that is used for internet traffic. Turning it off when your not needing internet access saves lots of battery. You can still get SMS messages when the Data radio is turned off. I don't know if this is the same for GMS phones though.
    This app is awesome!! Hitting the upper right hand corner and expanding sub menus was a pain. Swiping is so much easier than tapping.

Thank you, thank you!!
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    I just installed QST. I want the lock screen to shut off at night while charging. I have toushstone S.O. turned on. I've tried a luna restart, restarting the phone and turning off the phone. I've tried it with card open and the card closed and the screen lock and clock stay on. The shut off time is set to 5 sec.

What am I doing wrong?
  12.    #492  
    Quote Originally Posted by rckymtntim View Post
    I just installed QST. I want the lock screen to shut off at night while charging. I have toushstone S.O. turned on. I've tried a luna restart, restarting the phone and turning off the phone. I've tried it with card open and the card closed and the screen lock and clock stay on. The shut off time is set to 5 sec.

What am I doing wrong?
    Right now, the app has to be already running when you set it on the touchstone.
    Thanks that did the trick.
  14.    #494  
    Quote Originally Posted by rckymtntim View Post
    Thanks that did the trick.
    No problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    Sorry about that. I uploaded a new version(0.7.8). No one else should have to do a uninstall and reinstall.

Hi gobanjoboy, after a couple months of totally acceptable battery performance for a smartphone, I have been experiencing some "new" battery life problems that I'm convinced are on the battery itself - will know for certain later today/tomorrow. In any case, that set me to reading everything about battery conservation I could find on PreCentral over this past week.

Have tried a bunch of stuff - (reducing periodicity of looking for new eMail/FB/etc., turn off GPS/bluetooth, etc.) and will continue investigating all the rest of the recommendations found in the forums for my own education.

Just downloaded/installed QST version 0.7.8 via Preware about 20 minutes ago. Disabled "Data" from my carrier (Verizon), slapped it down on my TouchStone and my phone charged back up to 100% a heck of a lot faster than it *ever* has before.

Your application simply makes too much sense - definitely a KEEPER until Palm builds those options into their WebOS, (and I wouldn't expect to see that any time soon). My PayPal donation (using the wife's account) should arrive in your account within the hour. THANK YOU!

-=dave=-

Edited: HELP! For folks like me that are using their spouse's PayPal account, (she is setting right next to me), and those who have difficulties reading the WebOS browser, (old eyes), it would be a BIG help if you would add your PayPal DONATE button at the bottom of the original post in this thread.... TIA!

Final Edit:
    I was finally able to log into her account to make an appropriate donation. Still think it would be easier for prospective "Donators" to put the button in the op..

Regards,
    -=dave=-
    Last edited by oldgeekster; 06/03/2010 at 09:33 PM.
  16.    #496  
    Calling for all user input. I am in the process of reworking QST. Now is the time to sound off. Some things to note, Profiles will come in the new updated QST. QST will never come in patch form.

What would you change in QST :
    What would you change about the dashboard view?
    What would you change in the main card view?
    I like QST just the way it is BUT I was wondering if you could expand the idea of QST by creating a toggle that, once pressed, makes the notification area fill the whole screen and show a "desktop" of widgets and app shortcuts. What do you think about this?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    The one feature I miss is the app starter described in earlier posts, but no longer in the app as far as I can tell. I'm now up to 4 apps I start everytime I reboot including QST. It would be nice to start them all in one shot.
    Rgds/Mark M.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
    The one feature I miss is the app starter described in earlier posts, but no longer in the app as far as I can tell. I'm now up to 4 apps I start everytime I reboot including QST. It would be nice to start them all in one shot.
    Mode Switcher can alleviate your problem. I currently make MS open QST after every restart and reboot.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Mode Switcher can alleviate your problem. I currently make MS open QST after every restart and reboot.
    Superb. Thanks much. I'm trying it out and it looks like a closer fit to what I originally got QST for which was the Touchstone screen off. I especially like the way mode switcher can turn off the sound also while on the Touchstone overnight.
    Rgds/Mark M.