Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    thanks for the quick response. I'll try that shortly and let you know. By the way, i notice lots of discussion of downloading vs streaming. I never download content anymore. I can see why subway riders would, but otherwise, it is just too easy to stream. With my bluetooth car stereo, it is like having completely on-demand radio.
    I have version 0.17.0. And now i'm not having to re-logon. I think this might have happened a few times when opening the app but in the past it has reverted to requiring logon. I did a restart on the pre and the app is still coming up and not needing logon. hmmmm.
  3.    #63  
    Thanks. We are putting in an improvement to handle this logon issue.

Regarding your comment on streaming vs. downloading, I agree. Most of the time I use streaming. However, I can see the need to download for things like airplane. And since most video files are not optimized for streaming play, the Palm player chokes. We think that being able to download the full file will help with this a bit.
    Personally I have to have the ability to download. When I walk into my office I lose my Sprint signal and roam on Verizon with maybe one bar. I need to have my stuff already downloaded before I hit work.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Any updates on this? Downloading and syncing still missing?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Any updates on this? Downloading and syncing still missing?
    We're working on getting the downloading and syncing between the Pre client and the other Mediafly clients working. Hopefully within the next few weeks you'll see an update with the syncing working.
    Downloading will come sometime after that.
    Is anybody having trouble w/ video support...
    Whats the story behind resuming podcasts? Is this supposed to work yet? Mine starts over every time i open the podcast...
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awu_gigabyte View Post
    Whats the story behind resuming podcasts? Is this supposed to work yet? Mine starts over every time i open the podcast...
    We hope to have another beta out in the next couple of weeks that will have resuming support.
    I guess I'll address this to 'drnull':

I was wondering if Mediafly which I have tried and like, but I end up always using drPodder.

But I do have a reason to use Mediafly, that is to play live streaming audio (and I guess in some cases live video).

However, this one podcast that I get which is also available live, I need to use a password on.

It is the same password as I use for the podcast but there is one issue in me even bothering to try, it uses WMA format.

Will Mediafly ever support the WMA format or codec which is not included in WebOS.

I would guess that Mediafly would have to pay for the license fee to Microsoft to optain and include the WMA codec but that is what Pocket-Tunes did.

Is there a possibility of this, and when they do support WMA, will there be a way to enter a password for LIVE streams that we have paid a subscription for.

drnull, you know which podcast and hence which live stream I guess from a previous conversation!

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Any news on an update to this??
    Not sure if anybody else has this problem... there was a podcast that i would listen to 5 days a week b4 WebOS 1.5 upgrade... now i cant get it... anybody else with this issue
    Has anyone that is using PRE2 and webOS 2.01 or updated to 2.1 having success with MediaFly 0.18.4 under the new webOS 2.x? I have tried on both PRE2 and PRE(-) w/ 2.1 and the feeds no longer want to load!! I am using this for video podcasts. I switched to drPodder but it seems to have an issue with stuttering video under 2.1? or is this also issue under 1.4.5? I only used drPodder for audio podcasting for the bookmarking. Any suggestions of another app to try while waiting for updates to these apps for 2.x?

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Looking for some help from the precentral gang to wake up mediafly and provide some support for their app that is not working with webOS 2.x!!! Even if you don't use this app please try to contact them to wake them up to fix their app!? I have done the following so far, I have PM'ed the OP here and posted the following on their forum, I have also tweeted them here...Maybe everyone could help sending a tweet to @mediafly & @mediaflyqa...I am still trying to track down a support email and will give that a try. Thanks for helping!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234