Page 90 of 122 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2438
    hey rlanza1054
    sorry .........i know SiLlY is a different user (rlanza1054). i was trying to answer both by providing more information so that any one who would read this can see what is going on and i was trying to answer SiLlY question of files that might of still be in my pre from any previews patch or app
    thank you again for the quick reply

one last question to SiLlY
    so SiLlY you was able to install the messenger patch/app correctly without any issues?
    have you gotten msn to work properly?
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    At first I had the same errors you posted here when trying to install the "patch" (not the GNU patch). I was able to fix that. I uninstalled everything. Than I ran a scan and replaced the files, associated with the errors, using the webos repair tool. I reinstalled everything and it all installed without a problem. Everything looks good. I'm actually online and can send/receive msgs. My MSN buddy list loads fine. But the login process is hanging somewhere. The status is constantly at "@ Signing In..." Also.. on top of that.. I no longer have a notification alert. No dings, vibration, blinking led.. nothing. Only way to know if I have a msg is to check the messenger. Weird stuff. I'm ready to doctor but after reading your posts.. I'd hate to waste the time if it doesnt correct the problem. It's PITA to set everything up again on just a chance that it might work, ya know?
    hi
    i'm, having problem with ICQ plugin (2.0.0 and 2.0.1 as well). It shows signing forever.... At the same time contact list is not fully loaded (only a fraction is loaded). Maybe big contact list togeather with accented characters could cause problem?
    Another problem is if another party is in invisible mode. Then messages from me are not delivered (other way is OK).

Anybody has solution? Or hint where to start digging (debug, log)?
    Last edited by zdar01; 01/22/2010 at 02:54 AM.
    Hey,
    dont know if its just my pre but after i installed the new messenger app i got an major batterie and heat problem.
    After 2h hours (without using the pre much) the batterie was from 100% down to 40% and it was quit warm.
    So i went on and deinstalled the messenger and everything is fine again...

So my conclusion is that it was because of the app. =(

(got the pre with 1.3.5.2 the german one)
    Last edited by David387; 01/22/2010 at 07:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zdar01 View Post
    hi
    i'm, having problem with ICQ plugin (2.0.0 and 2.0.1 as well). It shows signing forever.... At the same time contact list is not fully loaded (only a fraction is loaded). Maybe big contact list togeather with accented characters could cause problem?
    Another problem is if another party is in invisible mode. Then messages from me are not delivered (other way is OK).

Anybody has solution? Or hint where to start digging (debug, log)?
    I have the same problem with the ICQ plugin. All contacts, that are online are shown correctly, but contact list (offline contacts) isn't fully loaded.
    But there are loaded more and more contacts as time passes, though I can't isolate the reason for that (I forced logout by logging in on my laptop a few times, but that doesn't have an effect on the number of contacts every time if ever). It shows sign in forever, too.

The problem with high battery drainage is NOT a problem here.

Anyway a big thank you, it's the first version, that works for me.

PS: webOS 1.3.5.2 installed on a O2 Germany Pre with not O2 as provider.

Edit: Even reconnect works...niiiiiice
    Last edited by alyazir; 01/22/2010 at 03:57 AM.
    I have tried installing this in the emulator as I want to test it without risk of messing with my pre.

I get the attached error message when trying to install the

org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.1_i686.ipk

To recap on what I have done.

- Brand new EMU image
    - Installed package manager service
    - Installed Preware
    - Installed GNU patch
    - Installed org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.1_i686.ipk
    - Attempted to install org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.1_i686.ipk

but that last step fails with the attached error.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mr71mb0; 01/22/2010 at 05:33 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    Quote Originally Posted by mr71mb0 View Post
    I have tried installing this in the emulator as I want to test it without risk of messing with my pre.

I get the attached error message when trying to install the

org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.1_i686.ipk

To recap on what I have done.

- Brand new EMU image
    - Installed package manager service
    - Installed Preware
    - Installed GNU patch
    - Installed org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.1_i686.ipk
    - Attempted to install org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.1_i686.ipk

but that last setp fails with the attached error.
    yep, i had the same error..
  8.    #1788  
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbassa View Post
    yep, i had the same error..
    Hi guys,

Sorry about that I forgot to mention. On the emulator you still need to reboot (even though luna restarts) after the sys files installation. I actually replace libraries on the emulator because out of the box no plugins work. Weird!

