Page 91 of 122 FirstFirst ... 41818687888990919293949596101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2438
    Greg,

Just to update further I have managed to get it installed on the Emulator.

I'm 100% sure I was following the steps correctly and in my last try where it worked the steps were the same as I'd previously been trying.

I went back to scratch and re downloaded WebOSQI (my previous version was 2.96 and the re-downloaded is 2.96).

except this time, the sys patches gave me the script warning and restarted Luna. The Patch then also went on fine. So I'm not sure what the exact reason for the error was but it's now on and testing.

Many thanks for your time.
    Greg,

So in some further testing I still cannot connect to Groupwise. Here's what I've found so far. On all the other IM accounts it has my username listed as username@gmail.com for instance. On groupwise it has username@gwim.com which could be part of the issue since it should probably show the domain the account is assosiated to (just FYI I do have this email account assosited to the phone via imap). At least thats my guess. is there a way to modify that? also here is what happens as I try to sign on with different connection.

Connecting over sprint it gives an error after about 3 minutes saying "unable to connect to the server"

Connecting over public wifi I get the same result after about 3 minutes saying "unable to connect to the server"

Connecting while on our secure network at work (since I'm attempting to connect to their messenger) it attempts to connect with the wheel spinning but never connects or gives an error.
    For those who are complaining about battery draining I think that is normal because when you don't use a messaging plugin, the wifi/3g will turn off when the phone is idle and locked. When you use this plugin wifi/3g will be on forever.

Correct me if I'm wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    For those who are complaining about battery draining I think that is normal because when you don't use a messaging plugin, the wifi/3g will turn off when the phone is idle and locked. When you use this plugin wifi/3g will be on forever.

Correct me if I'm wrong...
    Using the stock gtalk, keeping logged on, doesn't drain the battery as fast as the Live plugin, for example. I think it may be because of the plugin being stuck in a login loop forever.

Curiously, if I let the Live plugin keep "Logging in", it keeps downloading my contacts (online and offline), altough very slow. In about 4 hours I got about 50 contacts.

Maybe if my contact list were shorter.... Time to delete some!

Yep, just for clarifying, I logged in with another account (only 3 contacts), and it stopped spinning quickly!
    Just an update. MSN works now with 2.0.1 I removed all the messaging patches (except for the LED indicator) and it works with MSN.
    I think Greg has already highlighted this as an issue to do with some differences in some of the libraries he was using and should have a fix out soon (mentioned something about tomorrow pending testing etc).

should stop the battery drain issue.

I could be completely wrong but just check a few pages back.
    @mumbassa & all with the problem of disabled fields:

Try switching the language of your Pre to "English/US" and then try to add your accout. That solved this problem on my pre.

Later you can set the language back to your own language.
    Last edited by gummbr; 01/22/2010 at 11:18 AM.
    hello all
    since i am having problem with msn i would like to root my pre and repost the problem to greg
    but the problem is that i am not familiar on how to root it and use these commands
    can some one please point me in the right direction please .........
    commands
    cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3.backup
    sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
    .load /usr/lib/sqlite3_palm_extension.so
    delete from com_palm_accounts_account where name='Live Messenger' AND com_palm_accounts_AccountType_id IS NULL;
    .quit
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    hello all
    since i am having problem with msn i would like to root my pre and repost the problem to greg
    but the problem is that i am not familiar on how to root it and use these commands
    commands
    cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3.backup
    delete from com_palm_accounts_account where name='Live Messenger' AND com_palm_accounts_AccountType_id IS NULL;
    .quit
    Well... while the commands above are not too complicated or dangerous in any way, I just wanted to caution you that when going to command-line, you can cause damage to WebOS, so just be carefull.
    The easiest way to go to terminal in my opinion, is when you have your phone on Dev Mode and connected to the computer, run the following program (Assuming you have the SDK in that location)

\Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin\novaterm.exe

Click the "Connect" button, and voila, you should be in.
    good luck.
    sdk?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    sdk?
    Sorry... I made an assumption... and we all know what that makes me.

You can either install Terminal program directly on your Pre using PreWare WebOSInternals Feed, or you can download the Mojo SDK from Palm (just google it) to have novaterm. I don't know if there's an easier way to get novaterm without installing the SDK, but you might want to google that too. Novaterm is Palm's terminal program. If everything that I am saying here is greek to you, you probably shouldn't mess with it anyway...

Good luck in any case.
    sdk?
    he's making a point, but if you don't know how to root, don't do it , wait until Greg release the new fix ... For now try uninstalling the messenger patches and the plug in should work.
    hey greg sorry to question your work but i would like to know, the msn login spining for ever would it be because of something i am doing wrong or something wrong with my pre?
    thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by kebjen View Post
    Has anyone gotten office communicator to connect? I keep getting the server not found. Have uninstalled plugin and reinstalled. Also have copied certificate. I can get Pidgin to connect. Anyone have any ideas???

Help please!!!

