Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 654
  1. #301  
    Hey... I'm new to QST. Does running in the system tray use battery power or a noticeable amount of system resources?

    I've been using basic data and gps toggle programs as well as the regular drop down for WiFi and BlueTooth. It's simple, fast and doesn't tax system resources.

    But this is wayyyyy cooler. I just don't want to eat battery in an attempt to save battery.

    -by the way... I did run several searches to see if there was already a posted answer to my question.

    Thanks!
  2. #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    Any QST users out there that use touchstones? I am working on a screen toggle feature that will turn off the screen when the phone is on the touchstone... will it would not happen automatically, but would allow you to turn off the screen. My question to you, would you like a normal toggle button for this or just a large button that would show up in a new row on the dashboard when you had the phone on the charger? Any other ideas?
    I am really anxious for this feature. I have three TS's, desk, car and bedside. I put my Pre on a TS next to my bed at night and even dimmed to the maximum, the screen is so bright in an otherwise dark room, it is distracting. Brightness Unlinked used to have this feature but for some reason, that developer turned it off. Will this toggle you propose also turn off the blinking notification LED? Hopefully it will. It is surprising how much light it gives off in a dark room after my eyes have adjusted to the dark. Considering the questions you asked, I don't see any huge benefit one way or the other but I think I lean to your second alternative. But perhaps I just don't fully understand the two options. A normal toggle button would work fine as long as it could be put onto the QST tray as I assume it would. Considering the large button route you mentioned, would it automatically appear any time the Pre is placed on a TS? That would be a pretty cool way of doing it. Very nice indeed. It would be very easy to get to (minimum number of screen touches) especially when QST isn't running in the dashboard, which for me is most of the time. What would happen if a call or other notification came to the phone while this feature is active? Would the screen stay off? I'd prefer that it stay off until I turn it back on. Thanks for asking for input! This is my favorite app. I love that you are working to make it even better!
  3.    #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Hey... I'm new to QST. Does running in the system tray use battery power or a noticeable amount of system resources?

    I've been using basic data and gps toggle programs as well as the regular drop down for WiFi and BlueTooth. It's simple, fast and doesn't tax system resources.

    But this is wayyyyy cooler. I just don't want to eat battery in an attempt to save battery.

    -by the way... I did run several searches to see if there was already a posted answer to my question.

    Thanks!
    You should see hardly any system resource hit from leaving it in the tray. You should not see any battery hits either. That app is pretty much idle when not being used in the tray.
  4. #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    You should see hardly any system resource hit from leaving it in the tray. You should not see any battery hits either. That app is pretty much idle when not being used in the tray.
    Thanks! One last question... can I swipe the tray away to make it invisible, or do I lose that little bit of screen real estate as long as it's running under cover?

    Thanks again!
  5.    #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Thanks! One last question... can I swipe the tray away to make it invisible, or do I lose that little bit of screen real estate as long as it's running under cover?

    Thanks again!
    if you swipe it away you close the tray mode.
  6. #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    if you swipe it away you close the tray mode.
    Gotcha! Thanks!
  7. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    Any QST users out there that use touchstones? I am working on a screen toggle feature that will turn off the screen when the phone is on the touchstone... will it would not happen automatically, but would allow you to turn off the screen. My question to you, would you like a normal toggle button for this or just a large button that would show up in a new row on the dashboard when you had the phone on the charger? Any other ideas?
    I have a Touchstone... Would it be possible to have an active button on the "clock lock" screen?

    Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  8. licotto's Avatar
    Posts
    471 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    Any QST users out there that use touchstones? I am working on a screen toggle feature that will turn off the screen when the phone is on the touchstone... will it would not happen automatically, but would allow you to turn off the screen. My question to you, would you like a normal toggle button for this or just a large button that would show up in a new row on the dashboard when you had the phone on the charger? Any other ideas?
    I'd prefer something that pops up so it doesn't take a spot I would use more frequently. If there's a way to add something to the Lock screen THAT would be my best option, and the most convenient, I think -that way we don't have to slide to unlock, click on the notify bar, then click on the button....

