Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    I've reported earlier that a very large html file (2 Mb) seemed to bog down the load procedure and never loaded. Just wanted to expand on that; I'm having a lot of trouble (in general) loading books that aren't nearly as huge as that first failure.

I'm currently reading a file that is 384k with no problem. But a 398k file failed to load.

I just tried chopping that 398k file into two pieces, and both halves loaded without problem, eliminating the possibility that there was something pathological in the html that PalmReader was choking on.

If the size limit is somewhere between 384k and 398k, most of the ebooks in my library would need to be chopped into smaller pieces to load. This seems like a fairly serious limitation.
    I don't think it's a size issue, I've loaded 4 books now, 3 of which are right around 1 meg, the 4th close to 2 megs.
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    I've reported earlier that a very large html file (2 Mb) seemed to bog down the load procedure and never loaded. Just wanted to expand on that; I'm having a lot of trouble (in general) loading books that aren't nearly as huge as that first failure.

I'm currently reading a file that is 384k with no problem. But a 398k file failed to load.

I just tried chopping that 398k file into two pieces, and both halves loaded without problem, eliminating the possibility that there was something pathological in the html that PalmReader was choking on.

If the size limit is somewhere between 384k and 398k, most of the ebooks in my library would need to be chopped into smaller pieces to load. This seems like a fairly serious limitation.
    That is odd, as I (and many users) have loaded plenty of books much larger than that. Contrary to your tests, it must be something specific about that book. I would love to take a look at the book in question to see if I can locate and fix the problem. I have sent you a PM with my email address, and if you wouldn't mind sending that book along, I'll see what I can do. Thanks!
    You mentioned above a new version in a few days, that was two weeks ago.
    I was just curious on the status
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    You mentioned above a new version in a few days, that was two weeks ago.
    I was just curious on the status
    Indeed, you've caught me in an "oops."

Instead of releasing several more minor updates, I decided to continue work until I had a significant release to share. Should be soon, still, but I do have one more fairly major thing to correct.
  6.    #186  
    A new update has finally been released! It is changed enough, in fact that you will have to remove the current version before installing the new version, and I have created a new forum thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...or-update.html
    Quote Originally Posted by chortya View Post
    I would pay min 5$ for fb2 support! FictionBook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Read fb2 for free with FReader :
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...om.app.freader
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910