Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakerome View Post
    Thanks LM, but it's still asking for delete permission on the authorization page. Might be a problem on Flickr's end.
    You might try refreshing the authorization page in the browser - there seems to be some strange caching issue there that breaks auth altogether sometimes.
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
  2. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    Yup, that's on my TODO list. I pretty much just slapped the icon from the official open source Flickr Uploader on it and added some transparency. It ended up looking cruddier than I expected, so hopefully I'll have a much better version soon
    cool, thanks.

is there any way to add this service to the sharing options in the photos app? like current fb and photobucket options.
    Quote Originally Posted by lvd View Post
    cool, thanks.

is there any way to add this service to the sharing options in the photos app? like current fb and photobucket options.
    THAT would be sweet! Not a big FB picture user and never used PB, but have 100's of pics on Flickr. Of course he'd actually have to "hack" the Pre's default photo account page which would mean code+file updates to be done so he'd need to hook up with Jason to update WOSI.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    THAT would be sweet! Not a big FB picture user and never used PB, but have 100's of pics on Flickr. Of course he'd actually have to "hack" the Pre's default photo account page which would mean code+file updates to be done so he'd need to hook up with Jason to update WOSI.
    Yup, exactly that. I'd have to hack this into the photo app as a system patch. It's *possible*, and I know just about where to do it in the photo app - but it would be kind of ugly. I'd almost rather Palm grabbed my code and did it themselves for a future release. (Which they could do, since I stuck an MIT license on the app.)

But, if I end up feeling adventurous, I might give the patch a try. Or, someone else is welcome to give it a try too!
    Last edited by lmorchard; 10/01/2009 at 08:04 PM.
    l.m.orchard
    awesome! uploaded a pic successfully! thanks!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Works for me, running webOS 1.2 with limited hacks. But I was logged into mobile flickr from beforehand.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Any updates on this in the works?
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    I noticed that the images that I upload to flicker are a different file size than the original pictures on my phone. Does the app, or maybe Flicker, re-size my images at some point? Is there a way to upload the full size image?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Are you syncing iTunes. I think the last WebOS update put in a thing where it downsizes the pics on the phone after syncing the full size versions to the computer.

"Media sync now allows for synchronizing photos without requiring the full-resolution originals. This provides faster display of high-quality full-screen images and enables users to store more photos on the phone."
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I don't get it to work I'm on a German Pre (1.1.3). Autorisation seems to work fine. When I select a photo to upload and then press the start uploading button it immediatly stops, gives a pop-up "Upload Complete" but the picture still there with a yellow triangle. Can find any more detailed error message.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I now only read for WebOS 1.2 and higher. That's probably the reason why it doesn't work on my 1.1.3 German Pre
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    i cant get it to authenticate...get to teh 1st page where it says "authenticate" then "continue" I try to autneticate & the yahoo page won't load. tried refreshing & clearing cache...no go.

& it won't continue without authenticating.

idea?
    It worked great for me. Super simple. I took a photo and 2 minutes later it was in my Flickr Stream.

I wouldn't complicate it by adding adding a viewer. Just keep the uploader separate, light, and fast. If you are uploading from the street, I'd think there is a good chance folks want it up there quickly. Otherwise, why not wait 'till you are home, and upload from your computer?

I would love to be able to change the Title. I don't think the official desktop Flickr uploader even does that though.

Funny issue but not something I think you'd be able to fix: I sometimes play a game called "Guess Where SF" It is a Flickr group where you upload local photos and folks try to guess where they were taken. Well a Pre is an awesome tool for this game EXCEPT - it reports GPS data to Flickr! I can't see a way to disable it on Flickr either. I'd have to edit it out of the EXIF before I upload it, so... no uploading direct to Flickr for Guess Where groups.

Thanks for doing this. It works amazingly well for a 0.0.2 version!
    when is this going to the app catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    Funny issue but not something I think you'd be able to fix: I sometimes play a game called "Guess Where SF" It is a Flickr group where you upload local photos and folks try to guess where they were taken. Well a Pre is an awesome tool for this game EXCEPT - it reports GPS data to Flickr! I can't see a way to disable it on Flickr either. I'd have to edit it out of the EXIF before I upload it, so... no uploading direct to Flickr for Guess Where groups.

Thanks for doing this. It works amazingly well for a 0.0.2 version!
    The setting to disable GPS data in the Exif is in your Palm Pre. Go to Location Services and disable the option to add location data to pictures
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Any chance this going to the App catalog? I use it a lot and would like to see it on the app catalog.

Thanks!
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by crash_pr View Post
    Any chance this going to the App catalog? I use it a lot and would like to see it on the app catalog.

Thanks!
    It's not headed to the App Catalog until I have a chance to at least add title / description / tag editing, but I haven't had time to put more work into this app for a few months.
    l.m.orchard
    Will you be adding the ability to upload videos from the Palm now that we can record them?

Barbara
    i will be waiting for this in the app catalogue
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12