Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have 1.2.1 update with Web 2.7, is anyone else able to stream video?
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by joesparty View Post
    I have 1.2.1 update with Web 2.7, is anyone else able to stream video?
    I just updated to 1.2.1 and I was able to play NBC video and audio streaming over cell. Can you tell me what video you are trying to play? And, are you on cell or WiFi? Thanks.
    BigTenNetwork football. I've tried over WiFi and get about the 1st 30 sec with no problem, then it keeps pausing and may not stream again. With cell I can get about 10-15 seconds before it does the same thing, only it will stay in its loop and not start the video again.
  4.    #44  
    BigTenNetwork football. I've tried over WiFi and get about the 1st 30 sec with no problem, then it keeps pausing and may not stream again. With cell I can get about 10-15 seconds before it does the same thing, only it will stay in its loop and not start the video again.
    Can you send me an example of the video file you are trying? This is most likely because most publishers don't optimize for mobile playback. We are working directly with many of the big video publishers to optimize. The first to launch will be TWiT at BlogWorld in a couple weeks.

Also, we will be adding a download feature so that you can pre-load the files and play from that file.
    OK, I'm sure adding the ability to download would clear that issue.

www​.bigtennetwork.com/podcasts/
    I'm not picking the ones labeled HD.
    Also removing an episode does not appear to work. I can remove an episode, but once I reload a view it appears again. This happens for all views.
  7.    #47  
    Also removing an episode does not appear to work. I can remove an episode, but once I reload a view it appears again. This happens for all views.
    This sounds like a bug but let me get more info. Are you removing from the Popular Channels or your linked channels?
    I'm clicking on the remove button right from the episode screen. It prompts me to confirm that I want to remove it with Yes/No buttons. When I do remove it I don't see it in that view. When I change views and it refreshes, same view or 'ALL', the episode is there again.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I'm relatively new at RSS, but just started using drpodder a couple weeks ago & thought I'd give this a try today. Anyway, maybe I'm missing something but am I able to link to feeds that aren't listed on the Mediafly website? if so I must of missed it.

Also, the feed(s) I'm currently listening to provide separate "streams" where one is audio & the other contains a PDF file. So.. If I am able to subscribe to specific feeds, it'd be nice to see a filter where certain feeds don't show up. Make sense?
  10.    #50  
    I'm clicking on the remove button right from the episode screen. It prompts me to confirm that I want to remove it with Yes/No buttons. When I do remove it I don't see it in that view. When I change views and it refreshes, same view or 'ALL', the episode is there again.
    We think we have this bug isolated and hope to have a fix deployed soon. You won't have to update your app as we believe it is in our back-end system. So, it should just start working likely tomorrow.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    am I able to link to feeds that aren't listed on the Mediafly website? if so I must of missed it.
    Sure, you can add new feeds as follows:

1) Create a Mediafly.com account (it's free)

2) Link the Palm App to your Mediafly account by clicking on the My Channels link and following the steps

3) Add your feeds to the Mediafly index via the "add feeds" link at the bottom of the site. This ads them for you and everyone else. It can take a few hours to be fully indexed and in our system.

Tell me if this helps.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    So far I love this app, got all my revision3 feeds on there and works great. All I need now is the download feature. Any ETA on that feature?
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by fredox19 View Post
    So far I love this app, got all my revision3 feeds on there and works great. All I need now is the download feature. Any ETA on that feature?
    The download feature is a top priority and hopefully will be live in the next few weeks. Sorry for the delay.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Enjoying the app, thanks. Any way to have Mediafly close the stream upon completion instead of allowing it to repeat?
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Any way to have Mediafly close the stream upon completion instead of allowing it to repeat?
    Yes, you will be able to do this soon. We are embedding the player into the app which will allow us to have more control over the playback. So, more to come soon.

Likely, you will have 2 options like in our Android app. 1) to just return to the app after play or 2) to go onto the next episode in the channel.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mediafly View Post
    Yes, you will be able to do this soon. We are embedding the player into the app which will allow us to have more control over the playback. So, more to come soon.

Likely, you will have 2 options like in our Android app. 1) to just return to the app after play or 2) to go onto the next episode in the channel.
    Awesome! Looking forward to it!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Is the release of this app on the Pre App Cat. The same as the one on Homebrew? Just wondering which one I should keep. Will the Homebrew version still work?
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    Is the release of this app on the Pre App Cat. The same as the one on Homebrew? Just wondering which one I should keep. Will the Homebrew version still work?
    We will be uploading the new version to the homebrew tomorrow. I suggest keeping the homebree one because we will be launching new features here first.
    i'd like to give this app a try. I use Dr Podder at least an hour a day but i do like the website where i can more easily find content and cut/paste rss links. But two problems so far: (1) i always have to re-enter username and password. I entered the association code etc the first time, now it won't take doing that again (already associated) but each time i open the app, it needs to re-logon. (2) Because of the ease, i've got way more "favorites" here than on Dr. Podder. Some of which i don't listen to that often. Mediafly could use a front page (perhaps selected via a preference) that has way fewer clicks to get to the commonly played feeds. Like Dr. Podder's front page. I read back a ways that Dr. Null is working on this app now as well, so perhaps it is already in the works.

It is great that the developers are very active here and appear to be trying to rapidly fine-tune the app.
  20.    #60  
    it sounds like a bug if you need to log on each time. Would you try this for me... Wait about 30 seconds before clicking on my channels and see if it updates to your user name's channels.

sexond can you telll mw what version of the app you have? It is at thw bottom of the boot screen.

we have teamed up with dr podder to bring our collective expertises ti this app. So expect lots of improvememts soon.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast