Page 95 of 122 FirstFirst ... 458590919293949596979899100105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2438
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Greg,

While installing 2.0.2, I am getting the below error. The plug-in still installs, but not correctly. I tried to uninstall and reinstall to no avail.
    After a restart when I go into the Accounts and Pref, when I click on an account and choose "Sign On" I get a message (in the second image). The message is truncated at the bottom and the only way to get out of it is to close the IM program.

Anything I can do to help debugging it?

EDIT: Also experiencing same exact behavior as Nerubius states above...
    I also found that since I left the "faulty" patch installed, I am constantly getting "wrong password" notifications, even though the only account I have set right now is the GTalk one, and it is logged on correctly...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ohadios; 01/23/2010 at 10:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi Skribbles505,

Ill make a change so the plugin excepts the @domain.name.

So is that right your login is someone@company.com? Not just someone?

P.S everyone else im going out for a bit then ill read over the next 3 pages of this thread

Thanks,
    Greg
    Greg,

My login is really just username when I log in to the Novell GW client, and when I'm adding the info for a messaging accounts I'm only entering a username. If you look at the list of accounts in the messaging preferences they show username@yahoo.com for example with the appropriate domain for the account. GroupWise is the only one that doesn't match since it always shows @gwim.com instead of @salud.unm.edu which should be showing for my account. I'll try 2.0.2 and see how it works! Thanks again Greg!
    Last edited by Skribbles505; 01/23/2010 at 09:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    alright I just checked again...whenever I sign into...aim gtalk msn and yahoo...I get a messaging that my password is incorrect...but all my contacts show up including my msn but gtalk doesn't show up...so yeah
    I have this issue too and now it doesn't take me directly to the account which i need to update the password for, which it was doing prior to Greg's plugins. Since it was happening with Yahoo before I continued to update the Yahoo account and each time it goes away until the phone goes switches connection like from 1x to evdo or wifi and it seems to ask again. perplexing and a bit annoying. I didn't have this issue until Palm added the Yahoo support.
    Has anyone tried the below for the endless signin loop for MSN??

Run as root...

cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3.backup
    sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
    .load /usr/lib/sqlite3_palm_extension.so
    delete from com_palm_accounts_account where name='Live Messenger' AND com_palm_accounts_AccountType_id IS NULL;
    .quit

Thanks!
    Greg
    I tried that and it didn't make any difference. I'm gonna try the new version now.
    I have to go back to version 2.0.1 with Live. For some reason, I was getting the installation error in version 2.0.2 that I originally got in version 2.0.1.

I do know that I have to remove any patch that is related to messaging.

As I stated only a few patches work with version 2.0.1, but you need to have everything uninstalled first before trying to install any of the messaging updates.

Maybe after things stabilize a little more, then Greg can look into why these patches are not compatible with the new plugins.

Right now, Live is working for me!

Rob

And thank you very much Greg and others who worked hard to get this out to us!

Now we have to worry about what 1.4 is going to bring to the table! Ugh!

Thanks again!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Also, if Greg or anyone wants me to test anything in particular out, let me know!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

hey guys...i was trying out 2.01 and it didnt work so i uninstalled all 3 files and now my yahoo is not (sort of) showing up...i did the repair utility but it didnt seem to work...how do i get it back to normal?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohadios View Post
    Greg,

While installing 2.0.2, I am getting the below error. The plug-in still installs, but not correctly. I tried to uninstall and reinstall to no avail.
    After a restart when I go into the Accounts and Pref, when I click on an account and choose "Sign On" I get a message (in the second image). The message is truncated at the bottom and the only way to get out of it is to close the IM program.

Anything I can do to help debugging it?

EDIT: Also experiencing same exact behavior as Nerubius states above...
    I also found that since I left the "faulty" patch installed, I am constantly getting "wrong password" notifications, even though the only account I have set right now is the GTalk one, and it is logged on correctly...

ya i am getting the same thing. i doctored my phone and still got the error.
    Help! I can't install 2.0.2 (patch)

it barks with an error about some file that it can't find (but I think it's trying to patch the german file)

I was looking forward to test Live again

... Oh, it seems I'm not the only one!
    Patch works fine for my german Pre

And jabber, yeah!
    I'm about to give it a shot and see if I get the same error all you above are getting..

Confirmed! 2.02 Messaging Patch fails to install. Gives a big error screen. It's the same one NuttyBunny posted above.. Yes, I did remove everything first and do it all one by one in the correct order with reboots in between..
    Last edited by volcom45; 01/23/2010 at 12:48 PM.
    Hey guys, i would love to try this patch out, but unfortunately i do not know how to install it(i have just started using homebrew/patches) Can someone please explain how to install this patch?
    I downloaded the file and they say they are 2.0.1 How did you guys get 2.0.2? I also got a error installing the messaging patch and now yahoo does show either.
    does anybody know how to get this fixed?

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2171711
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I downloaded the file and they say they are 2.0.1 How did you guys get 2.0.2? I also got a error installing the messaging patch and now yahoo does show either.
    one or two of the files inside the zip are labeled as 2.0.2
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried the below for the endless signin loop for MSN??

Run as root...

cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3.backup
    sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
    .load /usr/lib/sqlite3_palm_extension.so
    delete from com_palm_accounts_account where name='Live Messenger' AND com_palm_accounts_AccountType_id IS NULL;
    .quit

Thanks!
    Greg
    I did try this as well. It did not fix the issue I am having.

Thanks Greg.
    Getting the same error as the rest here while installing the 2.0.2 patch... Hopefully will be fixed soon..
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Help! I can't install 2.0.2 (patch)

it barks with an error about some file that it can't find (but I think it's trying to patch the german file)

I was looking forward to test Live again

... Oh, it seems I'm not the only one!
    I've installed it without problems.

I've first removed live plugin and messaging patch 2.0.1 and then installed messaging patch 2.0.2 followed by live plugin. All works fine.
    Patch 2.0.2 was also looking for that same German file on my device. Since the Sprint ROM doesn't have the German locale, it naturally couldn't find it.

I reverted back to 2.0.1 with the "all plugins" patch instead of just Windows live only, and now it (WLM & Gtalk) works. Only issue is that the "signing in..." spinning ball never stopped spinning even though it clearly finished loading my online contacts list.
    O2 Pre 1.3.5.2 w/messaging plugin MSN: I can login but cannot send IM. When I try to send message I get the following message: "Unable to send, You are attempting to send an IM type that is not supported. Please use a different adress"

***? How come ?? Everything looks great, but can not send ??