Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
  1.    #421  
    Quote Originally Posted by adicenzo View Post
    HI, this looks awesome, I don't see a link to download. Can you help me?
    You can find it in Preware. You can also download it from here : http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...k-system-tasks
    Quote Originally Posted by adicenzo View Post
    HI, this looks awesome, I don't see a link to download. Can you help me?
    It's a HomeBrew app, so you need to use 'webOS Quick Install' and/or 'Preware'. ps you need the first to install the second, but the second is easier in the long run

Get started here:
    http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes

BTW, after 22 pages we all know what QST is, is there is no need to quote the whole first post c/w pictures
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    ... You can also download it from here : http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...k-system-tasks
    And then you will need 'webOS Quick Install' on your PC to install it on your Pre/Pixi
    Thought of the day :
  4.    #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by compuseum View Post
    Anyone else getting random Luna-restarts with WebOS 1.4:
    - Pre doesn't turn on and doesn't react to anything.
    - Pressing the on/off-button several times turns the Pre on but leads to a Luna-restart almost instantly.

Deleting QST seems to cure the problem...
    How often are you seeing these restarts?

I'm guessing your running version 0.7.6?
    Not me
    Thought of the day :
  6.    #426  
    - Pre doesn't turn on and doesn't react to anything.
    - Pressing the on/off-button several times turns the Pre on but leads to a Luna-restart almost instantly.

Deleting QST seems to cure the problem...
    Does this happen while QST is running? Because unless you see the card view or the dashboard view, QST does not run in the background anymore.
  7.    #427  
    Had them several times. Always after not using the Pre for more than 20-30 minutes.

It happened with both versions (0.7.4?) and the 0.7.6 - so it might not be caused by QST at all.
    You might take a look at /var/log/messages when it happens.

It sounds to me like some app may have a memory leak and Luna is restarting it's self.. not sure though. There is lots of info in /var/log/messages.
  8.    #428  
    OMG, my "messages" is 13026 lines - not counting the older logs that get archived. So I really have to wait until it happens again...
    Oh come on. It will give you some good reading before bed.
  9.    #429  

I just reinstalled QST and found another (minor) bug: Tactile feedback is not working any more.
    Hmm.. I do not have the same issue.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I am experiencing the same issue that Compuseum posted earlier. Since updating to the latest version of QST (after 1.4 WebOS Update), my Pre is freezing up on the lock screen. The QST Dashboard and Palm Lock icon are there. I can move the lock icon, it disappears, then nothing else can be done on the touch screen or hardware buttons. After about 30-40 seconds, the Pre goes into a Luna Restart and returns to normal. This happened last night and I did not try QST again until a few minutes ago, and the exact same scenario occurred, which leads me to believe it is directly associated with QST. --- Love the app, and I know you're working hard on it, but I believe this is a QST issue. I'm willing to work with you on any testing scenarios you might want me to try. Good Luck!
  11.    #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by drk65 View Post
    I am experiencing the same issue that Compuseum posted earlier. Since updating to the latest version of QST (after 1.4 WebOS Update), my Pre is freezing up on the lock screen. The QST Dashboard and Palm Lock icon are there. I can move the lock icon, it disappears, then nothing else can be done on the touch screen or hardware buttons. After about 30-40 seconds, the Pre goes into a Luna Restart and returns to normal. This happened last night and I did not try QST again until a few minutes ago, and the exact same scenario occurred, which leads me to believe it is directly associated with QST. --- Love the app, and I know you're working hard on it, but I believe this is a QST issue. I'm willing to work with you on any testing scenarios you might want me to try. Good Luck!
    QST does not run in the background anymore. So if you shut it down and run with out it for a couple of days, that would be helpful to see if Luna still restarts its self.. Do you have preware installed? There are lots of reports that the service that preware uses is causing this issue. What Type of Pre are you on? GSM?
    QST does not run in the background anymore. So if you shut it down and run with out it for a couple of days, that would be helpful to see if Luna still restarts its self.. Do you have preware installed? There are lots of reports that the service that preware uses is causing this issue. What Type of Pre are you on? GSM?
    Webos-Internals have already tweeted and confirmed that this is a bug that is Palm's fault. A number of people have been having this issue (me included). Hopefully Palm releases a bug-fixing 1.4.1.
  13.    #433  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Webos-Internals have already tweeted and confirmed that this is a bug that is Palm's fault. A number of people have been having this issue (me included). Hopefully Palm releases a bug-fixing 1.4.1.
    According to Webosinternals it seems to be a bug in the LunaSysMgr.
    They provided a dump (http://pastee.org/qsbaa), but I dont understand that...
    gollyzila & compuseum Thanks for your feed back.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Thanks for the follow-up. To answer your questions...

