Page 9 of 122 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    MSN is not listed.....

I have the same issue.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

yah not working still

either delete AIM so MSN will load, either or.

AIM and MSN and Gtalk do not play well together.

I CAN get MSN loaded correctly, then Gtalk will show "cannot connect to server"
    could you please make it easy to install?
    I have spent all morning trying to get it installed with no luck and weird errors from quick install.
    filecoaster would be the way to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by upperking View Post
    could you please make it easy to install?
    I have spent all morning trying to get it installed with no luck and weird errors from quick install.
    filecoaster would be the way to go!

or even a wget command...

once again my messaging is jacked up (can no longer get back into gtalk or AIM)

"Cannot connect to server"

ughhh now to find a way to fix this
    Quote Originally Posted by chile_man View Post
    Yes AIM YAHOO AND MSN WORK WELL
    you seem like the only one getting AIM to work with MSN

the only combo I get together is Yahoo and MSN.

no matter what Gtalk and AIM WILL NOT work =(

*even with uninstall, I can no longer log into Gtalk or AIM.. error "Could not connect to the server. Try again"

sigh: not another webosdoctor!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Would be nice if this was in Preware for install. I wonder if Preware could have a "Bleeding Edge" Feed.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    msn doest show on mine either
    Warning: once installed do not remove your AIM or Gtalk...it will no longer connect...

I tried restoring the messaging-constants.jsjsjs $file$, $still$ $wont$ $connect$.

I guess its time for a doctor visit!

(unless someone can come up with a fix?)
    I dont have MSN listed either but honestly thats fine for me. I was really only looking for Yahoo and AIM and they work wonderfully together! Now my question is this. Lets say for some reason Palm sends out a new update today (unlikely I know!) how do I delete this and do I 100% HAVE to delete it before updating? Install was simple but the delete does worry me. I dont want to screw it up. Could someone post some step-by-steps for deletion for myself and anyone else who needs it? Thanks very much!

Greg WONDERFUL work! I really dont know how you guys do this but Im so glad you do! Ive missed my Yahoo (used Mundu on the Centro) so this really is great. I will definitely be donating and will not even think twice about paying if this is added to the Apps!

Melissa

Edited to add: I dont know if anyone has mentioned this but my only "issue" is when Im logged onto Yahoo on the comp if someone calls my cell it automatically reconnects me to Yahoo on the cell after the call ends thus kicking me off Yahoo on the comp requiring me to log back in on the comp. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? It isnt horribly annoying for me really but I can see how it could become a pain. Thanks.
    2.03 didn't install it, so I tried 2.06 and it worked. Now I have Messenger and gTalk working together. I'm really really happy with this! Thanks a lot!
    treorock: can you please email me QI 2.06?

My messaging is now jacked up, and would really want to fix this, short of doctoring.

pm sent
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Warning: once installed do not remove your AIM or Gtalk...it will no longer connect...
    I think something went wrong with your particular install. I deleted all my accounts before installing the latest version, and had no trouble adding them back in. Unfortunately, I only have yahoo and gmail accounts, so unless it's a VERY slow night at work and I can sign up for ICQ, AIM and MSN accounts tonight, I won't bet able to test more fully.

****a note on installation: When the installation finished, Luna restarts. It looks like your phone is resetting, but it's not. It's just a Luna restart. If the extra messaging plugins don't show up after you install, try a full reboot.
    @Vee, maybe.

How did you install it? Quick Install? Which ver?

my AIM and Gtalk will not currently connect to server (even after removing the patch...

I hate doctoring it. ughhh
    treorock: can you please email me QI 2.06?

My messaging is now jacked up, and would really want to fix this, short of doctoring.

pm sent
    Install this one:
    http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...ickinstall.jar
    WWTTFF are you guys doing to get it to install? Im using 2.6 QI and when I try installing it it gives me a error that it cant find the IPK file? when it is the file Im using to install..
    I allso tried file coaster downloader to dl and install the file and when it gets to the install part it errors out.
    I did a clean install with webdoctor also. didnt help..
    I just want the MSN part I could careless about the other messengers..
    Last edited by upperking; 10/01/2009 at 02:10 PM.
    @Vee, maybe.

How did you install it? Quick Install? Which ver?
    *** are you guys doing to get it to install?

I'm using WOSQI 2.6, and it's using the WebOSDoctor for 1.2.

I deleted all my IM accounts from my pre before installing.

The WOSQI 2.6 actually does work perfectly with 1.2, it's just that all of the tweaks are broken with 1.2

Anyway, some folks seem to have had better luck installing preware and the IPKG manager service first. Both can be installed through WOSQI.

Remember that WOSQI only works if your pre is in developer mode.

The install takes FOR EVER. Be patient.

The phone looks like it reboots after the install finishes, but it's not rebooting. It's just a luna restart. Wait until it comes all the way back up before you disconnect it, and then reboot it fully. (Orange+Sym+r)

WOSQI should let you reinstall if you've already installed and it didn't go well.
    Don't know is this means anything...but the icon (or pictures) represents the contact moves....it's animated!!!!.......Is this a new feature from 1.2 upgrade??

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    WWTTFF are you guys doing to get it to install? Im using 2.6 QI and when I try installing it it gives me a error that it cant find the IPK file? when it is the file Im using to install..
    I allso tried file coaster downloader to dl and install the file and when it gets to the install part it errors out.
    OK, one more time.

If you're getting errors during the install then install Preware and the Package Manager first, then install the .ipk.

Also, for those with missing messenger protocols, are you sure you downloaded the 1.0.3 version of the messaging plugins?
    Have you tried deleting the IPK off your desktop and downloading it again? I'm starting to suspect that you have a bad download.

Also see my previous post about installing preware and the package manager service through WOSQI first.
    Can someone plz explain to me what exactly happens with this when it works? I have yet to try out any IM on the pre. Sounds like it downloads your MSN contacts into your address/contacts list? So if you have a list with like 300 contacts due to facebook, is the only way to see if an MSN contact is online to scroll through the huge list, find who you want, and see if their status is online? Or is there any sort of list of online contacts on MSN that you can view? That one screenshot doesn't really show the product off enough..