Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please provide your likes, critiques, ideas, etc. about the Mediafly Mobile app for Palm Pre.

The first version we will be submitting is a version 0.17.0 (Beta)
    Nice and clean UI.

Great job
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Looks nice. Streaming only though I presume?
  4.    #5  
    Only streaming right now. Downloading to come (if all goes well). Palm has been amazingly supportive of our app and very responsive as we've needed things. So, I believe it will work well. But still a bit away.
    What does this do that DrPodder doesn't that is already out for the Pre?

And you don't need a server to store you choices?

Almost forget, DrPodder has downloading features already.

You might be a bit late in the game!!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post

Rob
    Always better to have multiple options. Drives innovation.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Always better to have multiple options. Drives innovation.
    Exactly this.
  8.    #9  
    DrPodder is a great app. No complaints there.

Mediafly's main focus is extending the same experience across devices. So, when we launch on the Roku soon you can watch/listen to the same shows on your Roku and then pause and pick it up again on your Pre (or iPhone, BBerry, chumby, Logitech, and a bunch more).

We also have a back-end solution that can transcode partner video podcasts to be optimized for all of these device, with one "subscription" across all of your devices. Then, depending on the app you are using (i.e. Roku on 10' experience) or Palm Pre on cell, the video you get is optimized for you.

Leo Laporte's TWiT Network will be the first to leverage this new platform when he launches his new video shows at BlogWorld in a couple weeks.

So, all in all it's just a bit different take on the same stuff.

Rob
    Yeah this is great to see come our Pre. Why would you not want options? I'm downloading now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mediafly View Post

Mediafly's main focus is extending the same experience across devices. So, when we launch on the Roku soon you can watch/listen to the same shows on your Roku and then pause and pick it up again on your Pre (or iPhone, BBerry, chumby, Logitech, and a bunch more).

We also have a back-end solution that can transcode partner video podcasts to be optimized for all of these device, with one "subscription" across all of your devices. Then, depending on the app you are using (i.e. Roku on 10' experience) or Palm Pre on cell, the video you get is optimized for you.

Leo Laporte's TWiT Network will be the first to leverage this new platform when he launches his new video shows at BlogWorld in a couple weeks.

So, all in all it's just a bit different take on the same stuff.
    Having a way to stream my local video to both my Roku and Cell would also be great. I find that syncing at night on the Touchstone over WiFi then playing without downloads using battery during the day is best.

A few comments after using for a while. There are some places where you are doing a swapScene where a pushScene might be better. Tap on an Episode to bring up the menu. Tap on Details. Back gesture and I'm back to the episode selection, instead of being able to hit another one of the buttons for that episode. So it takes two taps to Play Episode after looking at details, because of this.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mediafly View Post
    Thanks for that. Honestly, I really appreciate all the support I've received from drPodder fans. I've always known that there would be other podcasting clients available eventually for WebOS. It's a great platform that deserves great apps. mediafly, I look forward to pushing your app forward as you push mine forward. I believe the WebOS user base will be large enough to allow similar applications to co-exist. (Now back to discussion of Mediafly Mobile. )
    Heard about this live while watching Leo and let me just say THANK YOU! I've been using odtv.me on my Pre for about a month now and have been pleasantly surprised. But if we can get an app that can deliver a similar (or better ) experience, I would most certainly pay for that app.

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Very nice and looking forward to be being able to download podcasts. Great search feature too.

A couple of comments. There should be a link within the app to go to the mediafly site that I can tap. Also any plans to make a mobile site?

also is there a way to add podcasts within the app to My Channel? I only can add within the site.

Very interested in seeing this develop further
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I like the video ability. Being able to download and play back whenever, especially without having to have WiFi is a must for me. I'm not familar with Roku so I will have to see what that is about, ayone care to explain? So far so good though.
    Last edited by diddly4; 10/01/2009 at 09:56 PM.

Rob
    Ability to watch video podcasts..the UI is cleaner looking for me at least..and like everyone else more options to choose from in Apps..nothing against Dr. Podder i love it too and am not deleting it, cause I can download podcasts to my Pre...
  16.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    A few comments after using for a while. There are some places where you are doing a swapScene where a pushScene might be better. Tap on an Episode to bring up the menu. Tap on Details. Back gesture and I'm back to the episode selection, instead of being able to hit another one of the buttons for that episode. So it takes two taps to Play Episode after looking at details, because of this.
    Great feedback. I'll talk this over with the Obtiva folks. Thanks!
  17.    #18  
    @DrNull,
    I Absolutely agree. If you have time, shoot me an email to support@mediafly.com and let's find some time to chat. There is so much growth opportunity in this space for many apps to survive. And perhaps there is a way for us to collaborate on something.
    Last edited by mediafly; 10/01/2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason: forgot to indicate who I was replying to -- DrNull
  18.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by atom00 View Post
    A couple of comments. There should be a link within the app to go to the mediafly site that I can tap. Also any plans to make a mobile site?

also is there a way to add podcasts within the app to My Channel? I only can add within the site.
    There are many features in our API that have not been added to the Pre app yet. We wanted to launch it in this Alpha/Beta state to get people playing with it so we knew what to prioritize. I will make sure both of your suggestions get on the priority list. Thanks!

As for a mobile site, we debate this. Our API has the ability to support all of the features of the site. But, there are certain things that you just don't need the overhead of an app for. I welcome discussion on this topic.
    Last edited by mediafly; 10/01/2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: messed up the quote
  19.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    I'm not familar with Roku so I will have to see what that is about, ayone care to explain? So far so good though.
    Roku (Roku Digital Video Player | Watch Netflix, Amazon Video On Demand and MLB.TV on Roku Player) is a $99 internet video player that plays Netflix and Amazon Unbox streaming over the web. And soon it is launching several other partners including Mediafly. It is an amazing piece of hardware. The usability, variety of content partners, the price point make it the first device (in my opinion) which brings internet content to the TV and makes it easy enough for everyday non-techie people.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast