Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by pk64 View Post
    just updated and now everything is showing up as dupplicates, two cell, two wifi, two data ect. . . .
    can you try uninstalling and reinstall and let me know if you get the same thing?
    I've noticed the same problem with the latest BETA (v0.7.0). It seems to only happen when I rearrange the list. Sometimes, they will not stay in position, sometimes moving an app will delete an app and then leave a duplicate of another app. The only way I could get the order and apps/toggles I wanted was to delete and add them back in the order I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Hi. The only issue I've noticed so far is related to Tray Settings.

I removed a couple of toggles and went to add two apps.

The apps seem to have a mind of their own, when it comes to the position in the list. They often do not "like" to stay where I try to place them. Also, deleting an app from the list has a few times, deleted both of them from the list.

Otherwise, so far, so good.

Thanks and regards,
    -JerryG
  3.    #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by deerewright View Post
    I've noticed the same problem with the latest BETA (v0.7.0). It seems to only happen when I rearrange the list. Sometimes, they will not stay in position, sometimes moving an app will delete an app and then leave a duplicate of another app. The only way I could get the order and apps/toggles I wanted was to delete and add them back in the order I wanted.
    deerewright, you would be seeing this if you installed the first private beta I sent out. The database is jacked. If you uninstall and reinstall, you should not be seeing this anymore. Please let me know if this is not the case.
    I never received the first Private BETA. The only version I installed before v0.7.0 was back before WebOS 1.2. But, I'll give the uninstall/reinstall a shot, and let you know.

Sidenote: Is v0.7.0 the latest? It's the only one I find on preware, but it shows up under "Older".

OK, reinstall seems to have worked. I deleted every Tray item except BRIGHTNESS. Then added Airplane Mode. When I did that, Airplane Mode replaced Brightness. But, after I added Brightness, Clock, Phone, and Calendar, they all stayed put. Any rearranging I do also seems to stick, now.
    Last edited by deerewright; 01/06/2010 at 09:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    App looks great, only issue I've encountered is a "too many cards error" with the app in tray mode...maybe a memory leak?
  6.    #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    App looks great, only issue I've encountered is a "too many cards error" with the app in tray mode...maybe a memory leak?
    I will look into this. Can you recreate this issues after your have rebooted your phone?
    tried unistalling and reinstalling three times and everytime I still get duplicate aps? Any Ideas?
    tried unistalling and reinstalling three times and everytime I still get duplicate aps? Any Ideas?
    I've tried it out, no issues noted like some of the others are seeing.
  10.    #250  
    What OS version are you on?
    What patches do you have installed?

can you try an uninstall, phone reboot, then reinstall?
  11. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post

Originally Posted by pk64 :
    just updated and now everything is showing up as dupplicates, two cell, two wifi, two data ect. . . .

can you try uninstalling and reinstall and let me know if you get the same thing?
    I had the same thing happen after I upgraded from 1.3.1 to 1.3.5.1 (Canada). I uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, and now it works fine.
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    I had the same thing happen after I upgraded from 1.3.1 to 1.3.5.1 (Canada). I uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, and now it works fine.
    Hey thanks for the feed back! After updating to 1.3.5.x Palm moves data around and these must be jacking with the database. After restarting for the first time after the OS update all application data is migrated to the 8gb partition.
    First of all -- running the private beta version and haven't seen any problems. Only changed a few apps around in the system tray and messed with the brightness settings (Great feature to split keyboard brightness from screen brightness by the way)

Just noticed that you put 0.7 on Preware feed.

Should those of us testing the first private beta (0.6.8 or 0.6.9 I think) update to 0.7.0?

If I search on QST in Preware, it shows my only option as install (not update) so I'm thinking Preware thinks it's a different app. Should we Orange-tap delete the version we received by email and then install 0.7 via Preware. I don't think it'd be good to have 'both 'installed at the same time.

What's different in 0.7.0?
  14.    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    First of all -- running the private beta version and haven't seen any problems. Only changed a few apps around in the system tray and messed with the brightness settings (Great feature to split keyboard brightness from screen brightness by the way)

Just noticed that you put 0.7 on Preware feed.

Should those of us testing the first private beta (0.6.8 or 0.6.9 I think) update to 0.7.0?

If I search on QST in Preware, it shows my only option as install (not update) so I'm thinking Preware thinks it's a different app. Should we Orange-tap delete the version we received by email and then install 0.7 via Preware. I don't think it'd be good to have 'both 'installed at the same time.

What's different in 0.7.0?
    You can delete the private beta.

In 0.7.0, the card view works and I did some other bug fixes.
    What OS version are you on?
    What patches do you have installed?

can you try an uninstall, phone reboot, then reinstall?
    os 1.35.1 or whatever the latest version is. No patches, I've tried unistalling, rebooting, reinstalling and have same issue. I did have the original edition installed but when the task bar feature stopped working I unistalled it. Was excited to see the new updated version. Sorry I'm giving you a problem.
  16.    #256  
    os 1.35.1 or whatever the latest version is. No patches, I've tried unistalling, rebooting, reinstalling and have same issue. I did have the original edition installed but when the task bar feature stopped working I unistalled it. Was excited to see the new updated version. Sorry I'm giving you a problem.
    Can you take a pre screen shot and upload it to image shack or something and let me see what you see please?
    I have now been able to remove double entries from dashboard mode but in the opening screen I still have double entries. one cell data toggle reads on and one reads off and so on.
    Can you take a pre screen shot and upload it to image shack or something and let me see what you see please?
    Again sorry for my ignorance in some of these matters, How do i take a screen shot, never been able to make it work and where do i find image shack? thanks
  19.    #259  
    Again sorry for my ignorance in some of these matters, How do i take a screen shot, never been able to make it work and where do i find image shack? thanks
    To take a screen shot you do button combo Orage+Sym+p

Plug your pre into the computer as USB drive. you should see a screen shot folder.

Upload the image to ImageShack® - Image Hosting
    Thank you for all the effort you've put into this app. I had to delete the copy I originally had for some forgotten reason (something to do with not being able turn off the starting in tray-mode feature) and then you took it off Preware so I've been doing without for a month or longer. I love the fact that you unlinked keypad lighting from the display. I was using Brightness Unlinked for that feature but I prefer yours by a big margin, given all the other features you've put into QST. (Brightness Unlinked is one of the better apps too, IMO, but a much less featured app.) I'm looking forward to future enhancements. This version indicates it will lapse in ~90 days or so. I guess that's when you expect it to be included in Palm's App Catalog, right? Best of luck with that launch - I'll happily download it from there when the time comes. - Doug