Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    very slick looking app, great work! So far I haven't been able to stream over wifi; Will play around and see if it persists...
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Just had a brainstorm. If you have MediaFly on Roku and Pre, you just need a web server at home that provides Video PodCast feeds that MediaFly can use. Then you can stream your media to either device. I'd really love to stream to my Roku from my local network and files. That could get interesting.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    ok...so it happens intermittently. try a feed a few times (without closing the app) and 3/4 times it'll give you the error loading message, but on that 4th try it'll load. Once things are running, it's beautiful. and no problems with EVDO so far.
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    same problem streaming...but suspected it was a memory cache limitation w/pre since Dr Podder does the same thing when streaming.

Downloading option in Dr Podder resolved this though it also has the same problem and yet to be fixed.

Either way, you both deserve a big thumbs up and keep up the great work. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Wait..so I can listen to a podcast on my computer and then when I get in my car, it'll pick up from where I stopped when I play it on my Pre in the car?? If so, consider me sold. That's just too damn nice for me to pass up.

edit: Just tried it. Didn't work. So that feature is only for the Roku? What a shame.
    Last edited by gage006; 10/02/2009 at 01:54 AM.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by RizP View Post
    ok...so it happens intermittently. try a feed a few times (without closing the app) and 3/4 times it'll give you the error loading message, but on that 4th try it'll load. Once things are running, it's beautiful. and no problems with EVDO so far.
    Can you tell if this is isolated to particular shows? It could be related to the source server.

Also there is a player bug that Palm is working on which can cause a gray error screen to show on the player.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Wait..so I can listen to a podcast on my computer and then when I get in my car, it'll pick up from where I stopped when I play it on my Pre in the car?? If so, consider me sold. That's just too damn nice for me to pass up.

edit: Just tried it. Didn't work. So that feature is only for the Roku? What a shame.
    That feature will be on most of our devices but it is not live yet. We are launching at BlogWorld in a couple weeks and then it will be rolling out to all of our apps.
    Nice app but needs more organization in the "my channels portion" (why does it not keep episodes separate?). Default settings seem to be more akin to a download device rather than a streaming device. I use drpodder and the pure and simple organization and download or stream option is what I most appreciate.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by glynnmi View Post
    Nice app but needs more organization in the "my channels portion" (why does it not keep episodes separate?).
    One way to keep episodes separate is to put each subscription on it's own channel. Then you can control how many of each are visible at any time on the site.

But that being said, an option to order episodes by show might be an interesting option to have. Would that do it?
    I can't wait to try your app out when I get home from work. I love the ablilty to be able to watch the podcast. As espn.com has a ton I miss while I'm at work. Big Thanks!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Very nice app. Clean and well put together. I like having acccess to my content, across different platforms. I will explore it more and give feedback later. Thanks so much for sharing with the homebrew community first and listening to comments and suggestions. That will go a long way toward creating a loyal base.
    * I'm a dr. Podder fan, but this has great potential also.
    Palm for life
    IIIx...TE...TX...Pre

REALLY looking forward to this on my roku as well. very well done and appreciate the chance to beta this via homebrew!!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    It is a good start. I know it has been said, but it needs the ability to download to the Pre for this to be a truely useful app.
    Need to integrate streaming inside the app. Opening another card for streaming is not as slick.

It told me.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Need to integrate streaming inside the app.
    Definitely. This is in the pipeline.
    Quote Originally Posted by mediafly View Post
    Definitely. This is in the pipeline.
    Actually, having a new card allows you to multi task. I like being able to search new "channels" while one plays.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    Actually, having a new card allows you to multi task. I like being able to search new "channels" while one plays.
    I guess there is that. Maybe an option then. I've seen some times I wish that I could do some tasks in drPodder, without stopping playback. Most cases, I like it contained in one card, though.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mediafly View Post
    That feature will be on most of our devices but it is not live yet. We are launching at BlogWorld in a couple weeks and then it will be rolling out to all of our apps.
    Look forward to that, that'll be when I switch to this App.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    i LOVE this app, great job!
    Very nice, the cross platform support is what made me jump on this. Stream within the app without impacting ability to browse at same time and add download.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast