Page 89 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3979848586878889909192939499 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    OK, I just tried install each .ipk file, one by one, after each file I rebooted the Pre.

I did this so I could locate with ipk caused that installation error I had posted.

I got it from the patch file, the sys file went in OK, and the Live Plugin went in OK and of course, to be doubly sure, I also removed the GNU file and reinstalled that (of course it was the first file I installed and then rebooted).

I did not trying uninstalled all my other patches that I have install NOT related to Messaging.

Do we need to do this with NO Patches installed whatsoever?

And just in case I did not mention it, I'm on 1.3.5.1

So again, here is the error message I am getting from WEBOSQI:
    I'm getting that same error....for me it's generated when I attempt to install messagingpatch file via QI.

late,
    Coz
    Quote Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
    I'm getting that same error....for me it's generated when I attempt to install messagingpatch file via QI.

late,
    Coz
    Yes, as I also said, it's the messagingpatch file.. I hope I was clear that it ws that file and not the others.

At this point, without hearing from Greg, I just uninstalled everything, I should just sit tight and see what he can find or tell us.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Ok..thats weird:
    I removed every packet, double checked all file in /controllers and /views with 1.3.5.2 vanilla...but when the menu for adding an account shows a long list of empty buttons after AIM and GTalk.

So my conclusion is: The paket for your service may be broken

€dit:
    Btw, I installed the sys-packet, the main patch and the all-patch again...same results
    I don't think the error lies in the jScript but rather in the service, the patch seems successful.
    Protocols not working:
    Office Communicator
    Jabber
    Sametime
    Novell

Fakeedit:
    It probably has something to do with "// Special case for Server Defined Plugins - add extra content below password field".
    Something like that. If you would like to debug that with me, just ask. I will obey your will
    Last edited by audax; 01/21/2010 at 06:14 PM.
    Greg, so far o good with 2.0.1 using MSN Live! Thank you very much.

I found that Fritos patch "Hold to open new convo card" is incompatible with the plugin. No big deal but if you are having issues remember this.
    hi greg, just wondering if you had any luck with the facebook plugin and if so, will it be in the next update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Calabraun View Post
    What is the proper procedure for those who were running your plugin before 1.3.5 and are now on the updated version of webos? You said to uninstall the original first, however the old uninstall script doesn't work with 1.3.5 .. Do I need to doctor my phone? (hope not!!

I would think many people would be in this same boat? So maybe include this procedure in the instructions above, thanks!!
    Same problem here,please help.
    Is the following the right way to uninstall old version?

Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi mumbassa,

Uninstall the patch and then use webos QI to restore the original version of the below files from the webos doctor file...

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountTypeList-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs

Then install the patch again and try again.

I'd say another patch modified one of the above files which is causing issues

Time for bed...

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by nihatc View Post
    hi greg, just wondering if you had any luck with the facebook plugin and if so, will it be in the next update?
    I believe the FB plugin was originally done by another dev who has not been active for some time and Greg would need to have their support to enable it. I'm sure he can chime in if things have changed.
    Greg
    I installed 2.0.1 and everything seems to have gone well, I'm using live without issue but I cant get logged into Groupwise. I get a message it was unable to connect to the server. The setings are correct and work when I log on to the actual novell client or pidgin. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skribbles505 View Post
    Greg
    I installed 2.0.1 and everything seems to have gone well, I'm using live without issue but I cant get logged into Groupwise. I get a message it was unable to connect to the server. The setings are correct and work when I log on to the actual novell client or pidgin. Any suggestions?
    do u have any messaging patches when u installed the plugins
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Hi Greg,first off, thanks for your work, I installed all files and I saw them in preware>installed package>plugin, but when I opened messaging and tried to add msn or qq account, no such bars in there, then i uninstalled all files and reinstalled them one by one and restarted the device each time i finished the installation, but no luck, nothing change.
    has any one successfully installed msn on ?
    (no looping for ever)
    and if so can you please tell me what was done to get it to work
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi intlbeans,

Just following the P.M messages back and forth. Was your issue resolved?

If not I currently have no way of setting the client string. If required I will add it to my todo

Greg
    Hi Greg, sorry for the delay in replying and thanks for following up. Unfortunately I never was able to get it working--no matter what method I tried it would get stuck forever on the "signing in" with a rotating "wait" circle, and eventually I gave up and doctored my phone (I had been wanting to doctor it anyway after cluttering it up a bit). But I noticed that there are other people on this thread who mentioned having similar problems of endless sign-ins with other plugins, so maybe that was my problem. Not sure. When I get some time later on I might try it, but it was more of an experiment than anything. If I have my OCS on all the time then people might think I'm a workaholic, and my Pre isn't my work phone anyway

However if you need someone to test some things simply for the sake of testing and bug fixing then I am always up for it.
  13.    #1773  
    Hi guys,

I just got some debug feedback. (Thanks intellidryad!)

I now know the issue with gtalk. Ill try and have a quick look at it now and get a version up. (I'm at work )

If not ill do it tomorrow.

Speak soon,
    Greg
    hey greg sorry to question your work but i would like to know, the msn login spining for ever would it be because of something i am doing wrong or something wrong with my pre?
    thanks in advance
    Has anyone gotten office communicator to connect? I keep getting the server not found. Have uninstalled plugin and reinstalled. Also have copied certificate. I can get Pidgin to connect. Anyone have any ideas???

