Page 99 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi SISGO,

If MSN is missing just reinstall the live ipk file and restart luna and it should come back.

Thanks,
    Greg
    But i have the all plug ins patch, but msn live is not there! i reinstall it the all plug ins patch again ?
    thanks for your reply!

i have sprint!
  2.    #1962  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    But i have the all plug ins patch, but msn live is not there! i reinstall it the all plug ins patch again ?
    thanks for your reply!

i have sprint!
    Hi SISGO

If you have all then reinstalling the all plugin should be fine.

It should even install over the top.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi SISGO

If you have all then reinstalling the all plugin should be fine.

It should even install over the top.

Thanks,
    Greg
    i just did but msn dont come back either , there is a way to add msn live with command line?
    Sorry if this has been discussed already, I can't find it.

My text msgs are sending and receiving with words split between lines. I'm pretty sure it just started doing this. Any way to fix it? Example:

I love my Palm Pre and a
    ll that it does, and a spe
    cial thanks to all those th
    at put so much work into
    the patches for us.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I made some mistake trying to install V2.01 and/or 2.03.
    2.01 worked, but without Jabber, so I tried 2.03 without uninstall 2.0.1

Now I have empty entries in the account-list (no name or icon) and none of theme works.

Is there any way to get back to normal without the doctor ?
    try rebooting first.
    Ok well i got live and xfire installed and i will have to say i love you right now. but there are a couple of things missing which you might still be working on and weather u add them or not i am still going to use it.

Live- for some reason all of my contacts are not showing up might just me a server side issue im not sure.
    Xfire- If there is anyway to get it to show there display name instead of there account that would be great.

Also i keep hearing people talk about changing settings but i dont see anywhere to turn off avatars or any settings at all. am i missing something or do i have to root into my pre.

Also donations coming from me on friday/saturday for sure man Thanks alot i have been asking people for a xfire plugin sence i got my first smart phone and u are the first person to make it i Thank you very much great work
    Hi odontastic,

For your exact issue (yahoo missing) remove the patch and re-apply it. Yahoo should come back

As for the password issue does login work if you use the new manualy login option and enter the password? Can you then chat properly?

Do you guys have a GSM Pre?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Greg,

Thanks for your hard work. Removing and re-applying the patch didn't work for me until I also restored the original messaging files from webosdoctor.

Logging in manually to Yahoo does work. My Pre is on the Sprint network.
    Greg,

Got any tricks for getting every trace of this plugin removed? I doctored to 1.3.5.1 then did the installs but for some reason I keep getting the plugins showing without they're icons. I have my backup off before doctoring and I have been using 2.0.3 to install but so far I haven't gotten 2.0.3 to install successfully, and I'm not getting any errors on the package installs. I'm going to try and doctor it again and see what happens.
    well i can verify that this works great on the Stock Sprint Pre WebOS version forgot to update after i doctered my pre so i am installing the update now and then i will try and reinstall and see if i have any issues
    Hey greg
    just wondering why is it that for this version of the app the live messenger contact list is different? (meaning that the older version of the app i had the same amount of buddies (22) and the list would load fast as aim (i have 47 buddies on aim).
    i love the work that you have done and i give you credit for having a skill that i don't have.
    i was just wondering if it was possible to take the old app Buddie list from the old app and integrate it with this new app so that it would install on the new partition of the phone but use the old coding of the older app for the contact list so it would load faster....
    i know its not as simple as i am writing it, but i wouldn't want to loose my buddies icons that is one thing that makes this app/patch unique (and also that other buddies see me as a pc log in and not as a mobile.
    if what i said its impossible and not worth of your time please ignore it and sorry for the inconvenience........

on the good note
    msn is finally working (well sorta........it spin for a good time and then it stops... even to load only one Buddie on my list......and it only shows some not all contacts....but eventually it stops spinning..its a step in the right direction)

Hey Skribbles505
    before you doctor your pre make sure to use webosquick installer to uninstall all the app and patches on your phone..once you have done that you can delete your backup and doctor your phone. after that is done use WebOSRepairUtility to make sure everything is back to normal (that normally helps when i make a mistake or i get an error from installing any patch)
    hope that helps
    Last edited by bluediablito; 01/24/2010 at 08:35 PM.
    bluediablito thanks forgot about Jason's repair tool I'll go get the current version.
    ok so i keep getting so confused on this i have to docter my phone back down to stock version install the messenger patch and then update then reinstall the rest of the patches
    hey dray_jr
    no you don't have to doctor your phone to install this patch/app but i recommend it b/c some files maybe missing or change by other patches or app.............
    what i normally do is.....i doctor my pre with the current webosdoctor (for me its 1.3.5.1) and once its done i use the WebOSRepairUtility to make sure all the files are back to normal and then i follow greg's steps to install the messenger

note ...........make sure to uninstall the patches and app that are install on the phone before you doctor your phone and also remember that for now there is no patch that will work with the messenger (i can be wrong)
    I just want to confirm.

