Page 98 of 122 FirstFirst ... 488893949596979899100101102103108 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2438
  1.    #1941  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    hey greg
    msn spins for ever still (the msn only plug in)
    the command
    cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3.backup
    sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
    .load /usr/lib/sqlite3_palm_extension.so
    delete from com_palm_accounts_account where name='Live Messenger' AND com_palm_accounts_AccountType_id IS NULL;
    .quit

should i run it when msn is running or with just msn installed?
    when ever i input this part webosquick install say please wait
    /PalmDatabase.db3.backup
    it just freezes
    Hi bluediablito,

I believe this doesn't help so no need to try it anymore. As for WebOSQI commands like the above don't run in it for some reason

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi bluediablito,

I believe this doesn't help so no need to try it anymore. As for WebOSQI commands like the above don't run in it for some reason

Greg
    Greg, it just may help, perhaps if being ran in a terminal window, not from WOSQI. I checked the account table and found that I had 2 accounts from a previous install (my main Live account, and another one, with 4 contacts).

Somehow the two accounts got erased when I tried the 2.0.3 version of the plugins (uninstalled the plugins, the accounts got erased, reinstalled them and they never showed up again, but they were there).

I just erased all the Live accounts with the sqlite3 command, rebooted, and created a new one. It keeps "signing in", but the contacts are loading faster than ever. Still, it seems to be loading the avatars, and I haven't got the full the contact list after 4 minutes

(btw, Office Communicator isn't working for me at the moment, but I think the long signing time on msn is more important)
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 01/24/2010 at 02:21 AM.
    Hi again Greg, I just felt that I needed to share something weird with you.

I've been trying to make the freakin' signing in spinning circle to stop, and in my attempts I realized something funny:

My Live (MSN) account just receives exactly 44 contacts. Don't ask me how or why, I've deleted my account three times, created it again, and every time it gets only 44. The same 44. This is at the first login.

I signed off and on again, and the result was exactly the same, 44 contacts.

Does this help? is there a 44 contact limit somewhere? maybe we should get the contacts from the msn servers on chunks of 40? (or 44)

I hope this helps, thanks again!!
  4.    #1944  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Hi again Greg, I just felt that I needed to share something weird with you.

I've been trying to make the freakin' signing in spinning circle to stop, and in my attempts I realized something funny:

My Live (MSN) account just receives exactly 44 contacts. Don't ask me how or why, I've deleted my account three times, created it again, and every time it gets only 44. The same 44. This is at the first login.

I signed off and on again, and the result was exactly the same, 44 contacts.

Does this help? is there a 44 contact limit somewhere? maybe we should get the contacts from the msn servers on chunks of 40? (or 44)

I hope this helps, thanks again!!
    Hi NuttyBunny,

Thats weird! I wonder if thats the issue. As far as it's concerned the contacts aren't loaded so it keeps spinning.

For those of you with the endless spinning do you have all your contacts shown? DO you have only 44 shown?

My contact list isn't that big and it works fine everytime.

Might be a good hint!

Also did your do this in previoud versions of 1.x.x?

Thanks!
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi NuttyBunny,
    Also did your do this in previoud versions of 1.x.x?

Greg
    Nope, versions 1.x.x worked fine, I had gtalk, Live and Office Communicator, all at the same time, and their contacts loaded with no problems
    Hi Greg :0)
    You had me smiling from ear to ear when I found your GWM plugin and MSN plugin ! Couldn't believe that someone made this real on the Pre which I love. However I have some issues which I can not understand. My Pre is a O2 Pre 1.3.5.2 only with MSN plugin right now. The GWM can wait, 'cause it's work ;0)
    I can not find out what I'm doing wrong, I've also installed 2.03 and the same happens. I can login to my Live account, no prob, but cannot send IM. When I try to send message I get the following message: "Unable to send, You are attempting to send an IM type that is not supported. Please use a different adress".
    I don't know if it's connected to this, but adding Live account to contacts isn't an option either.

*Update*: Contacts from Live, has "other" listed as IM adress type ?? That means I can only create Live users in Live.. #%&/( annoying ;0) By the way: I live in Denmark, bought the Pre i Germany.

What am I doing wrong ??? Please advice, I'd like to smack the Pre disbelievers ;0))

Thanks for your time and effort creating messaging plugin's etc, and listening to all the "babble" / rants... ;0)

Sincerely thanks,
    Karsten
    Last edited by karstenskov; 01/24/2010 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Update
    Hello,
    I also get the continuously spinning login to Jabber. My Pre is a GSM model with webOS 1.3.5.2.

