Page 87 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990919297 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2438
    2.01 msn still the same, logging on forever...
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    im trying to install it and i have this error when i attemp to install the org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.0_*.ipk - Main Patch.

pd:i have some patches in the messenger app like messenger in landscape mode, iphone style, counter,cleartime and a theme for the bubbles
    Sisgo and Greg,

I had this same issue and here's what I did. I Had previously doctored my phone and not tried the plugin again so it would be a clean install, although I did have several other patches loaded/unloaded since that doctoring. This time I turned off the backup and doctored the phone and when it came back up I didn't add any accounts, just signed into the palm profile and went to update. after it finished updating to 1.3.5.1 I followed Gregs instructions. Everything installed without a problem. I was able to add my accounts (gmail, aim, yahoo, groupwise) and everything connected except groupwise. I restarted the phone and when it went to login the wheel just spins. I removed each account then I uninstalled the plugins and the messaging patch. When I went back to add the accounts and see if it they would connect yahoo was missing from the list of options, but gtalk and aim are both working again. Hope that helps with your troubleshooting Greg. Also I noticed there is a newer version of the GNU patch out there, is there any issue with using that one instead?
    what about the battery consumption? and the overall performance with this patch 2.01???

pd. Facebook chat no longer exist?
    I've tried the WLM plugin, and am also getting the spinning wheel login forever, though I am logged in with no issues and it doesn't appear to be using any data.

I take it we still can't link the contacts in synergy though right?
    sorry.. it was probably stated, but it doesnt work with 1.3.5.2? In the first post is stated 1.3.1 only.. whill there be an updated version?

EDIT - ok, I figured it now.. sorry for my stupid question. but maybe you could also update the first post. not every body can find it easily on page 87 :-)
    Last edited by Walhalla2k; 01/21/2010 at 10:19 AM.
    2.01 working perfect now for me Greg! Thanks for your quick fix. For the record, I removed all of 2.0 with preware even though Greg suggests uninstalling only with WOSQI and I still have no issues. MSN Live is the only plugin I installed and it connects perfect, no stuck spinning circle as others report.

PS - I installed from app catalog just fine!
    i've installed all plugings and when i wanna add one it shows me all pluggins but msn..... the one i need.... the only one that cant view on the list of services is msn.... =( need that one
    forget it i did a reinstall of all again and now is on the list...., btw it log in perfectly THANKS =)
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    2.01 working perfect now for me Greg! Thanks for your quick fix. For the record, I removed all of 2.0 with preware even though Greg suggests uninstalling only with WOSQI and I still have no issues. MSN Live is the only plugin I installed and it connects perfect, no stuck spinning circle as others report.

PS - I installed from app catalog just fine!
    Hey volcom can you tell me what patches you have installed in your messanger app ?.. i think some of my patches dont let me install msn live!
    thanks!
    Is it possible to assign a sound file to each of the messengers?
    Live msn I would you the messenger sound file, ICQ the ICQ incoming message sound
    extra?
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    Hey volcom can you tell me what patches you have installed in your messanger app ?.. i think some of my patches dont let me install msn live!
    thanks!
    I only have the Windows Live patch installed in my messaging app from Greg's plugin. I have Gtalk there already from webos although it doesn't seem to work.
    I only have the Windows Live patch installed in my messaging app from Greg's plugin. I have Gtalk there already from webos although it doesn't seem to work.
    i mean like landscape mode or iphone style patch, that kind of patches which one you have?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

Well it just shows you no matter how much you test you will always have issues

This one took a bit of effort but here you go.

New in 2.0.1
    • Fixed Palm Application Catalog
    • Fixed SIPE crash under certain conditions
    • Included Palms new source code
    • Smaller install
    • System files are no longer replaced
    • No need to restart your phone after the system files installation
    • Preware Works Correctly

Gtalk issue may still exist. If you have issues logging on to gtalk please let me know so we can debug as mine is working fine.

Due to the major changes made under the hood everything needs to be removed using WebOSQI. Remove plugins, patch the sysfiles.

Once removed reboot then install from the below links...

Download links
    ==============
    Palm Pre
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...1-Palm-Pre.zip

Palm Pixi
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...-Palm-Pixi.zip

Emulator
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...1-Palm-SDK.zip

Installation Order (Very Important)
    ===================================

Extract downloaded zip file

*********** CLOSE EVERYTHING AND LOG OFF MESSAGING ***********

GNU Patch (Install from Preware or Index of /feeds/webos-internals in either armv7 (Pre), armv6 (Pixi) or i686 (Emulator) called

org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.X_*.ipk
    org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.0_*.ipk - System Files
    org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.0_*.ipk - Main Patch
    org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.0_*.ipk (Or Individual Plugin) - All Plugins or Individual Patches

*********** RESTART LUNA ( Orange, Sym + R )************* (Otherwise no plugins will be shown)

Thanks for your Patience

Time for a break

Greg

What is the proper procedure for those who were running your plugin before 1.3.5 and are now on the updated version of webos? You said to uninstall the original first, however the old uninstall script doesn't work with 1.3.5 .. Do I need to doctor my phone? (hope not!!

I would think many people would be in this same boat? So maybe include this procedure in the instructions above, thanks!!
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Hey Greg, First off.. thank you for this plugin. I was dying with out it since 1.3.5. I only use msn.

I had a problem installing the second patch file (not the GNU). Webosqi would hang on making changes to files. And I believe it was because of another patch or what ever. I replaced the files in "model" with fresh new copies, using webos repair. Everything installed perfectly. The problem I am having now is the same.. some of these other guys are having. When I login to msn.. it just hangs and hangs. The account does login and it does retrieve my buddy list. I can send msgs and receive them. But the status on the Pre just continues to say "@ Signing In...". Another thing I noticed is I'm not getting any alerts of incoming msgs.

I know you're getting piled on with issues and I hate to add another. I do appreciate all the work you do with this plugin. It is the next best thing to sliced bread.
    why dont you just make a proper app? and then sell it on the app store, you'd have NO competition, hence strong sales
    Hi Greg! Thanks for the hard work!!

But I have a question, in the previous versions of the plugin, I copied the SIPE certificate to a certain libpurple directory to make it work, but this time I can't find the directory.

Should I create the directory? or where should the certificates be copied?

Thanks!!
    i mean like landscape mode or iphone style patch, that kind of patches which one you have?
    I normally have the landscape messaging patch, but I guess I have no messaging patches at the moment since doctoring awhile back. I do have a ton of patches but none for messaging..
    I normally have the landscape messaging patch, but I guess I have no messaging patches at the moment since doctoring awhile back. I do have a ton of patches but none for messaging..
    o ok thanks man!
    hey greg...so these plugins have to be for sure installed without any messaging plugins?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey greg...so these plugins have to be for sure installed without any messaging plugins?
    Plugins or Patches?