    Thanks for your work on this -I love having this!
  9.    #309  
    Is there a GSM user that can test out a test build for me? I need to test out some GMS features.
  10. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #310  
    Typically questions asked here get a reply from the dev (gobanjoboy), thus I just want to make sure this was seen, I think these were some good suggestions and I'd just like to know if anyone else does also. Here were my suggestions.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  11.    #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    In one day this has become my most used app, it is already indispensable.

    I have heard about profiles, wow, what function that will bring!

    I have two suggestions:

    1. Is it possible to have the app running in the background without the little icon in the notification position, and be able to bring up the launcher by tapping the gesture area? I would prefer to leave that area for notices only requiring my attention. I am not sure what WebOS can offer in this area. I will keep this in mind though.

    2. The icon in the launcher on the left that launches the settings page for your app, can it instead be an up arrow which launches a second launcher area (vertical or horizontal (preferred, closer to thumb)) in which would contain a launcher for your settings and 5 other apps? These could be slightly less used apps than the now 6 on the first row, but yet still critical. And your settings page would be less critical because once set, they need little adjustment. I have thought about let users add other rows in the dashboard. Your idea of how to do it is good. I will keep in in mind.

    Again, your app is fantastic. I trialed the ActiveCard app, which is now available in the App Catalog for $4.99, it was good but did not have as convenient access to a launcher bar like yours. I was considering running your app and ActiveCard together for a comprehensive desktop but now will wait to see yours develop, perhaps yours will eventually do everything ActiveCard does.

    One of the top 3 or 4 apps out there, hands down.
    Comments above.
  12.    #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by compuseum View Post
    You found one
    I have not forgotten about you. I hope to get to a copy tonight for you to test out for the GSM Pre features.
  13. #313  
    I'm having a problem. I had an app in the toggle taskbar but I uninstalled that app (Tweed). Now there's an empty space (which is expected) but QST doesn't let me add more toggles because it says there are already 5 in the taskbar. Where can I find the toogle database so I can delete it and QST can make a new one?
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I'm having a problem. I had an app in the toggle taskbar but I uninstalled that app (Tweed). Now there's an empty space (which is expected) but QST doesn't let me add more toggles because it says there are already 5 in the taskbar. Where can I find the toogle database so I can delete it and QST can make a new one?
    gollyzila, thanks for the feed back. A fix for this bug is on the way. For the time being you can reset the app to its default settings by using the "Reset App Settings" option from the top left menu under the main Preferences screen.
  15. #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    gollyzila, thanks for the feed back. A fix for this bug is on the way. For the time being you can reset the app to its default settings by using the "Reset App Settings" option from the top left menu under the main Preferences screen.
    Thank you for this information! I didn't find that until you told me about it
  16. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #316  
    Tealspeed by Tealpoint has a monitoring system that automatically loads up the app in the dashboard in the event of a reboot. Is there any way you can implement this feature?
  17.    #317  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Tealspeed by Tealpoint has a monitoring system that automatically loads up the app in the dashboard in the event of a reboot. Is there any way you can implement this feature?
    So every time you reboot Tealspeed auto starts?
    Last edited by gobanjoboy; 01/27/2010 at 09:20 AM.
  18. #318  
    Hey gobanjoboy, I just wanted to say I'm using this app and it is absolutely awesome. I appreciate your work in going into it and just wanted to say thanks? Will this ever hit the app catolog?
  19.    #319  
    Hello everyone, I just uploaded a new version[0.7.3]. It has new features a long with some bug fixes. Please let me know if you have any issues.

    Note:
    As long as I am actively building new features into QST you will see the app settings reset upon upgrades.

    SOME NEW FEATURES :
    Magic App Starter - Start multiple apps when you launch QST.
    NoSleep - Screen does not go to sleep.
    PhoneRadio - Turn the phone radio off.
  20. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    So every time you reboot Tealspeed auto starts?
    Yes, within a few minutes of booting WebOs, the dashboard icons appear. If you read their description in the app catalog, they call it a 15 minute watchdog timer or something like that...downloading new version now if available, multiple app launch sounds great!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions