Page 94 of 122 FirstFirst ... 44848990919293949596979899104 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2438
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hmm, been playing with MSN the last half hour. If I click the round button in conversations to go online, it attempts to sign in and does nothing and stops. The only way for me to connect is to go to my accounts, click on Windows Live, and click sign in there, which then prompts me for a password. It'll then sign in but only seems to stay connected for about 5 minutes. The first time, it signed out and then just stayed offline. Then, I signed in again and 5 minutes later, I got a message popping up saying invalid password, so apparently it disconnected and tried to connect again and bad password. Think we still have some issues here. When I used this back when it worked on 1.3.1, it would stay logged in just fine for a long time, not kick me off every few minutes..
    i had the same issue logging in with MSN with 2.0, but have not had trouble singing in with 'the bubble' since 2.01

i do not generally leave chat logged in on my phone when idling, i'll give it a shot and see if i disconnect after 5 mins~
    UPDATE!

Greg, I removed any patch I had install that was related to Messaging!

Patches that I had installed, Open New Card, Avatar, Landscape Mode in Messaging, SMS Tone per Contact in Messaging. I think that was it.

Anyway, I removed them all! I kept my patches that had nothing to do with messaging.

Then I did the installation again, GNU patch has was still installed.

I installed sys first, then the patch, then LIVE only.

I did then all in one step, of course using WEBOSQI, and surprisingly, I did not encounter the bug or error page that WEBOSQI threw up the last time.

And to my other surprise, it allowed me to setup LIVE and login!

I'm trying to find someone to test it out with now, to see if it's really working or not!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I manged to test it out to my other account on my PC and it worked perfectly.

I then tried to put back at least one patch, using WEBOSQI I install the AVATAR patch under 'Styling' and I was surprised again, but I got the same error when I tried to install the LIVE patch that Greg created.

So now I think I know that some of these patches, at least the Avatar patch is not compatible with Gregs plugin messaging stuff.

I will try some of the other patches, but for now I know to run this I probably should stay way from the messaging patches that are available.

Rob

Greg is some of this making any sense, and is there a reason why these patch are not compatible with your plugin stuff?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I played around a little with patches and it seems most of the messaging patches do not work with Greg's plugin.

A few do however, such as: Audio/Video Attachments, New Card Per Convo, Enable Landscape Messaging.

I could not get any Avatar patch to work.

I could not get SMS Tone per Contact to work.

So far that's all I've tried to test out with the LIVE plugin.

It is working for me know, I will monitor it over the next few days for anything else that might be of concern to all of us.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by gummbr View Post
    @mumbassa & all with the problem of disabled fields:

Try switching the language of your Pre to "English/US" and then try to add your accout. That solved this problem on my pre.

Later you can set the language back to your own language.
    This solved it for me with jabber, I switched from German.

Also it seems, that this resolved my signin loop with ICQ, though my contact list still did not fully load. Maybe someone can try this out, because switching back to German didn't bring the signin loop back.
    Quote Originally Posted by alyazir View Post
    This solved it for me with jabber, I switched from German.

Also it seems, that this resolved my signin loop with ICQ, though my contact list still did not fully load. Maybe someone can try this out, because switching back to German didn't bring the signin loop back.
    which server do you use?
    i tried 2 different servers (e.g. ccc) and both show a signin loop :\
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I played around a little with patches and it seems most of the messaging patches do not work with Greg's plugin.

A few do however, such as: Audio/Video Attachments, New Card Per Convo, Enable Landscape Messaging.

I could not get any Avatar patch to work.

I could not get SMS Tone per Contact to work.

So far that's all I've tried to test out with the LIVE plugin.

It is working for me know, I will monitor it over the next few days for anything else that might be of concern to all of us.

Rob
    even with patches removed from messaging...cant get msn to work..just keeps signing in
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by mumbassa View Post
    which server do you use?
    I meant, that it resolved the problem with the grey boxes.

Signing in doesn't work for me either with the server jabber.ccc.de. It works on my laptop and I verified, that my password is correct. I get a sign in loop, too.

My sign in loop is gone only for ICQ protocol after switching to English/US and/or being logged in for about 16 hours.
    which server do you use?
    I meant, that it resolved the problem with the grey boxes.

Signing in doesn't work for me either with the server jabber.ccc.de. It works on my laptop and I verified, that my password is correct. I get a sign in loop, too.

My sign in loop is gone only for ICQ protocol after switching to English/US and/or being logged in for about 16 hours.
    Hi Greg,
    Just installed msn live version 2.0.1 on a german 1.3.5.2 pre. It works! Thanks a lot.
    Axel
  11.    #1871  
    OK Here we go. Sorry for the delay but its best to be tested.

The following has been fixed in 2.0.2
    =====================================

Jabber on GSM. This was not working for languages other than english. This should now work

ICQ Removal (thanks milanroubal). Fixed removal cleanup. Removed files that were controller by the Patch.

GTalk signon (thanks intellidryad and Adam) - (This was working for me as the all plugins package fixed the issue)

Groupwise now logs in with correct name (E.G someone@server.com)

Hopefully fixed a random crash.

How to update
    ==============
    Remove patch. Reinstall patch.

Download Links
    ==============
    Palm Pre
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...1-Palm-Pre.zip

Palm Pixi
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...-Palm-Pixi.zip

Emulator
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...1-Palm-SDK.zip

Hope this helps a bit!

I will begin testing turning off avatar loading for MSN to see if this helps the endless signing issues.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    OK Here we go. Sorry for the delay but its best to be tested.

The following has been fixed in 2.0.2
    =====================================

Jabber on GSM. This was not working for languages other than english. This should now work

ICQ Removal (thanks milanroubal). Fixed removal cleanup. Removed files that were controller by the Patch.

GTalk signon (thanks intellidryad and Adam) - (This was working for me as the all plugins package fixed the issue)

Groupwise now logs in with correct name (E.G someone@server.com)

Hopefully fixed a random crash.

How to update
    ==============
    Remove patch. Reinstall patch.

Download Links
    ==============
    Palm Pre
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...1-Palm-Pre.zip

Palm Pixi
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...-Palm-Pixi.zip

Emulator
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...1-Palm-SDK.zip

Hope this helps a bit!

I will begin testing turning off avatar loading for MSN to see if this helps the endless signing issues.

Greg
    Still no luck... signin loop on jabber
  13.    #1873  
    Still no luck... signin loop on jabber
    Hi mumbassa,

Does it sign in at all? Do you get contacts?

Thanks
    Greg
  14.    #1874  
    Has anyone tried the below for the endless signin loop for MSN??

Run as root...

cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3.backup
    sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
    .load /usr/lib/sqlite3_palm_extension.so
    delete from com_palm_accounts_account where name='Live Messenger' AND com_palm_accounts_AccountType_id IS NULL;
    .quit

Thanks!
    Greg
    Hi mumbassa,

Does it sign in at all? Do you get contacts?

Thanks
    Greg
    Nope, no login/contacts. I have sent you the debug information from "DebugMP.sh".
    Not that anyone seems to be following, but some poor soul may have the same issues.

MSN went back to not working (2.0.1) and not pushing messages. I have a feeling that it has to do with MSN login from multiple places at once. Everything was working until I signed on my computer and Windows Live kicked in. I went back and forth from the Pre to the comp, signing in and out (actually Live automatically signs you out when the Pre logs in) and now the plugin stopped sending messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by alyazir View Post
    I have the same problem with the ICQ plugin. All contacts, that are online are shown correctly, but contact list (offline contacts) isn't fully loaded.
    But there are loaded more and more contacts as time passes, though I can't isolate the reason for that (I forced logout by logging in on my laptop a few times, but that doesn't have an effect on the number of contacts every time if ever). [...]
    I have to specify this: not all online contacts are shown, but they can message me and I can answer them.
    So I can't message them initially through the contact list. But this can be done by adding the ICQ number to the respecting contacts in the addressbook and then start a new convo by tapping the button on the bottom left in the messenger app and select the contact.
    I just installed the latest plugins (sysfiles 2.0.1, patch 2.0.2, icq 2.0.1). Now it looks like the messaging app forgets my password at every phone restart. When I check in the account config dialog, a password is still set, but when I try to login the app says the ICQ password is wrong.

Resetting the password to the correct value allows me to login again. So for now everything works (complete contact list, no infinite spinning circle, no libpurple crashes) - I only have to reenter my ICQ password after every phone/Luna restart.
    Has anyone tried the below for the endless signin loop for MSN??

Run as root...

cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3.backup
    sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
    .load /usr/lib/sqlite3_palm_extension.so
    delete from com_palm_accounts_account where name='Live Messenger' AND com_palm_accounts_AccountType_id IS NULL;
    .quit

Thanks!
    Greg
    removing db null entries...still the same...
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    removed all IM accts, removed 3 packages from 2.01 in reverse order, reboot, installed sys files, patch, and live plugin from 2.02 ..

i recieved an error in wosqi installing the patch, (sorry i don't have a copy of the error, be glad to provide the output when i get home from work)

there is no icon next to 'windows live' option in the add an account screen. gtalk works now~ but now windows live behaves like gtalk used to. just constantly stalls at 'signing in' after adding the MSN acct.