Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 654
  1.    #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I've been looking for an app/patch that would turn off the screen while on the touchstone. I've discovered (in the following order) three that do this:
    • Mode Switcher
    • Brightness Unlinked
    • Quick System Tasks
    I've found that my favorite is QST.

    The problem that I'm having is that QST seems to be doing something weird with keyboard brightness. When I turn on "bright" mode, it flashes the keyboard to bright for a moment, then dims it completely. Same thing when I turn off bright mode.

    This despite having set keyboard brightness to 30 in non-bright mode and 50 in bright mode.

    Has anyone else seen this behavior? Is there something that I've got installed that could be causing this? Brightness Unlinked seems to be able to set the brightness settings just fine. But it does so little else compared to QST.

    Any suggestions?
    Okay I think I was able to recreate what you talking about but this is what i did.

    QST is closed. I opened the keyboard. Then I opened QST in tray mode. toggle the lights.. the lights keyboard on then went out. toggled the lights again.. keyboard light came on then off... now I close my keyboard.. open it back up.. the lights are on.. toggle the lights again.. the keyboard lights change but stay on. close and open the keyboard and the lights come on.

    is that what your doing?
  2. #462  
    i've not noticed any keyboard funniness and i run QST 24/7. will keep my eye on it.

    BTW: I LUV QST!!!!
  3. #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    Okay I think I was able to recreate what you talking about but this is what i did.

    QST is closed. I opened the keyboard. Then I opened QST in tray mode. toggle the lights.. the lights keyboard on then went out. toggled the lights again.. keyboard light came on then off... now I close my keyboard.. open it back up.. the lights are on.. toggle the lights again.. the keyboard lights change but stay on. close and open the keyboard and the lights come on.

    is that what your doing?
    i checked and now my pre+ is having this exact behavior.
  4.    #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    i checked and now my pre+ is having this exact behavior.
    Once you close and open the keyboard, does it seem to act normal?
  5. #465  
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    Once you close and open the keyboard, does it seem to act normal?
    yup...i've tried toggling some and the kb light is holding after following your post
  6. #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    Okay I think I was able to recreate what you talking about but this is what i did.

    QST is closed. I opened the keyboard. Then I opened QST in tray mode. toggle the lights.. the lights keyboard on then went out. toggled the lights again.. keyboard light came on then off... now I close my keyboard.. open it back up.. the lights are on.. toggle the lights again.. the keyboard lights change but stay on. close and open the keyboard and the lights come on.

    is that what your doing?
    Yes. But I don't have to do the toggle the lights thing. I set QST to auto start into tray mode. If I start QST after a full application shutdown, and the keyboard open, I only need to put my Pre down for long enough for the screen to dim. Then my keyboard lights go out. As long as I don't close & re-open the keyboard, the kbd lights will stay off. At this point I can toggle the brightness setting in QST, and the keyboard lights will flash for a bit then go blank.

    Until your post, I didn't realize that I could resolve the issue by closing the keyboard and reopening it. I had tried just about everything to figure out how to type in the dark. I kept stopping and restarting QST, but that wouldn't fix it.

    (Sorry it took so long to respond to this. Been a crazy busy day. Thanks for your quick reply.)
    Last edited by mu7efcer; 05/15/2010 at 12:07 AM.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  7. #467  
    Demo period ended now, any new demo or a version to buy yet, please
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  8.    #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Demo period ended now, any new demo or a version to buy yet, please
    I'll see if i can drum up the source code and upload a version with more time.
  9. #469  
    Will this make it to the app catalog? When will system profiles be activated? Just downloaded Sunday to use with my modified 2600 touchstone back to turn off the screen and it works great. I know I am missing something with it so is there a user guide/manual or video available?
  10.    #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Demo period ended now, any new demo or a version to buy yet, please
    Just uploaded a version that has more time. You should be good till Oct 1st.
  11.    #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Will this make it to the app catalog? When will system profiles be activated? Just downloaded Sunday to use with my modified 2600 touchstone back to turn off the screen and it works great. I know I am missing something with it so is there a user guide/manual or video available?
    Unless Palm opens up their private API for their system services, no it will never hit the app catalog.

    I do plan to add profiles. I am currently working on two other webOS app projects right now, so QST has been put on the back burner. After all said and done, I think QST will see a ground up rewrite. QST has performance issues caused by slow HTML SQLite support. All the R&D has been completed, so a full rewrite should not take long. I see profiles being available then.
  12.    #472  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I know I am missing something with it so is there a user guide/manual or video available?
    Not right now. I'll write something up.
  13. #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    Just uploaded a version that has more time. You should be good till Oct 1st.
    Thanks, works a treat
  14. #474  
    my quick system tasks 0.7.0 is timeout today, i uninstall it and download 0.7.7 。but i found that it is still timeout。in WebOSQuickInstall,it is 0.7.7,but in the software,it show me 0.7.0。
    how can i install the new version?
    thanks a lot!
  15. #475  
    that happened to me I uninstalled 7.0 and did a clean reinstall of 7.7 and it works great.
  16. #476  
    It would be great if QST would automagically restart itself after a Luna reset or system boot (similar to Brightness Unlinked).

    This is something that I'm finding I can't do without - and I've only had my AT&T Pre Plus for four days now!

    A big THANK YOU for this application.



    /john
  17.    #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeefe1 View Post
    It would be great if QST would automagically restart itself after a Luna reset or system boot (similar to Brightness Unlinked).

    This is something that I'm finding I can't do without - and I've only had my AT&T Pre Plus for four days now!

    A big THANK YOU for this application.



    /john
    I'm Glad QST is working out for you so far. I have no clue if there are any issues from using it on a AT&T Pre, so let me know if you see any issues.

    I have stated this before and still plan to follow this statement, but I will never put out a feature that requires a patch. Normally from what I have seen, auto start comes from patching a Luna Config file. I think I could pull off scheduled/adhoc reboots through QST where QTS would just schedule it's self to start sometime after reboot.
  18. #478  
    Get Preset Reset. It will reboot your Palm Pre at a specific time on your schedule and launch any applications. I have QST loaded automatically using this application.
    Bill
  19. #479  
    I understand your position on patches.

    Here's another feature request:
    Would it be possible to make the Bluetooth able to be On without being discoverable? In the big bad world out there we can pair trusted devices and once paired discovery is no longer required. Having a timed-toggle to allow discovery when pairing the phone to a PAN network or router would be a great bonus. This just closes a potential security hole that makes me nervous about taking my Pre into an airport with the Bluetooth radio turned on.

    /john
  20.    #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryeva View Post
    my quick system tasks 0.7.0 is timeout today, i uninstall it and download 0.7.7 。but i found that it is still timeout。in WebOSQuickInstall,it is 0.7.7,but in the software,it show me 0.7.0。
    how can i install the new version?
    thanks a lot!
    Sorry about that. I uploaded a new version(0.7.8). No one else should have to do a uninstall and reinstall.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions