Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Beta feedback:

Keyboard lights don't consistently turn on when opening the slider (if slider is closed) or pressing the spacebar / screen power button (if slider is open). This seems to occur if the Pre is off for some period of time (not sure yet what duration), but if the screen is only 'off' for a short period of time, the keyboards do seem to resume to their proper lighting level.

I noticed this when I was in a car at night (not driving of course) and another time last night when I grabbed the Pre from my nightstand to send an email. Both of these occasions were essentially in total darkness -- so I couldn't use the keyboard at all since there were no keyboard lights whatsoever -- I don't know if this is related to the 'lighting sensor' which is supposedly built-in to the Pre.

This keyboard lights issue is totally recoverable by using QST in the system tray and cycling the screen/kb button through high/low settings to re-engage keyboard lights. -- This is a known issue. This happens when the display is set below 10(This can be changed in settings). For whatever reason Palm's core code does not turn on the keyboard light if the display light is below 10. I they did this because they use .. say less then 10 as an idle screen brightness setting. In theory, if the device is idle this is no reason to have the keyboard light on. Iím not sure how I will handle this yet.

One minor note -- I liked the old icons for the lighting settings (Blazing Sun / Moon?). No big deal just thought I'd mention that. -- I feel the same way but alot did not know what it was at first. Many thought it was an internet globe.
    Comments above.
    I have noted the same issues with the beta that have already been posted.

Still collecting more data, but do want to voice that I miss the blazing sun icon as well....

Just an FYI

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    "For now you need to uninstall and reinstall. This resets the stored settings. Sorry. The webOS 1.3.x update cause this problem. I have been testing out the new version this past week and almost have all the big bugs worked out."

I did as you suggested but cannot find the old version (the version before your new beta) in Homebrew. I loved this app but now I can't restore it. How long do you think before it's available again?
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    This keyboard lights issue is totally recoverable by using QST in the system tray and cycling the screen/kb button through high/low settings to re-engage keyboard lights. --

This is a known issue. This happens when the display is set below 10(This can be changed in settings). For whatever reason Palm's core code does not turn on the keyboard light if the display light is below 10. I they did this because they use .. say less then 10 as an idle screen brightness setting. In theory, if the device is idle this is no reason to have the keyboard light on. I’m not sure how I will handle this yet.
    Thanks. Personally, knowing this, I'll just bump my 'dim' settings up to 11 -- so problem fixed. (I understand that you'd still love to find a work around for this, but I'm assuming you have more important features to add / work on. Only suggestion I'd have for you is to add this limitation to your documentation so that you don't get 1000 dummys like me bugging you about the keyboard not working. I'm thrilled to just have the ability to de-link backlight / keyboard brightness and have 2 programmable settings for each. Thanks again and happy holidays.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 12/23/2009 at 02:57 PM.
    please i wanna have any version of quick system task meanwhile.., if any has the ipk send me please to priv o_o
  6.    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by SunFire View Post
    please i wanna have any version of quick system task meanwhile.., if any has the ipk send me please to priv o_o
    PM me your email address.
    could someone please send me an older version please?

than

EDIT: wait why isn't it in preware anymore?
    YES! 1.3.5 fixes not being able to run in tray mode. I missed running this app in tray mode.
    still waiting for 1.3.5 on my GSM pre to run this app...
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreacher View Post
    still waiting for 1.3.5 on my GSM pre to run this app...
    Ditto, though I deleted off my Pre, so I'll have to wait for the newer version anyway
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hi. The only issue I've noticed so far is related to Tray Settings.

I removed a couple of toggles and went to add two apps.

The apps seem to have a mind of their own, when it comes to the position in the list. They often do not "like" to stay where I try to place them. Also, deleting an app from the list has a few times, deleted both of them from the list.

Otherwise, so far, so good.

Thanks and regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Hi. The only issue I've noticed so far is related to Tray Settings.

I removed a couple of toggles and went to add two apps.

The apps seem to have a mind of their own, when it comes to the position in the list. They often do not "like" to stay where I try to place them. Also, deleting an app from the list has a few times, deleted both of them from the list.

Otherwise, so far, so good.

Thanks and regards,
    -JerryG
    Hmmm, I know there was a problem in the past, but I can't recreate your problem with the current version 0.6.4. Can you uninstall and install the latest version I posted just now?
    Hmmm, I know there was a problem in the past, but I can't recreate your problem with the current version 0.6.4. Can you uninstall and install the latest version I posted just now?
    where can i get the latest version?

it's not in first post nor is it in preware.

Link?

thanks
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Installed 0.6.4, and the problem is gone.

Got profiles?

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  15.    #235  
    Everyone can be on the look out tonight for the new public beta release for all. It should show up in Preware again.
    Everyone can be on the look out tonight for the new public beta release for all. It should show up in Preware again.
    This is great news! Thanks gobanjoboy.
    Sounds good!
  18.    #238  
    Okay, I have uploaded a new version. Enjoy!

The new version as new features so be sure to look around.

Let me know if you have any issues or questions.

It should be listed in Preware soon... I hope =)
    just updated and now everything is showing up as dupplicates, two cell, two wifi, two data ect. . . .
    Great job gobanjoboy, loving how we're able to add apps into the tray. I was wondering though would it be possible to add contacts into the tray mode, not just apps and toggles? Or is it the profiles option?