1. Yes, I have Preware installed and use it daily. I believe I may have had one unvoluntary Luna restart while Preware was open, but don't recall if QST was also running @ the same time.

2. I am on a Palm Pre from Sprint, not GSM.

3. I will not run QST for the next few days, and will post my findings/results here, later this week. FYI - Since posting my issue yesterday, and not running QST since, I have yet to experience another unprompted Luna restart.

I will keep you posted and appreciate your interest in looking into this issue. Thanks!
    I have QST installed on two Pre's (sprint). Last night, the Touchstone SO would not work on either phone. It worked fine the previous night. No settings were changed, no programs added/subtracted to either phone. Any ideas??
  16.    #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by skimedickc View Post
    I have QST installed on two Pre's (sprint). Last night, the Touchstone SO would not work on either phone. It worked fine the previous night. No settings were changed, no programs added/subtracted to either phone. Any ideas??
    Was QST already running when you put them onto the touchstone?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    FWIW, I just noticed that my Pre (1.4/Sprint) wasn't going to sleep on the TS. Was good yesterday. I toggled the TS Sleep button in the dashboard off, then on, and it worked afterwards.

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    I've noticed that my Pre sometimes goes to the Touchstone lock screen during use while on the Touchstone. The thing is it does it after 5 seconds the screen was touched, and I have QST set to turn off screen while on TS after 5 seconds.
    gobanjoboy;

I'm seriously loving this little app.! It does pretty much everything I need in a very neat, clean and speedy fashion. It is due to expire at some point, what will happen then?

A Little Feedback_________________
    I'm running QST 0.7.6 on WebOS 1.4.0 and have noticed that the illumination settings for the keyboard do not stick. If I switch to bright mode the screen gets brighter, and the keyboard too - but then the keyboard shuts off completely. Same thing happens when I switch to dark mode. - My solution is to return to using Brightness Unlinked which is working well under my current configuration.

I have experienced the other issues mentioned - luna restart - and a few other oddities I attribute to being on the bleeding edge with a Meta-Doctored 1.4.0 WebOS, Rooted and in Developer Mode running beta wares.

Thanks for putting this app. together, it makes my life with the Pre much easier!
  20.    #440  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre da Vinci View Post
    gobanjoboy;

I'm seriously loving this little app.! It does pretty much everything I need in a very neat, clean and speedy fashion. It is due to expire at some point, what will happen then?

A Little Feedback_________________
    I'm running QST 0.7.6 on WebOS 1.4.0 and have noticed that the illumination settings for the keyboard do not stick. If I switch to bright mode the screen gets brighter, and the keyboard too - but then the keyboard shuts off completely. Same thing happens when I switch to dark mode. - My solution is to return to using Brightness Unlinked which is working well under my current configuration.

I have experienced the other issues mentioned - luna restart - and a few other oddities I attribute to being on the bleeding edge with a Meta-Doctored 1.4.0 WebOS, Rooted and in Developer Mode running beta wares.

Thanks for putting this app. together, it makes my life with the Pre much easier!

If the screen setting is below 5%, the keyboard lights will not stick if QST does not remain running in either the card view or dashboard view. This is something set by WebOS.

I will upload a new version of QST before it expires. I setup kill switch date to make sure there aren't any outdated, broken versions of QST running out there. The new version may or may not have any new features, because I have been working on a new app called HotZones that I may or may not roll QST into.