Thanks,
    hello all
    commands
    .quit
    I would suggest using command line from WOSQI since its eay to get to and lets you copy and paste easily. Just choose it from the menu and copy the lines in one at a time. each time you hit "enter" it will run the command you entered for that line.

as for getting things to work I would turn off your back up on the phone, (!!!WARNING!!!! if you do this with your contacts only saved to the palm profile then you may lose them!!!!!) doctor it, login to the palm profile but do not add email or contact accounts, update to 1.3.5.1, use WOSQI to install preware and package manager service, use preware to install GNU, use WOSQI to install the sysfiles 2.0.1, reboot, use webosqi to install the patch 2.0.1 and plugins, reboot the add email contacts ect everything should be working then and backups will be turned back on.

For anyone else who may come accross this. I am able to use all the pugins I had accounts to try and except Groupwise they all connect and DO NOT have a spinning sign in icon including Live.
    Last edited by Skribbles505; 01/22/2010 at 03:26 PM.
    hey Skribbles505 thanks i will use webosquickinstall (linux commandline????)
    and hopfully last question......
    when i copy and paste this
    (cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3.backup
    .quit)
    should msn be running?
    and what should i post everything that shows up?
    and question it say root@palm-webos-device:
    now just copy and paste the command?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skribbles505 View Post
    I would suggest using command line from WOSQI since its eay to get to and lets you copy and paste easily. Just choose it from the menu and copy the lines in one at a time. each time you hit "enter" it will run the command you entered for that line.

as for getting things to work I would turn off your back up on the phone doctor it, login to the palm profile but do not add email or contact accounts, update to 1.3.5.1, use WOSQI to install preware and package manager service, use preware to install GNU, use WOSQI to install the sysfiles 2.0.1, reboot, use webosqi to install the patch 2.0.1 and plugins, reboot the add email contacts ect everything should be working then and backups will be turned back on.

For anyone else who may come accross this. I am able to use all the pugins I had accounts to try and except Groupwise they all connect and DO NOT have a spinning sign in icon including Live.
    wrong, everything is not going to be normal, if you turn off the back up app all your info, contacts and apps are going to be erased, to should warn to the people before to attempt to do what you did
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    wrong, everything is not going to be normal, if you turn off the back up app all your info, contacts and apps are going to be erased, to should warn to the people before to attempt to do what you did
    As far as I remember, info and contacts are lost, but apps are restored upon logging in to the Palm profile again.
    sorry to ask but when i am ruining the commands should msn be login?
    and when i sign off msn and get to the command line
    it say please wait
    i made it as far as entering this
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    As far as I remember, info and contacts are lost, but apps are restored upon logging in to the Palm profile again.
    if turn off the back up app all the cloud erased, so you have to restore the apps installing one by one from the app store for free!

if you log in in the profile is going to be clean no email accounts, no contacts and others , that's why when you turn off the back up app warn you if you really going to do it because is erasing all your info!
    Quote Originally Posted by gummbr View Post
    @mumbassa & all with the problem of disabled fields:

Try switching the language of your Pre to "English/US" and then try to add your accout. That solved this problem on my pre.

Later you can set the language back to your own language.
    I am a little bit in love with you

Thanks, works. That also explains why the testing done by greg did not reveal the error
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

Well it just shows you no matter how much you test you will always have issues

This one took a bit of effort but here you go.

New in 2.0.1
    • Fixed Palm Application Catalog
    • Fixed SIPE crash under certain conditions
    • Included Palms new source code
    • Smaller install
    • System files are no longer replaced
    • No need to restart your phone after the system files installation
    • Preware Works Correctly

Gtalk issue may still exist. If you have issues logging on to gtalk please let me know so we can debug as mine is working fine.

Due to the major changes made under the hood everything needs to be removed using WebOSQI. Remove plugins, patch the sysfiles.

Once removed reboot then install from the below links...

Download links
    ==============
    Palm Pre
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...1-Palm-Pre.zip

Palm Pixi
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...-Palm-Pixi.zip

Emulator
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...1-Palm-SDK.zip

Installation Order (Very Important)
    ===================================

Extract downloaded zip file

*********** CLOSE EVERYTHING AND LOG OFF MESSAGING ***********

GNU Patch (Install from Preware or Index of /feeds/webos-internals in either armv7 (Pre), armv6 (Pixi) or i686 (Emulator) called

org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.X_*.ipk
    org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.0_*.ipk - System Files
    org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.0_*.ipk - Main Patch
    org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.0_*.ipk (Or Individual Plugin) - All Plugins or Individual Patches

*********** RESTART LUNA ( Orange, Sym + R )************* (Otherwise no plugins will be shown)

Thanks for your Patience

Time for a break

Greg

Hi Gree,

sorry but I'm confused. Your zip file have the both version for patch and sysfiles (2.0.0 & 2.0.1) and for the plugin I only see the version 2.0.0. Can I Install versions 2.0.1 for patch and sysfiles and then 2.0.0 version of the plugins?