Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    one of my favorite apps..
    thanks very much
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    please be gentle when you start charging... this is a must-have app and definitely worth paying for.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I can't believe that I am just now seein this app...It rocks!...

If you are still takin New Name Suggestions:
    ToggleAnything would get my attention...
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    PS. Since you figured out how to unhook the kbd and screen brightness, one of the features we were hopin for in Brightness Unlinked was the ability to hit the sym key to flip the brightness of the kbd to 100% immediately. Is it possible to add that onkeypress event to your app?

BrightnessUnlinked is awesome too, but from the sounds of it -- it is extremely complicated to get that to reliably work automatically-you have to remember to start it everytime you reboot...etc. We are hopein zinge can get a Screen off when on TouchStone patch/app cranked up too. These things all tied together with TimePiece will give us exactly what we all want.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    it's a nice app, but i think, i will use it not before it's out of beta.
    to toggle wifi i have to tap 4 times (1 open launcher, 2 open app, 3 dismiss the intro screen, 4 toggle wifi).
    to toggle wifi in "normal" way i have 3 taps to connect and to disconnect.
    and:
    if you have minimized once to dashboard, then bring the list back to card and then end the app, a process is running still named "launchtasks..."
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    to toggle wifi i have to tap 4 times (1 open launcher, 2 open app, 3 dismiss the intro screen, 4 toggle wifi).
    and:
    if you have minimized once to dashboard, then bring the list back to card and then end the app, a process is running still named "launchtasks..."
    If you have this app running in the dashboard, it only takes 2 taps to toggle wifi.

1) Tap the notification area to enlarge the tray item(s).
    2) Tap the WiFi toggle in QST.

This is the way the app was designed to be used. There's no need to bring the app back as a card.

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  7.    #287  
    and:
    I can not recreate what you speak of. I have double checked this in jstop. When all modes have been cleared there are no QuickSystemTasks processes still running. I am not sure why your speaking of process "launchtasks" running, because the QucickSystemTasks app does not run under that process name. What WebOS version are you running? How are you check running processes?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Great app, one of the best out there. I have installed the beta and it works fine. Will be happy to pay when the time comes. Thanks for this.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i'm running a german gsm-pre with 1.3.1 and no patches
    1. i don't like to have something in the dashboard, it takes my room on the screen.
    2. i could not recreate either the process-name "launchtasks...", don't know why it didn't show up this time, but
    3. i took two screenshots of jstop after ending the app that show quicksyste... still running
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10.    #290  
    i'm running a german gsm-pre with 1.3.1 and no patches
    1. i don't like to have something in the dashboard, it takes my room on the screen.
    2. i could not recreate either the process-name "launchtasks...", don't know why it didn't show up this time, but
    3. i took two screenshots of jstop after ending the app that show quicksyste... still running
    Conum, Thanks for your feed back. The transition from webos 1.2x to 1.3.1 did cause the left over process you speak of. It has gone away in 1.3.5. I am not sure what palm is doing to cause what you see in 1.3.1. I'm guessing that once you get upgraded to webos 1.4 you shouldn't see this anymore.
    this is a fantastic app. I overlooked it for a while and decided to check it out today. It's truly a great idea and you executeded it perfectly...
    and:
    why don't you put it in ur quick launch bar. You won't really lose a space since you can launch apps from this app when in dashboard mode...
    Once profiles are available this app is EXACTLY what I was asking for in a post I made a week or so ago.

Being able to switch to a work profile or home or some other profile with preset items toggled on/off would be indespensible.

Perhaps adding toggles that force the phone into data roam and phone roam would be good too.

Once profiles are available....I'd pay for this app...easy peasy.
    Love it, and only downloaded it 20 minutes ago. My only problem is deciding which apps, etc. I want in the dashboard. will definately pay for this app once it is in the catalogue.
    Awesome app. I too was experiencing the Too Many Cards error with just one card open. I rebooted a few min ago and have yet to see the error.

May I request a manuel Email refresh button? So that way we don't have to open Email just to press Refresh.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    In one day this has become my most used app, it is already indispensable.

I have heard about profiles, wow, what function that will bring!

I have two suggestions:

1. Is it possible to have the app running in the background without the little icon in the notification position, and be able to bring up the launcher by tapping the gesture area? I would prefer to leave that area for notices only requiring my attention.

2. The icon in the launcher on the left that launches the settings page for your app, can it instead be an up arrow which launches a second launcher area (vertical or horizontal (preferred, closer to thumb)) in which would contain a launcher for your settings and 5 other apps? These could be slightly less used apps than the now 6 on the first row, but yet still critical. And your settings page would be less critical because once set, they need little adjustment.

Again, your app is fantastic. I trialed the ActiveCard app, which is now available in the App Catalog for $4.99, it was good but did not have as convenient access to a launcher bar like yours. I was considering running your app and ActiveCard together for a comprehensive desktop but now will wait to see yours develop, perhaps yours will eventually do everything ActiveCard does.

One of the top 3 or 4 apps out there, hands down.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  17.    #297  
    Any QST users out there that use touchstones? I am working on a screen toggle feature that will turn off the screen when the phone is on the touchstone... will it would not happen automatically, but would allow you to turn off the screen. My question to you, would you like a normal toggle button for this or just a large button that would show up in a new row on the dashboard when you had the phone on the charger? Any other ideas?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    if i put my pre on the touchstone the screen gets dark after some seconds showing the clock, your toolbar and the lock.
    sometimes i would like to have the pre active while on touchstone, so a toggle button would be great - but i doubt that it's possible to tap on a button (with any effect) if the lock is shown on the screen!?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Please please please, anything to completely turn the screen off whilst on the TS.
    Did I say PLEASE!
    if there is room, I'd just add it to the row of existing buttons. Your app is brilliant. I am always toggling between wifi and bluetooth and with your app i can do it from the same screen with two clicks rathere than six or more clicks without your app. Thanks again for a VERY much used utility.
    Bill