But I guess I found the culprit with DebugMP.sh:
    (12:49:37) certificate/x509/tls_cached: Name mismatch: Certificate given for xmpp-gmx.gmx.net has a name of gmx.de

Use TLS is set to false.
    The XMPP-server of GMX is xmpp-gmx.gmx.net.

Can the certificate check be disabled?
  8. m-s
    Hi,

its very nice that I have now so many messanger plugins. But I have a problem

When I create a yahoo account I can login and use it. After LogOut I cant't get in cause Pre says my password to yahoo is wrong. Only delete account and recreate it helps. My Other services ICQ, MSN and AIM works without any Problem.

What can I do?

Markus

P.S. I'm using german Version 1.3.5.2
    Last edited by m-s; 01/24/2010 at 09:59 AM.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    gtalk has been broken for me since 1.3.5 unpatched~ even doctored to try to fix it. 2.03 messaging patch with live plugin has both windows live working and gtalk is fixed. thanks greg
    Greg... I left my Pre signing in for an hour and now I have not 44 but 45 contacts (but still it doesn't go up from there)
    hey greg
    i only have 22 buddies on msn..........
    u installed the msn plug in only and it spins for ever (once i hit lo-gin i only get one buddy and i check on my pc and i have 5 online....left it spinning for a good hr and it only loaded 2 out of the 5) i also tried changing my status to busy and it stop spinning but my list is not complete..........(the green circle change after 45 minutes o so)
    I have more than 300 contacts in my MSN acount so I've created a new one with just 5 contacts. The second one loads nice and fast and the first one takes forever, so this is clearly a matter of too much contacts to load.
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Hello,
    I also get the continuously spinning login to Jabber. My Pre is a GSM model with webOS 1.3.5.2.

But I guess I found the culprit with DebugMP.sh:
    (12:49:37) certificate/x509/tls_cached: Name mismatch: Certificate given for xmpp-gmx.gmx.net has a name of gmx.de

Use TLS is set to false.
    The XMPP-server of GMX is xmpp-gmx.gmx.net.

Can the certificate check be disabled?
    just copy the cert to your pre and it will work
    Quote Originally Posted by m-s View Post
    Hi,

its very nice that I have now so many messanger plugins. But I have a problem

When I create a yahoo account I can login and use it. After LogOut I cant't get in cause Pre says my password to yahoo is wrong. Only delete account and recreate it helps. My Other services ICQ, MSN and AIM works without any Problem.

What can I do?

Markus

P.S. I'm using german Version 1.3.5.2
    I had the same problem. I tried to delete the account & reinstall. Now I don't have Yahoo as an option at all.
    Greg, I actually really like the avatars! It makes it feel more like the real msn. I guess I'll have to stick with 2.03 if your get rid of that feature.. I used it a ton last night and had no issues, so happy with it! Thanks!
    Hey Greg, i just installed 2.0.3 but msn is miss, how can i add msn live to the list?
    I'm getting the incorrect password message every time I sign in and try to talk to someone. 2.0.3 seems to be worse for me.
  18.    #1958  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Greg, I actually really like the avatars! It makes it feel more like the real msn. I guess I'll have to stick with 2.03 if your get rid of that feature.. I used it a ton last night and had no issues, so happy with it! Thanks!
    Hi volcom45,

If turning off the avatars helps this issue I will add an option so you have a choice. I don't want to force anything. I agree the avatars look good but with 300+contacts it might take a while to download lol. All these populator people ay?

Hopefully should have a result soon. In the mean time I'm going to see what triggers the signing on spinned to stop normally and work backwards from there

Thanks,
    Greg
  19.    #1959  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    Hey Greg, i just installed 2.0.3 but msn is miss, how can i add msn live to the list?
    Hi SISGO,

If MSN is missing just reinstall the live ipk file and restart luna and it should come back.

Thanks,
    Greg
  20.    #1960  
    Quote Originally Posted by odontastic View Post
    I had the same problem. I tried to delete the account & reinstall. Now I don't have Yahoo as an option at all.
    Hi odontastic,

For your exact issue (yahoo missing) remove the patch and re-apply it. Yahoo should come back

As for the password issue does login work if you use the new manualy login option and enter the password? Can you then chat properly?

Do you guys have a GSM Pre?

Thanks,
    Greg