Help please!!!

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    hey greg sorry to question your work but i would like to know, the msn login spining for ever would it be because of something i am doing wrong or something wrong with my pre?
    thanks in advance
    There is a problem with it, I got the same issue.

He is working on it.

Also, try rebooting the Pre and then signing in again.

If that doesn't fix it, it's nothing your doing wrong.

I will need to be fix by Greg.

If you read a few of the previous messages, you will realize that some of u are having some issues.

Remember one thing, this is stilll a beta app, it needs to be tested so Greg can fix it.

So if you had any issue while installing it, let Greg know.

And let him know as much detail as possible, like how you installed it, what steps you took, in what order, and any error messages you got.

Also, I found that WEBOSQI when it gives an error message in a window, you can't copy the text, so you need to do a 'screen capture' which can be done for the active window (the window displaying the error message should be the one active) by ALT-PRINT SCREEN and sometimes ALT-FUNCTION-PRINTSCREEN (as in my case with my laptop).

Then paste that capture in the Paint program and save it as .PNG, then upload to your message here in the thread.

I hope this helps others, I had forgotten how to do a screen capture and someone helped to remind me, so now I can provide that extra detail that the developers need to fix issues.

Rob
    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    thanks in advance
    I wouldn't say it's something you are doing wrong but a patch previously installed is possibly the culprit. Several people have had luck installing this on virgin Pre's. Other where just hit and miss depending on the patches installed. There is something out there that is conflicting. It just hasn't been narrowed down. I started to look into it but I got busy doing something else. Hopefully someone will figure it out. Lots of code savvy people on this board. If I get time to check it out and learn anything.. I'll definitely post my findings.
    hey SiLlY,rlanza1054
    thank you for the fast reply.........
    these are my steps of failure
    webos doctor the pre with 1.3.5.1
    set phone to develop mode....restart
    installed gnu, preware, package....restart
    installed messenger patch and system file .....(get an error the same one as rlanza1054)....restart.....
    install msn ..........restart........(work but never logs in after restart the phone again it logs in but loops for ever)

SiLlY
    i have doctor my phone many times with 1.3.5.1 (i even deleted the backup )
    also i have tried doing thins
    delete the backup and turn it off dr the pre to 1.3.5.1
    use WebOSRepairUtility with 1.3.5.1 scan the pre replace the bad files
    restarted the pre and use webosquickin 2.96 to install all the files and still have the same error

eventually i will get it right lol
    i am currently trying something new repairing the new files doctor the pre and make a back up of the new files and see what happens fingers cross lol

something strange (or i am doing something wrong)
    after an error screen on webosqi i ran again the webosrepair with 1.3.5.1 and it scan my pre but nothing was change but when i try to install i get the same error
    Last edited by bluediablito; 01/21/2010 at 10:38 PM.
    hey SiLlY,rlanza1054 lol
    Not sure why you think I am silly, but OK, I'll take it.

If Greg reads your post, he will have more information to go on to get the problem fixed.

I wasn't just stating the obvious, I was doing it for the newbies that are trying it out.

Remember, Greg kept this out of our hands for a long time, and kept the alpha/beta testers to a small group so he would not be hammered by all of us.

And now look what has happened, we are all trying and I'd say a large percentage of us are having issues.

Result, Greg is getting hammered!

I actually don't believe you are doing anything wrong, which was your original question.

It's my humble opinion that there are a few more bugs in this.

BTW, this spinning logon thing with LIVE has happened with the previous versions.

And there was a fix, if you had a clean install without errors (unlike me) for that issue and as I said if I remember correctly all you had to do was remove the account and re-enter it. And of course, reboot again.

If you search in this thread you might be able to find out what was recommended in the past, as I said I am going by my memory which is not great these days.

Rob

PS Like you, I want LIVE out of all the plugins available. <smile>
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    hey SiLlY,rlanza1054
    thank you for the fast reply.........
    these are my steps of failure
    webos doctor the pre with 1.3.5.1
    set phone to develop mode....restart
    installed gnu, preware, package....restart
    installed messenger patch and system file .....(get an error the same one as rlanza1054)....restart.....
    install msn ..........restart........(work but never logs in after restart the phone again it logs in but loops for ever)

SiLlY
    i have doctor my phone many times with 1.3.5.1 (i even deleted the backup )
    also i have tried doing thins
    delete the backup and turn it off dr the pre to 1.3.5.1
    use WebOSRepairUtility with 1.3.5.1 scan the pre replace the bad files
    restarted the pre and use webosquickin 2.96 to install all the files and still have the same error

eventually i will get it right lol
    i am currently trying something new repairing the new files doctor the pre and make a back up of the new files and see what happens fingers cross lol

something strange (or i am doing something wrong)
    after an error screen on webosqi i ran again the webosrepair with 1.3.5.1 and it scan my pre but nothing was change but when i try to install i get the same error
    That sucks. Pretty crazy bug to narrow down in that case. My guesses where a conflicting file edit or something that's stored/edited in the DB. You just shot both of those guesses out of the water. lol..

Gotta appreciate Greg and his knowledge! I'm sure he'll figure it out when he has time. I'd hate to be him right now.