So restart and then try and install the patch again.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry about that I forgot to mention. On the emulator you still need to reboot (even though luna restarts) after the sys files installation. I actually replace libraries on the emulator because out of the box no plugins work. Weird!

So restart and then try and install the patch again.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi Greg,

Sorry, you must be getting swamped here.

Just for info;

That still didn't work, I get the same error even after a restart after installing the sys files.

One thing I did notice is that you said that installing the sys files does a Luna restart, well mine didn't appear to do a Luna restart.
    I installed the sys files via WebOSQI and it says installing and then just goes away like it's completed. No visible effect on the Emulator (would I even notice?)

Many Thanks.
    Hi Greg,

Sorry, you must be getting swamped here.

Just for info;

That still didn't work, I get the same error even after a restart after installing the sys files.

One thing I did notice is that you said that installing the sys files does a Luna restart, well mine didn't appear to do a Luna restart.
    I installed the sys files via WebOSQI and it says installing and then just goes away like it's completed. No visible effect on the Emulator (would I even notice?)

Many Thanks.
    maybe you doing something wrong , I installed in the emulator and is working like a charm.

I have that error in the pre but I think is for the patches I have installed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    maybe you doing something wrong , I installed in the emulator and is working like a charm.

I have that error in the pre but I think is for the patches I have installed!
    I have posted the steps I took a few posts above, can you see anything wrong or different to what you did?
    I have posted the steps I took a few posts above, can you see anything wrong or different to what you did?
    what I did is install gnu patch without preware and then install the plug in!
    Hey Greg,

this is perhaps a silly question but which plugin do i have to use for Y! only. Here in germany the yahoo contact/calendar sync works out-of-the-box but for messaging you can only use gtalk and AIM (german forum ).

Do i have to install the allplugins (org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins) or is org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles and org.webosinternals.messagingpatch enough?

Would like to keep it as slim and clean as possible
  14.    #1794  
    Hi guys,

Good news I have packaged up a version with gtalk fixed and jabber on GSM fixed.

As its 2am I really need sleep and a clear mind. Tomorrow I will test it to make sure everything works and then release it. So bare with me just a little longer.

For those of you with MSN signing on forever.
    Could you try adding a live email account or if you already have one remove it. Then let me know the results.

If the above fails could you also try the following commands from a root?
    cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3.backup
    sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
    .load /usr/lib/sqlite3_palm_extension.so
    delete from com_palm_accounts_account where name='Live Messenger' AND com_palm_accounts_AccountType_id IS NULL;
    .quit

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    what I did is install gnu patch without preware and then install the plug in!
    I have just reset the emu to stock, and tried it that way and still have the same outcome.

Could you please list "your" steps just in case I'm misunderstanding or missing something please?

Thanks.
  16.    #1796  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Hey Greg,

this is perhaps a silly question but which plugin do i have to use for Y! only. Here in germany the yahoo contact/calendar sync works out-of-the-box but for messaging you can only use gtalk and AIM .

Do i have to install the allplugins (org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins) or is org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles and org.webosinternals.messagingpatch enough?

Would like to keep it as slim and clean as possible
    Hi gizmo21,

org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles and org.webosinternals.messagingpatch is enough to enable yahoo on the GSM phone

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

As its 2am I really need sleep and a clear mind. Tomorrow I will test it to make sure everything works and then release it. So bare with me just a little longer.

Thanks,
    Greg
    sleep tight.
  18.    #1798  
    I have just reset the emu to stock, and tried it that way and still have the same outcome.

Could you please list "your" steps just in case I'm misunderstanding or missing something please?

Thanks.
    Hi mr71mb0,

Might be worth redownloading the file. It looks like it may be corrupt as it says file not found.

I'd re-download and create a clean VM once more.

Let us know how you go.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi Greg, Just for feedback.

I reset the vm, re-downloaded the files and still the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    do u have any messaging patches when u installed the plugins
    No I turned off my backup then doctored it and started fresh. when I was back at 1.3.5.1 I installed preware and the GNU from there. Then used WOSQI to install the sysfiles 2.0.1 and rebooted. Then used WOSQI to install the patch file after it finished I installed the plugin for all. Everything works as best I can tell , but I still can't connect to Groupwise. I copied the security certificate for it as well but still no luck.