Page 85 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I followed all the instructions and MSN Live shows my contacts but it keeps logging in forever. Also, gTalk no longer works. I hope it gets fixed soon
    yep, gtalk doesnt work anymore here, too. Msn keeps endlessly logging on.
    gsm pre with 3.5.2
    I can talk to my contacts on msn, but it wont stop spinning like its having troubles logging in. Great job though, it works for what I need it for

EDIT: Ok, so now its not working, it wont sign me in at all.
    Last edited by Tristanlogd; 01/20/2010 at 05:12 PM.
  3.    #1683  
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipah View Post
    Great job on the new installers. I am having trouble getting office communicator working. I get this error when trying to sign in.

Output of the plugin.
    Code:
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/status/scores/offline changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/status/scores/available changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/status/scores/invisible changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/status/scores/away changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/status/scores/extended_away changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/status/scores/idle changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/status/scores/offline_msg changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) util: Reading file accounts.xml from directory /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple
    (07:05:44) util: Reading file status.xml from directory /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificateVerifier x509, singleuse requested but not found.
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificateVerifier singleuse registered
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificatePool x509, ca requested but not found.
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificateScheme x509 requested but not found.
    (07:05:44) certificate/x509/ca: Lazy init failed because an X.509 Scheme is not yet registered. Maybe it will be better later.
    (07:05:44) certificate/x509/ca: Init failed, probably because a dependency is not yet registered. It has been deferred to later.
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificatePool ca registered
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificatePool x509, tls_peers requested but not found.
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificatePool tls_peers registered
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificateVerifier x509, tls_cached requested but not found.
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificateVerifier tls_cached registered
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/logging/format changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/logging/format changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/proxy/type changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/proxy/host changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/proxy/port changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/proxy/username changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/proxy/password changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificateScheme x509 requested but not found.
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificateScheme x509 registered
    (07:05:44) util: Reading file smileys.xml from directory /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple
    (07:05:44) util: File /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/smileys.xml does not exist (this is not necessarily an error)
    (07:05:44) stun: using server
    (07:05:44) util: Reading file blist.xml from directory /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple
    (07:05:44) util: File /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/blist.xml does not exist (this is not necessarily an error)
    *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x0006ffe8 ***
    Aborted
    Hi phillipah,

Interesting! Are you able to debug for me?

If you can run the following from the command prompt?

ln -s /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0 /usr/lib/libexpat.so.1
    then
    gdb /usr/lib/LibpurpleAdapterExt

Once loaded type "Run"

LibpurpleAdapterExt should now run.

Login into Communicator and wait for the crash.

Once crashed type "backtrace" and if required hit enter to get the whole trace.

Then can you P.M me the output???

Thanks!
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post
    Followed the instructions, installed everything, Live Messenger just spins, never signing in.

Uninstalled everything, restarted Luna, now Yahoo is no longer in the list of messaging services.

Looks like I'm doctoring again.
    Ditto!

late,
    Coz
  5.    #1685  
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    I am trying out the Office Communicator for the first time, and I know from past experience working with Pidgin to get my client connected to the server at my office that I had to change the client ID to this:
    UCCP/ OC/2.0.6362.0 (Microsoft Office Communicator)

With the plugin so far I can't sign in and I'm guessing it's the ID that's the problem, so I'm wondering, what is the client name being sent, and how can I change it, maybe via a quick Terminal settings hack?
    Hi intlbeans,

Just following the P.M messages back and forth. Was your issue resolved?

If not I currently have no way of setting the client string. If required I will add it to my todo

Greg
    Hi, Thanks for the update but sadly its not working correctly...
    i followed exactly your instructions on installing it, as i only use icq i only installed that plugin (and not all).
    after that i restarted luna, opened the messaging app and added a icq account, put in my login and pw and it connected and showed my contact list.
    Then i signed off and closed the app, restarted it and tried to log in again and now its stuck on the "Signing In..." Info, a pre restart didnt help.
    Why was it working the first time?

PS: removing the account and creating it again works for the next period of time until i sign off.

EDIT: GSM PRE running 1.3.5.2
    Hmm, this is very odd, but ever since I completed installing these new plugins and setting up my Windows Live, I am unable to download anything from the App Catalog. I tried to update 2 apps, both just sit continually paused. I hit resume and they instantly go back to paused. I just tried to download another free app and it says downloading but isn't downloading a thing. I rebooted the phone, same prob. I turned on wireless, same prob. Coincidence? App Catalog just having issues right now? Or anyone else running into this? Any chance one of these plugins or services could be conflicting with anything App Catalog related?
    Quote Originally Posted by kd888 View Post
    I followed Greg's instructions exactly on my Pre with WebOS 1.3.5.1, installed using WebOS QuickInstall. I installed just the windows live plugin.

Everything seemed to install successfully, but when I go to the Add an Account list, Windows Live does not show up. I went back and tried installing All Plugins, but I still don't get any new options in the list...

I haven't tried installing messenger plugin on here since I last doctored the phone to 1.3.5
    I just tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling, but I still don't see any of the plugins in the add account list. Anything else I can try before I try doctoring?
  9.    #1689  
    Quote Originally Posted by kd888 View Post
    I just tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling, but I still don't see any of the plugins in the add account list. Anything else I can try before I try doctoring?
    Hi kd888,

Try reinstalling the All Plugins IPK or the individual IPK for the plugin you want. Then restart luna and try again.

Thanks,
    Greg
  10.    #1690  
    Hi guys,

FYI im at work and quiet busy so im trying to reply as best as I can.

I'm a little annoyed as palms open source site has the code for libpurpleadapter. Every release it has stayed at version 1.0.0.

I just redownloaded 1.0.0 and its different to my 1.0.0!!! Arhhhh.

So im going to update my code to match and then test to see if it helps with GTalk.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hmm, this is very odd, but ever since I completed installing these new plugins and setting up my Windows Live, I am unable to download anything from the App Catalog. I tried to update 2 apps, both just sit continually paused. I hit resume and they instantly go back to paused. I just tried to download another free app and it says downloading but isn't downloading a thing. I rebooted the phone, same prob. I turned on wireless, same prob. Coincidence? App Catalog just having issues right now? Or anyone else running into this? Any chance one of these plugins or services could be conflicting with anything App Catalog related?
    i have the same problem as u
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

FYI im at work and quiet busy so im trying to reply as best as I can.

I'm a little annoyed as palms open source site has the code for libpurpleadapter. Every release it has stayed at version 1.0.0.

I just redownloaded 1.0.0 and its different to my 1.0.0!!! Arhhhh.

So im going to update my code to match and then test to see if it helps with GTalk.

Greg
    Hey Greg,

will this also help for the jabber-issue on the GSM-Pre's?

thanks!

mumbassa
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi kd888,

Try reinstalling the All Plugins IPK or the individual IPK for the plugin you want. Then restart luna and try again.

Thanks,
    Greg
    No dice, still no Windows Live Messenger in add IM accounts...

I don't have time to do it now, but I guess I'll use web doctor and try it on a fresh system with no other patches installed.
    As a follow up to my App Catalog issue since these new plugins, my battery is draining at a pretty rapid pace even while sitting on the touchstone charger.. this isn't good..
    Yep, I am having this issue too.

Uninstalled the plugin and appstore works again..
    Last edited by Tristanlogd; 01/20/2010 at 05:38 PM.
    As a follow up to my App Catalog issue since these new plugins, my battery is draining at a pretty rapid pace even while sitting on the touchstone charger.. this isn't good..
    also same here...i dropped from 70 to 30 % in 1 hr

i decided to remove the plugin...patch and sys files and c if everything goes back to normal
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I think it's the Messaging Plugins System Files that is the culprit. I've been removing the things in reverse order from his instructions one by one and rebooting to see if the issue is fixed. Now rebooting after removal of System Files to see if issues is fixed. If not, guess its the GNU patch. I installed the latest -3 version from November 2009.

BINGO: It is indeed the Messaging Plugins System Files. It has major issues with the App Catalog. Remove it and things will work fine again. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Greg, courage to ya
    I think it's the Messaging Plugins System Files that is the culprit. I've been removing the things in reverse order from his instructions one by one and rebooting to see if the issue is fixed. Now rebooting after removal of System Files to see if issues is fixed. If not, guess its the GNU patch. I installed the latest -3 version from November 2009.

BINGO: It is indeed the Messaging Plugins System Files. It has major issues with the App Catalog. Remove it and things will work fine again. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Greg, courage to ya
    yeah i removed all 3 bc msn wasnt working that well...and all is well now

im probably gonna doctor my phone bc now that i removed the 3 files....now yahoo doesnt show up in my accounts...just aim and gtalk
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 01/20/2010 at 06:04 PM.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

yeah, im seeing the same, i only have system files patch installed and now uninstalling my app store is working again!
    had it going for a while now, battery drainage is through the roof, appstore isnt working, phone runs slower than usual and relogging only works if you reconnect the specific im account and retyping your password

had some buddy list issues as well, on login it would show some of my contacts, and after closing the messenger app, the buddy list would be emtpy, could still talk to the people, but had to look them up in the contacts app to see who is online