My GSM Pre 1.3.5.2. Should install Messaging Plugin 2.0.2 not 2.0.3??

OK i felt bad so here you go. I havent tested it but it should work now

GSM 2.0.2 no need to update.

Files below...

PIXI
    ===
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...-Palm-Pixi.zip

PRE
    ===
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...3-Palm-Pre.zip

SDK
    ===
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...3-Palm-SDK.zip

Thanks!
    Greg
    OK, I've just been able to get on today and read all the messages from yesterday where I left off.

It seems some people are able to work with the Avatar's and some not. I would like to have the Avatars working.

I also found that I could not get 'new card per conversation' patch to work with 2.0.3, so I went back to 2.0.1.

I did send Greg all my error messages that I got when trying to install, I hope that was helpful to you.

I see that I'm not as LINUX literate as I see most are, so any LINUX instructions that I can enter in Terminal that would be helpful to run to get to help Greg, please let me know.

WEBOSQI is reporting that I am running LIVE 2.0.0 and Patch 2.0.1 and Sysfile 2.0.1

I went back to the old version so I could have at least 'new card per conv' patch working.

For the spinning log on, that everyone seems to get, I just reboot after installing the plugins and that stops that. I also remember that was the fix for that issue in all the previous versions that we had.

I do have New card for conversation installed but Preware is not reporting it as being installed and it is working for me.

Anyway, that's about the patch that I was able to make work with this version and it's not the latest version of course.

I would like to ask a question: Is there a particular reason why some of these patches are not working, is it intentional, or is it a bug.

I read in one of the messages that with Avatars let's say, it message said that having that, would slow down things too much if you had alot of contacts or buddies. Is that the reason it's not working, it was intentional?

I have only about 5 contacts or buddies (not very popular I guess), so it shouldn't be a problem for me. So I did like that you might make it an option. I'm a very visual person so I like having that stuff.

And I like having the ability to have conversation in there own window, as the new card per conversation patch does.

OK, any error messages I will will continue reporting on.

Rob

Thanks again Greg, for all the hard work!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

17.    #1977  
    Hi guys,

I have a bad feeling that displaying Alias's for MSN is causing the slow and endless logon.

My tester is going to test without avatars and then I will also send him a test without Alias's. MSN is the only plugin with this feature enabled and I have a bad feeling it queries the server one by one for the server alias (what live uses).

If that is the case I may add an option to enable/disable avatars and alias's. Hopefully that will solve the issues.

Lastly something palm does out of the box (with there 2-3 plugins) is always connect over phone data even if WiFi is connected. That is why whenever you change between WiFi and no WiFi the messaging doesn't drop out.

Do you guys like the way my version currently is with the ability to connect over WiFi or would you prefer I set it like Palm by always connecting over phone Data??

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Greg
    hey greg
    sorry that i am a little slow but what are the benefit of having it like palm ?
    (palm's way would means that it will be log-in as long as there is signal? if that is the only difference i wouldn't mind would there be extra charges to the phone?)
    Hi guys,

I have a bad feeling that displaying Alias's for MSN is causing the slow and endless logon.

My tester is going to test without avatars and then I will also send him a test without Alias's. MSN is the only plugin with this feature enabled and I have a bad feeling it queries the server one by one for the server alias (what live uses).

If that is the case I may add an option to enable/disable avatars and alias's. Hopefully that will solve the issues.

Lastly something palm does out of the box (with there 2-3 plugins) is always connect over phone data even if WiFi is connected. That is why whenever you change between WiFi and no WiFi the messaging doesn't drop out.

Do you guys like the way my version currently is with the ability to connect over WiFi or would you prefer I set it like Palm by always connecting over phone Data??

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Greg
    Connecting over WiFi means that if my phone is idle for a few minutes WiFi will be turned off and I will lose my connection to MSN Live. So using the phone data makes more sense to me unless it can toggle from WiFi to phone without losing connection if WiFi is no longer available.
    the palm way seems good
    1+ for the palm way