Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
  1.    #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    First very quick test with the new version:

~ 3G only kills the Radio for phone calls, 2G is OK for phone calls. Not in 3G area when tested, only G. If you tell your phone to do 3g only and 3g coverage is not available, wouldn't the phone be working as instructed, to only use 3g?

~ Display Modes has broken KB lights completely. Once you go into Dark Mode the KB light go off even if set at 50%, and going back into Bright mode does not bring them back. Luna restart needed to bring back KB lights.Are you using anything else that manages the KB lights[e.g. BU]? Was QST open when this happened? Is anyone else having the same issue?
    ~ GPS switch, tray or Dashboard Mode, toggles GPS on/off OK, but it does not react if you Toggle GPS with another app. So if I turn it on with QST and then turn if off with another app, QST still shows if as On.This is by design. I did this to cut down on system resources used by QST. I guess I'll add it back and then add an option for a resource friendly mode.
    Comments Above
  2.    #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    What happened to "Load App on Startup"? I think this is a "must have" feature.
    Thanks for the continuing development.
    It will be back very soon. I removed it form this release because i'm expanding it's feature set.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Nice app continues to improve, thanks for the continued development. I hope on your radar is still to have a 2nd row of apps. 5 is just a few shy of perfect.

Thanks!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  4.    #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Nice app continues to improve, thanks for the continued development. I hope on your radar is still to have a 2nd row of apps. 5 is just a few shy of perfect.

Thanks!
    This is on the to do list right after profiles, which is up next.
  5.    #365  
    ~ GPS switch, tray or Dashboard Mode, toggles GPS on/off OK, but it does not react if you Toggle GPS with another app. So if I turn it on with QST and then turn if off with another app, QST still shows if as On.
    Okay, I was thinking I had disabled live update for the dashboard, but i was wrong. I only did this for the card view. After looking into this some more. It looks like Palm's service does not offer live updates anymore. Even their GPS app(Location Services) doesn't get live updates on the GPS status. I really don't want to poll the status over and over again. That would just use up CPU cycles and burn battery.
  6.    #366  
    I just uploaded a new update to fix some bugs.

Bugs Fixes :
    GSM toggle issues
    GPS toggle issue in dashboard.
    Slider bug in the Touchstone settings area.

Big thanks to Compuseum! With out his help GSM toggles would have not been possible.
    This app looks great! I had Phone Technician on my Treo and loved it.
    One thing I regularly used was the timed off function for services. I don't need to get email (and email notifications) while I am sleeping. This was a great way to turn that off and on automatically.
    Also, I put my pre on a Touchstone by my bed - the screen is annoyingly bright. If you have dealt with that, wonderful.
  8.    #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by basfcpg View Post
    This app looks great! I had Phone Technician on my Treo and loved it.
    One thing I regularly used was the timed off function for services. I don't need to get email (and email notifications) while I am sleeping. This was a great way to turn that off and on automatically.
    Also, I put my pre on a Touchstone by my bed - the screen is annoyingly bright. If you have dealt with that, wonderful.
    Once I get system profiles up and running you should be able get the results you want.

The app's default setting should turn your screen off in 5 sec(you can change this time) once it goes idle or you hit the power button while it's on the touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    Can you expand on the steps that caused this so I can recreate the problem you are having?
    I have LED notification, WIFI, Brightness,Email, and Tweed in my dashboard. When I try to move one toggle it goes back to where it was OR it switches places with an adjacent toggle. This is very frustrating because I'm not able to have my preferred order or dashboard toggles. I'm surprised no one else is experiencing this bug.

UPDATE:I was lucky enough to get the sequence just perfect after a while of moving the toggles around randomly. But I know that next time I won't be so lucky.
    this app is pretty cool! Thanks
    Hi,

I've this nice app installed in my GSM Pre and will be happy to help with some testing.

After a fast review of 2G & 3G toggles they seem to work OK (will review in depth later on). However, I'm not sure if 2 toggles are actually required. The phone app preferences has only 1 control: auto, 3g only and 2g only, if it was possible it could be enough switching between 3g (and if not available it would use 2g I guess) or 2g (only, which for me is usually enough so as to have mail notifications on the go while saving battery). Will come back to you with some feedback with this.

In addition to this, some other comments:

- Which events are linked with LED notifications (at the time being, I've only tested it with emails): emails, text/IM messages, calls? Does it changes the behaviour when the hw mute switch is on/off or just adds the led blink on top of it?

- I don't get what's the function of "Dash Lock Bypass". What does it exactly do?

- If it was feasible (which I'm not so sure), it would be nice to have the ability to choose not using the dashboard and "invoke" it (or the app itself) with some kind of gesture combination (by tapping the gesture area and something else)

- Definitely, profiles (with the addition of optional time/date defined behaviour) are very interesting. As suggestions:
    * If we are speaking about profiles, therefore some new controls should get into scene: sound (tones,volume,...), autolaunch of apps, ...???
    * it would be nice to allow profile icons to be part of the dashboard (and have the dashboard be shown upon request by a gesture as I commented before).

Think of it the following way: one can define profiles with usual settings for each environment or situation (home: wifi, no cell data, no gps, etc), car (no wifi, bluetooth & auto answer, cell data, gps, loud volume), office/meetings (mute & led notif, no gps, ...) and so on. The once I enter in the new environment, I just invoke the dashboard, select the appropriate profile icon and that's it!!!

Anyway, thank you for your work and I expect to have it available to purchase the app.

PS. I am from Spain. I have managed to download and install the app only from fileCoaster and with some difficulties: 1st download returned install error and the 2nd attemp got it installed (with another install error message, though it works fine). I guess this will be solved once the AppCatalog and other Palm stuff arrives officially to Europe next month!!!

Regards.
  12.    #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I have LED notification, WIFI, Brightness,Email, and Tweed in my dashboard. When I try to move one toggle it goes back to where it was OR it switches places with an adjacent toggle. This is very frustrating because I'm not able to have my preferred order or dashboard toggles. I'm surprised no one else is experiencing this bug.

UPDATE:I was lucky enough to get the sequence just perfect after a while of moving the toggles around randomly. But I know that next time I won't be so lucky.
    If you would like PM your email address and I can debug this bug with you offline.
    A reboot or luna restart scheduler would be nice for this app? Great app and thanks for the work
  14.    #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post

Have you tried re-ordering them at a slower pace? I am wondering if there is timing issue. Meaning, WebOS is still updating the database while you are re-ordering the next item.
  15.    #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by edbbates11 View Post
    A reboot or luna restart scheduler would be nice for this app? Great app and thanks for the work
    I will add this to my to do list.
  16.    #376  
    Registroaplicacion, thanks for your feed back.

After a fast review of 2G & 3G toggles they seem to work OK (will review in depth later on). However, I'm not sure if 2 toggles are actually required. The phone app preferences has only 1 control: auto, 3g only and 2g only, if it was possible it could be enough switching between 3g (and if not available it would use 2g I guess) or 2g (only, which for me is usually enough so as to have mail notifications on the go while saving battery). Will come back to you with some feedback with this.
    This method maybe revisited in the future.

- Which events are linked with LED notifications (at the time being, I've only tested it with emails): emails, text/IM messages, calls? Does it changes the behaviour when the hw mute switch is on/off or just adds the led blink on top of it?
    The mute switch has nothing to do with this. The LED toggle simply allows you to toggle Palm's LED notifications feature which is currently hidden in Screen & Lock app.

- I don't get what's the function of "Dash Lock Bypass". What does it exactly do?
    You can tap buttons in dashboard mode for QST while the phone is locked.

- If it was feasible (which I'm not so sure), it would be nice to have the ability to choose not using the dashboard and "invoke" it (or the app itself) with some kind of gesture combination (by tapping the gesture area and something else)
    Right now, it's not feasible. Someone could write a patch for this if they'd like.

Anyway, thank you for your work and I expect to have it available to purchase the app.

PS. I am from Spain. I have managed to download and install the app only from fileCoaster and with some difficulties: 1st download returned install error and the 2nd attemp got it installed (with another install error message, though it works fine). I guess this will be solved once the AppCatalog and other Palm stuff arrives officially to Europe next month!!!
    At this point, I don't see QST ever being apart of the Palm AppCatalog or at least anytime soon. QST uses alot of undocumented code which makes QST unqualified to be submitted to Palm Store.
    Have you tried re-ordering them at a slower pace? I am wondering if there is timing issue. Meaning, WebOS is still updating the database while you are re-ordering the next item.
    I have but it still switches them.........So I just installed the newest version and i deleted all the toggles except wifi and brightness. I add the LED toggle but it takes the place of the brightness toggle. then i add back the brightness toggle. i move LED to the top of list. So now the list goes like this: LED, WIFI, Brightness. Then I add in Email. Then I add in Tweed. And NO RANDOM SWITCHING!!! Though the LED switching with Brightness was strange. Maybe I got lucky again this time. I do know that I was taking my time in between adding in the toggles and apps as I was typing this.
    Originally Posted by ChasT

~ 3G only kills the Radio for phone calls, 2G is OK for phone calls. Not in 3G area when tested, only G. If you tell your phone to do 3g only and 3g coverage is not available, wouldn't the phone be working as instructed, to only use 3g?
    ~ Display Modes has broken KB lights completely. Once you go into Dark Mode the KB light go off even if set at 50%, and going back into Bright mode does not bring them back. Luna restart needed to bring back KB lights.Are you using anything else that manages the KB lights[e.g. BU]? Was QST open when this happened? Is anyone else having the same issue?

Comments Above
    Looks like I did not understand how the 3G mode worked

I've loaded your newer version and I'm still having the KB lights problem, am I the only one guys?
    No I don't have any patches to do with lights etc, so quite why I'm getting this problem I don't know.
    If I'm really the only one, I might consider removing all my patches, 42, to see if that cures the problem and then try and track down which one it is.

Is no one else getting the problem with KB lights not working ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Okay, I was thinking I had disabled live update for the dashboard, but i was wrong. I only did this for the card view. After looking into this some more. It looks like Palm's service does not offer live updates anymore. Even their GPS app(Location Services) doesn't get live updates on the GPS status. I really don't want to poll the status over and over again. That would just use up CPU cycles and burn battery.
    I hear what you are saying, and no it would not be a good idea to poll the status, as anything which might effect battery life wants to be avoided.

Out of interest there is a request out there for a 'Live' GPS status icon:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...n-top-bar.html
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  20.    #380  
    I hear what you are saying, and no it would not be a good idea to poll the status, as anything which might effect battery life wants to be avoided.

Out of interest there is a request out there for a 'Live' GPS status icon:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...n-top-bar.html
    I created a work around for this in the latest version of QST i uploaded yesterday. This should not be an issue anymore.