Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    What does HotZones do?
  2.    #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    What does HotZones do?
    It will hopefully make using WebOS even more convenient
    Nice answer!
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    I will upload a new version of QST before it expires. I setup kill switch date to make sure there aren't any outdated, broken versions of QST running out there. The new version may or may not have any new features, because I have been working on a new app called HotZones that I may or may not roll QST into.
    Kill Switch Date - a great idea! App.s do have a certain time frame in which they are viable. If a person chooses to run legacy OS etc...then legacy app.s are nice. But at this stage with QST this is a great idea.

Will you be posting to this forum to let us all know about the new vers. and new HotZones app when available?
    This has got to be one of my favorite apps EVER. I hope you keep this up to date and get it to the app store cuz I will definitely pay for it! This is coming from a guy that rarely ever buys apps (mostly because in my opinion, so many are useless or poorly executed).
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quick question. does this work on 1.4.1 Sprint Pre?
  7.    #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    Quick question. does this work on 1.4.1 Sprint Pre?
    yes. I use it myself.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    awesome. thanks, looks like great app, downloading now
    Very useful app; thanks. Will pay for this when it gets to the App Store.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Any forward movement on this app?

Thanks,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    great app !

is it possible to add a "shut off & lock" feature and allow it to be at the tray? its so annoiing to go to the menus to put on passphrase when you only need it once a week. that would be realy fantastic !
    So this is working well with 1.4.1.1? Seems like a great app, haven't installed it yet tho... but would like to.
    Looks nice, wish it was for Pixi to!
    I've noticed that even though the LCD notification toggle is off, the notification light still blinks.
  15.    #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I've noticed that even though the LCD notification toggle is off, the notification light still blinks.
    It seems you are right. They must have changed the API for this. I take a look and get a fix out.
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    It seems you are right. They must have changed the API for this. I take a look and get a fix out.
    Thank you. Also my Pre's touchscreen becomes unresponsive sometimes when it is on the touchstone. A scenario for this would be:

I'm using my phone and I let it shut off the screen by it self. Since QST is set to turn of screen at 5 seconds when on the TS, it does that. I then unlock it and 5 seconds later it switches to the TS lockscreen but the touchscreen is unresponsive. I can press the home button to unlock it, but 5 seconds later it goes back to the TS lockscreen. Then I remove it from the TS and 5 seconds later it turns off the screen, but there are no bugs once it is off the TS.

This only happens occasionally, not all the time it is on the TS.
    Love this app!

Can't wait until some of the bugs get fixed.

Right now, I am finding that the Brightness Toggle is not working correctly. I have both setting for Dark and Bright mode, the keyboard set for 100% but QST is actually making the keyboard brightness 0 (zero) and turning it completely off.

It worked the very first time I tired it but after that it stopped and now no matter what setting I make it the keyboard is at zero. So I did the available 'reset apps' to get everything back to the defaults. Glad that feature was there.

I wish there was a built in Help file, to explain what some of the settings actually mean.

Like, I'm not sure what the Touchstone S.O.S. toggle is for?

Another the cell data and the plan 'data' toggles, I know what the cell data is, that turns of the cellphone data like the WiFi data.

So a simple Help file would be appreciated.

I'm also not sure what 'sticky dashboard' is?

I will read the message thread and I'm sure it will be explained in there somewhere.

It's that I would like to see a built in Help file, that what I am suggesting.

And if we keep the icon in the notifications area all the time, it will make all my other apps have much less space to do there thing.

If I swipe it out of view, then I still have to go to the app to bring it back up.

Maybe have it available in a one of the drop down menus to get quick access to it instead of the notification area.

I think I would like to see it there, in the menus.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

i am LOVING this app! but agree with rlanza, we need more info on the features in this thread.

-data plan toggles between EVDO, Hybrid rev, etc...it's so you can keep you pre+ from switching back and forth between 3g and 1x etc...that kills the battery (in any phone) escpecially when you're like me and live in the country, but still have pretty good signal (just not 3g consistently, it switches off and on off and on) the info about the different data service types are out there but i'd be nice in the thread about QST. like i'd like to know if cell data, wifi, and data usage plan all operate independently or what. like if i have cell data on, wifi on and 1xRTT only which is taking the lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    i am LOVING this app! but agree with rlanza, we need more info on the features in this thread.

-data plan toggles between EVDO, Hybrid rev, etc...it's so you can keep you pre+ from switching back and forth between 3g and 1x etc...that kills the battery (in any phone) escpecially when you're like me and live in the country, but still have pretty good signal (just not 3g consistently, it switches off and on off and on) the info about the different data service types are out there but i'd be nice in the thread about QST. like i'd like to know if cell data, wifi, and data usage plan all operate independently or what. like if i have cell data on, wifi on and 1xRTT only which is taking the lead.
    upon further research i think that for me (low 3G consistency on the farm) hybrid rev 0 should be great. from what i understand it uses 1xRTT and EVDO rev 0 (not EVDO rev A, thats 3g) to manage data/calls. short of getting a giant 2600 seido battery with a f'd up cover that doesn't touchstone OR allow the flash to function properly....
    I've been looking for an app/patch that would turn off the screen while on the touchstone. I've discovered (in the following order) three that do this:
    • Mode Switcher
    • Brightness Unlinked
    • Quick System Tasks
    I've found that my favorite is QST.

The problem that I'm having is that QST seems to be doing something weird with keyboard brightness. When I turn on "bright" mode, it flashes the keyboard to bright for a moment, then dims it completely. Same thing when I turn off bright mode.

This despite having set keyboard brightness to 30 in non-bright mode and 50 in bright mode.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Is there something that I've got installed that could be causing this? Brightness Unlinked seems to be able to set the brightness settings just fine. But it does so little else compared to QST.

Any suggestions?
    Twitter: dullgeek